1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Gut microfilms

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by indigogirl, Oct 8, 2012.

1. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Can someone please explain gut microfilms?

When I google it I come up with stuff about German films!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

think plaque on your teeth........it is the film that allows bacteria grow on it.......you got it in your gut too.

Arborescence likes this.
  3. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Thanks, Jack.

4. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com/2009/09/cure-for-inflammatory-diseases.html

I liked reading this site. I still don't have a good solid grasp of the protocol though. Like how long to live with the diarrhea (I'm sure it's unique to each person). What signs to look for to tell you your films might be cleared out? And then there's the repopulation bit, which I think it pretty hormone dependant to achieve a good result - pesky hormones! I'll copy/paste what I wrote about it in the Hashimoto's thread:

Jack talked in the last webinar about re-engineering the gut, and it seems to me, the starting place is getting a decent hormone profile, and then stripping out gut biofilms, and then re-seeding using the epcotx. He mentioned in passing about using Mg and/or coconut oil for "2-3 days" to remove existing biofilms. However, when I have done more reading about these biofilms, it seems they need far more treatment than just "a few days" of diarrhea. The bacteria create a polyssacharide (hard shell, I think) exterior and live happily underneath it. Antibiotics don't reach them in any measurable quantity, and they are very difficult to erradicate. I was reading the other night on another site about them (here: http://coolinginflammation.blogspot....-diseases.html). This author has a lot of similar ideas to Jack's, so of course I like a little consistency. But other places I've read about biofilm removal taking months (protease enzymes between meals can apparently do some decent work at cracking their shells).

The thing is, I think caution is needed, because without the right initial conditions after the clean-out (and this involves hormones, like the Pg/E2 ratio, for reasons I can't articulate, and would love if someone else could!, good cortisol profile, probably others), I would think you would cultivate something less than desireable.

So, these tidbits have been dropped, but without any real measurables (like how longshould you continue with diarrhea Mg loading? How do you know that they're cleared out and you're ready for the next step? Would CO be better, if once cleared you know it because the diarrhea stops - or does it stop?). BUt it seems imperative that hormones are step 1...

5. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Bigknitwit, I don't have any answers for you. I, too, would like more, specific info on how to do this. I do remember Jack saying ( during a Webinar or Q&A) that he had diarrhea for 3 weeks when clearing his gut microfilms.

6. freesia

freesia Old Member

If you google Biofilms you're likely to come up with a lot more. That's the most commonly used term to describe them.

I've done biofilm protocols over the past 4 years - destroying them can release a lot of stuff so a gentle approach (like Jacks) is highly recommended by me! Companies like Kirkmans and many others make formulas used by parent's treating their autistic children with a biomedical approach. Treating Biofilms can be very effective.

7. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

8. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Freesia, what kind of protocols have you done? How did you assess the results?

9. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

http://bacteriality.com/2008/05/26/biofilm/

Super long read...

Talks about how biofilm bacteria can actually secrete something that binds to the VDR receptor to inactivate it, thus continuing to compromise the immune system...

10. Momma28

Momma28 New Member

The question to me is....do these bacteria enter the body through the teeth? Such as through the infection of root canals or decay under mercury amalgam? I have so many friends with serious health issues that have had one or more root canals and lots of AI issues.

Dr. Jerry Tennant says that these bacteria are dormant in the body until ph level drops low enough for the oxygen to fall within the tissues. They then wake up and begin to feed.....on us. They liquify nutrients in the cells and "drink" them up. Their waste products are actually what cause us to respond with inflammation. How the Body Works Part 2 on youtube.

Also, one of my friends who has suffered with fibromyalgia for years and has it well under control with a ketogenic diet underwent treatment with a Dr. Reezor out of Chicago by using something called Bellugi. This is supposedly an enzyme produced by a worm of this name. I will question her as to the results. It was supposed to clear biofilm. This was a year or so ago and had no clue what she was talking about back then. I'll keep every posted.

11. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Momma28, you might be interested in this book: http://books.google.com/books/about/Uninformed_Consent.html?id=nNVpAAAAMAAJ

"Uniformed Consent: The Hidden Dangers in Dental Care"

Dr. Huggins and Dr. Levy assert that a large number of disorders are, though often incurable, easily preventable. He proposes that multiple sclerosis, lupus, leukemia, chronic fatigue syndrome, Parkinson's disease, many mental disorders including Alzheimer's, and even major diseases like breast cancer are caused, in part, by the toxins we place in our bodies. Where do these toxins come from and how do they get into our bodies? You my be surprised to find that you have actually paid to have them put there. These dangerous materials--mercury, cadmium, beryllium, nickel, and others--are used in "everyday dentistry" to make up the fillings, root canals, and bridgework in our mouths, and are supposed to be "safe." But are they?

"Uninformed Consent" presents cases of toxic poisoning--of depressed immune systems and inexplicable illnesses--to toxins entering the bloodstream from the heavy metals in dental materials. The authors also discuss the hidden truths that the dental industry in America doesn't want to talk about, and the real reasons the dangers of these materials have been suppressed and ignored.

Drs. Huggins and Levy implore the reader: "Don't leave your health in your dentist's hands and assume that all will be fine. Become informed and take an active role in your health. Know what will be implanted in your mouth. You must decide at the outset what is more important to you--the life of a filling or "your" life." "Uninformed Consent" will give you the facts so that you may take responsibility for your dental--and complete--health and wellness.

12. maggie

maggie New Member

@Bigknitwit: thanks for posting this. Art Ayer's site is awesome. I've read the post through and I think your questions are important. I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but I thought that Jack said that the EPXOTx protocol he outlined was just that--an outline only--and the details would have to be worked out individually in educational consults.

13. freesia

freesia Old Member

Hi Indigogirl.

I started a protocol using Kirkman's Biofilm defense (plus Vit C, bioflavinoids, activated charcoal and a few other things)...then I switched to something called Interfase Plus (Klaire Labs). The protocol crippled me! My understanding is that destroying biofilms too fast can lead to bacteria, their toxic byproducts and metals they're holding onto all spilling out into the gut. How well your gut is functioning, and the state of your general health will determine how well you cope with this. I had to step back the doses of everything but still really struggled with the protocol and I wouldn't know if it was a success. I guess what I determined was that I had a problem with biofilms?!

A year later I started with a more gentle approach using apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, occasional activated charcoal, and edta suppositories. I was doing the GAPS diet at the time so gut was in better shape I expect and I didn't have the same negative results, though fatigue and headaches increased temporarily. I followed the protocol for six months and I did improve over that time but it's impossible for me to assess how much any improvement was down to the biofilm treatment vs starting the GAPS diet.

Wish I could be more helpful!

PS should have clarified in my previous post that I have seen biofilm treatment mentioned by parents in my local biomed group as having had a very positive effect on their autistic children.

14. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I'm just trying to stay focused on the fact that bacteria need carbohydrates to build their homes with. If they don't have any, fresh, it seems that would be a positve.