1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Gut Health

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Rela, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Rela

Rela New Member

This is regarding my husband. Overall he is a healthy person... very active,exercises everyday. He has very good physique. But his gut health is not optimal at all. He gets diarrhea that has no pattern. He has tried out eliminatiion diets but can not find for sure what is causing it. All his blood tests are normal on his physical test.

what kind of tests should we order to diagnose what is causing him this.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That does not mean he is healthy........that is worrisome. He needs testing with a doctor.

3. Rela

Rela New Member

Dr Kruse,Can you please name the tests so that we can ask our doctor .

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is just my opinion .....I am discovering that I have issues with most veg.

I have been re listening to the leptin RX and related webinars. At one point Dr. k. does talk about carbs and how we don't really need them.
    I do much better on high fat and medium protein and some salad once in a while. That seems to suit me just fine.

Last year I did the whole 30 - exactly as written - and I was not a happy camper at all.

A week ago I started the leptin reset again and in a few days felt so much better.

When I first did the Leptin reset 4 years ago - I really thrived. I have gotten off track the last year because of all the cooking I do for my partner.
    But I am back on track and Have learned my lesson!

Simple is way better - for me anyway!

Good luck.....

seanb4, Sheddie, Rela and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rela

Rela New Member

Thanks for your input Caroline. He is already doing high fat/ moderate protein/ low carb diet.He has had this condition for long time now. We really want to diagnose it and then change diet accordingly

6. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Here's what I did to completely eliminate all my gut issues (yes, all):

Eat whats available locally, seasonally
    Eat when it is light out
    Eat more seafood
    Got my ass outside into nature, getting tons of grounding, cold, and most importantly: sunshine

7. Linz

Linz New Member

+ raw seafood, kimchi (vit K), turmeric, onion/garlic, no gluten - Epcot Rx
    + power off at night, shielded wiring, very dark nights

I've seen huge changes but it took time.

caroline, Rela and Phosphene like this.
  8. kris90

kris90 New Member

As soon as I saw the bold, I thought overtraining. Chronic exercise leads to a leaky gut. Been there, done that. So has my mother @Cindy Domitrovits.

I used to train BJJ 4x per week, and full body workouts 3x per week with running. Probably average 2 hours per day. My gut health was horrible, and carb cravings through the roof. Now I train 1x per week, have 0 cravings, eat as much as I want, and I'm 155 lbs with 8% BF. I haven't been this light since high school.

So what I have learned is that exercise, and caloric restriction is not necessary for optimal body composition. It certainly will help, but at the expense of health problems like leaky gut. @Jack Kruse has warned over and over again that you can have a nice body on the outside, while destroying your health on the inside constantly replacing stem cells through chronic exercise.

9. kris90

kris90 New Member

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170607085452.htm

Cindy Domitrovits and Rela like this.
  10. Rela

Rela New Member

Might be the case. Actually we want to be sure if it is leaky gut os something else. so if there is any test that confirms it?

11. Rela

Rela New Member

Also we have found two culprits in diet.... grains and sweet potato.

12. drezy

drezy Gold

Rela likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

ARE YOUR GUT MICROBES STEALING YOUR CHOLINE? This is so interesting! Brand new paper talks about how choline-eating bacteria could affect your risk of metabolic disease, impact behavior, and reduce the availability of choline for the host (YOU). "Our results suggest that choline-consuming, TMA-producing gut microbes can significantly impact health not only through TMAO accumulation, but also by competing with the host for this essential nutrient, eliciting a quasi-choline-deficient state." Tons of interesting nuggets in the full text. This could certainly have implications for personalized nutrition. http://www.cell.com/cell-host-micro…/…/S1931-3128(17)30304-9

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've been wondering about a similar situation with monounsaturated fats for me. I was craving nuts, and eating them daily, yet my labs kept showing low levels. I tried a hack, and the cravings stopped instantly. I'm still eating avocados, olives or nuts daily so it will be interesting to see what my next labs show.

15. Rela

Rela New Member

16. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

I will co-sign these as well.

One thing I forgot to mention: I used to consistently place my laptop on my stomach while using it. I believe this significantly contributed to my gut issues as well.

Linz and drezy like this.
  17. Linz

Linz New Member

And mine started from no apparent problem to acute inflammation after starting to work on a bright screen at night after my children had gone to bed (plus a prescription course of ibuprofen for a painful hamstring. Singlet oxygen radicals??).

Rela, sorry if this is a diversion from finding the right tests.

caroline likes this.