1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Guess I'm in

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Peertje80, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Good morning Peertje. I like that red balloon image .Interestingly enough I was visualizing being on a cold beach yesterday. :)

Re the coke at the party. It happen to me too with Fanta . I had the bright idea to buy a soft drink where I teach. I teach a class in a local subway and the unwritten rule for table occupation is one drink all around Buenos Aires . Well.the lesson went well but as soon as I got up I felt drunk ,brain fog . it did not pass for a couple of hours.

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Thanks Peertje for sharing that red balloon image. It brought a smile to my face . I don't know why the image resonates with me but it does. :)

Peertje80 likes this.
  3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I wouldn't get the usual headache the next day after I quit drinking but I would still have the exhaustion.

Peertje80 likes this.
  4. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I can't believe how regular my cycle is right now. Last time I stopped with birth control, I was so damn irregular and lethargic, I had to start with the pill again. It is truly beyond me, but I can put a clock to it now:cool: Which is quite a relieve.

5. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I usually crave peanut butter (dutch style) when I'm sick. But lately peanut butter is on my mind. I don't know why though. I know it is pretty bad stuff. What am I craving? Something still missing, but what?
    peanut.jpg

6. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Today I turned 35 years old... and realized I'm probably now healthier then I ever was. As a present my body gave me soft finger tips today. I could touch things without the feeling I'm snake skinned. Smooth touch :D. It may seems like a mundane thing to notice or to be even thankful for,... but I haven't had soft smooth finger tips in 5 years or so. I've been touching my finger tips all day, you know like in the money gesture. My colleagues thought I was loosing it mentally. They couldn't appreciate my awe about this.

b612 likes this.
  7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!
    Congratulations on your present,too.
    Would that be an oyster you are eating in your avatar?

8. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Dank je wel!

Nope no oyster, hollandse nieuwe (herring) :) We try to get a serious picture eating herring, but I had to laugh all the time. Didn't work out, but this is okay too.

caroline likes this.
  9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Lol,prefer oyster . Fish and me are not friends.Oysters no smell, except like seawater .

10. b612

b612 New Member

Hahaha sounds like me. That craving comes fromm nowhere :rolleyes:

Peertje80 likes this.
  11. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I totally appreciate the fact of my car breaking down just when I was about to turn on to the highway. This is the nature of being. Things are until they break down, fall apart and disintegrate in to something else and so cease to exist as they were. I have a deep respect and admiration of the nature of things. But of course it is very coincidental it happened just at the moment I really needed my car. It couldn't have happened last week or the week before. No, it had to happen right now at the most inconvenienced time ever.

I could go full rpm with hardly any capacity from the engine(this sounds familiar somehow). I went straight to the dealer for repairs. Well actually it was more like a crawling pace of 30 km/h. The dealers is located quite some miles from my house, so I had to take the bus back home. I pulled out my smartphone and enabled 3g (I've not advanced to 4g). Trying to find the bus schedule and which transits I should take. No signal. The one time that I need to use my smartphone I have no signal what so ever. No wifi either. I'm in the middle of f*** nowhere. The irony of this made me laugh out loud. This made the people at the bus stop look very uncomfortable...

I needed to buy a bus ticket which is nowaday easier said then done. Because we have the transit chip card you have to slide over a reader at the door. I made some small talk with the very friendly bus driver lady and turned to take a seat in the bus... Fear struck my heart. OMG nobody warned me the zombie apocalypse is here! A bus full of people and not a sound. Heads all facing down, staring at their phone or tablet. If I would have walked in naked nobody would have noticed. It made the hairs on my arms and neck stand up. This was no good place to be.

When I got home my energy was totally drained from this strange adventure. I took a 20 minute nap to recuperate. And now I'm trying to make peace with the fact I can't execute the things I had to do.

12. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

The astronomical summer is about to start (in a few hours), but you wouldn't say looking outside. Yet an other cold, grey and rainy day. I cannot tell the difference between summer, autumn or winter. Because it was so... well dark outside I slept in till 9:30AM. Okay... erh I slept 10 and half hours. I haven't slept that much since I was a teenager.

My late awaking made me have a late break fast. This is interesting. Because I ate what I normally do (but usually I eat at 6AM). But I still feel so very stuffed the thought of food is not really compelling pff. I'm skipping lunch and just bring some nuts and canned fish to the beach for during kite session. Probably skip dinner then too.

13. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Well I ate a light dinner anyway yesterday. This was not because I was really hungry but to avoid discussion with significant other. I could have go without easy, no sweat. Really weird experience. Today I had to work so I ate at 6AM. Skipped lunch, felt some hunger sensation around 4PM. But when I had dinner ready at 6PM I wasn't that hungry. However I noticed that after I started eating, I got hungry and maybe ate more then usual. Ideally I think I should eat dinner sooner.

14. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Yesterday evening I was so tired I fell a sleep on the couch at 8:30PM. Woke up at 10PM and got my ass in to bed. Slept deeply till 3AM and then I was wide awake for about 15 minutes. I was in doubt what to do. I felt so vibrate and awake. Noticed my fingers on the left hand were a bit itchy. Haven't had that for some months now. Then I fell a sleep again and woke just 1 minute before the alarm went.

caroline likes this.
  15. b612

b612 New Member

Wow! I'm jealous. You sleep a lot.

Peertje80 likes this.
  16. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

@b612 yes I feel so fortuned, my sleep is really much much muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better lately.

Today was time for a reality check. I terminated the utilities contract for the house of my late in-laws house. I received an e-mail which said: "If you have a smart meter, we will read it out. If not please register the reading yourself within 5 days after termination of the contract". I was like ... WTF do we even have those in the Netherlands.

So I remembered I took some pictures of the house. And in horror have to conclude... there is no escape... yep they are here. Silly naive me :confused: nietzoslimzonslimmemeter.jpg

17. b612

b612 New Member

Sorry, I don't get it. Don't understand anything about electricity. What does it mean?

18. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

@b612 it was not specifically for you. Just something I bumped into. The Americans seem to have much trouble with smart meters. I didn't realize the smart meter was already in use in the Netherlands too. If I understand correctly they emit a whole lot of nnEMF. It kind a struck me, cause both my in-laws died prematurely in that house.

19. b612

b612 New Member

Yup I understood it wasn't for me. But I was interested ... Ok now I understand. I also need measure my apartment in France. I feel so bad there. Now I'm in Portugal. No symptoms. Feeling completely healthy. Slept for 10 hours lol.

Peertje80 likes this.
  20. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Oeps... I have pretty bad sunburn in my face. I did really well getting plenty of sun and not getting burned what so ever. I guess spending 3 and half hours straight kite surfing in the white wash water of the rip tide at high noon was too much with out any protection. I forgot all about sun screen, cause I had no need for it (until now). My only option now is to put on thick layers of coconut oil or cocoa butter, stay out of the sun and hope for the best. It was a stupid thing to do staying out that long at noon, but it was a good session. Had so much fun.

My hands though... are doing so well. Usually I have very dry and crackly skin after being in the water so long. But my the skin of my hands look just amazing and I still have soft finger tips :)

My HS isn't doing so well I'm afraid. Temperature has risen, summer is really here now. High humidity and 70 plus degrees is not for me. The heat seems to make my HS worse now. Wonder why that is?

I'm burning up with a slight fever from the sunburn.Want to CT in bath tube all day, but now time. Things have to be done today and then it is finished:cool: