1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Guess I'm in

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Peertje80, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I need to eat lunch during this time of the month to keep energy up during late afternoon and to prevent cravings. God couldn't we just get ride of this female hormone thing grrr... I was just in the groove.

caroline likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You can get to one meal easy if you cut out light.

Peertje80 likes this.
  3. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Thanks, I'll do that, I can cut more out. Really need to buy curtains now. Also was a bit slack about the watching tv thing. I really miss the lethargic zombie mode when I'm tired and tend to cave for watching tv like a couch potato. I have to find a non light involved replacement for that... I'll figure it out.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

oxy, oxy, oxy ......

5. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

If I understand correctly, yes. But my gut feeling says no, I don't crave carbs or protein. Maybe craving or hunger are not the correct words,... feelings of emptiness seems more accurate. I feel empty. I feel the need to fill up, but I can still constrain. Really weird feeling anyway. Never experienced something like it. I think it is also partial psychological. Still dealing with grieve. I'll just meditate some more on that. Still rather messed up in the emotional department. Clearness and insight still alludes me.

6. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

By accident I totally messed up my routine (forgot time too). And I think I like it ;)

What happened?
    I woke at 5:30 AM like always. Usually I go to bathroom first (yes I know.... light). I totally messed up my routine today and went straight outside in hurry to see if I could gaze at some sun, knowing that it would rain soon. Then ate breakfast. Went upstairs with coffee to wake hubby who had to work 1 hour earlier. Because I have lousy depth perception I miss judge distance to door handle and spilled coffee all over. So I had to clean that up and decided to do the entire hallway and office because I was at it anyway. Said goodbye downstairs to significant other and then ran in to a newspaper I started reading. So I'm supposed to start working at 7AM. But today I started at 8:15AM.

The difference in energy today was ... stunning actually. I'll try to repeat it every workday this week to see if I have the same result. Go outside before lights or anything else, eat, do some stuff and reading then start working. I will finish work later, but if energy stays this good, then it is definitely worth the trade off. And I will bang my head to the wall because I was ignorant in 3 ways having this routine for 6 years for no reason at all (I'm totally free to decide my own working hours). O... maybe I can even sneak in more sleep, that would be nice:D

caroline and fitness@home like this.
  7. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I caved yesterday for peer pressure to have 1 alcoholic drink in the evening just before bed. This wasn't a good idea. I haven't had night sweats in weeks... but woke up with bed sheets soaking wet. Never noticed before this had such an impact. But it clearly does.

8. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

My experiment of starting work 1 hour later works really good for my energy. Though I feel a bit rushed in the afternoon to get home, because I think I have much less time. So maybe that stress isn't so good. I'll give one more week to get used to.

I'm a bit concerned about annoying radiating pain from right side upper buttock, hip and knee. It feels all too familiar. It started last Sunday after stretching at BBT. First it was mild so I didn't give it much attention, but it now is really starting to bug me. I limp a bit more then usual, calf muscle feels tight, but have no pain in my back. Gonna take it easy this week and I hope it passes soon:eek:.

Tomorrow we are going to install curtains in office room. 1 down... a lot to go. But it is a start.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    caroline likes this.
  9. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Hmm nope not good at all. Got fluid build up in right knee, doubled in size overnight. It cracks like old floor boards. Packed it with ice, but I don't even feel it get cold. Right hip feels some what better though. Seems more like inflammation of the knee joint then anything else. Which is a relieve somehow. Got full range of motion, but limping like an impaired duck. How the hell did this happen? Is it simply overburden. It was my first karate training since a year. I know I have hardly any good gristle left in that knee due to hitting concrete at high speed as a child, but this is quite some reaction. Would supplementing glucosamine be of help?

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

How's it going? no idea about your question - sorry....
    pump in lots and lots of seafood ..... and C/T....

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

DHA stimulates muscle protein synthesis in older adults for the prevention and treatment of sarcopenia. ow.ly/NnqaX

12. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Ok I think. Thank you. Pain is subduing (when not moving too much). I totally restrained my self taking any pain pills and just suck it up. But the knee retains a lot of fluid still. Packing it with ice 3 times a day for about 20 minutes and keeping it elevated. I eat fish twice a day for some weeks now.

I'm at 200 grams of fresh or canned mackerel and 200 grams canned salmon/or sardines with some occasional fresh raw herrings on the side. I'm trying to find some oysters but this is surprisingly difficult. Maybe I just stick to mussels. They are about to get in season.

Fascinating and I totally concur. Though I'm not doing any strength training or intensive (paleo) exercises, my strength has increased noticeably last 2 months (since starting eating fish deliberately). Especially legs are much stronger. Also my recovery time after long kite surfing session is almost second to none. No muscle aches whatsoever. So I will definitely continue loading up on fish.

However still contemplating if supplementing collageen and glucosamine would help with knee problems? I know knee surgery is probably in my future but I want to pros pone as long as I can. Because karate and kite surfing days will most likely be over then.

13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hi peertje,
    sorry about the knee. My flare ups are usually about stress ,my concentration point seems to be the ankle. Are you drinking enough water and is it good? I am thinking along the tensegrity blog lines . Have you read them ?

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I just got to the bottom of my BPC and I actually meant Organisational structural failure 1 . The tensegrity blogs are a good co read though . Lol was atually a good re read for me too.

15. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Thank you Lahelada

Stress? That is interesting, 2 years ago I had a spontaneous joint inflammation of the right shoulder. I was under enormous stress in that period. Do I have stress now? Well... it is complicated. Could be. Come to think of it I had a lot of spontaneous joint inflammations last 6 years or so. It is always right side. Ankle, knee, hip, elbow, wrist, shoulder. I'm left handed o_O I always thought it was because of over exertion/ exercise.

Drinking water... drinking in general is difficult. It is a bit of task for me, it doesn't come natural. I drink tap and mineral. I'm now at 1,5 liters a day but trying to get in more.

Ok... don't understand this. What is BPC and organisational structural failure 1? At moment working on Tensegrity. Just finished 2.

16. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Lol,sorry I confused you there . BPC = Bulletproof coffee, depreciating remark about myself that the caffeine had not reached the parts other drinks cannot reach and that my focus was off .
    Organisational Structural Failure 1 is a blog of the doc's . I will find you the url in a minute.
    I commented on stress as you see your karate exercise as a physical muscle stress so you think glucosamine. The story usually starts long before then as you just pointed out when you remembered the unexplained shoulder pain. I started my diary notbeing able to carry heavy sling over the shoulder shopping bags . I thought age, wear and tear and here I was told cortisol. I did not get the light water EMF then but just now when ou asked about glucosamine I was thinking maybe I could save you some "learning miles" A direct symptom reliever is almost always a "have a hammer will fix things with a nail approach" When you stand back you see that it is the whole house that needs rebuilding. You are doing a lot already ,kudos but as we are now wont to do and have been trained it would be treating a ymptom rather than the problem .
    My shoulder pain started on the right side, following the pain in the right ankle . I am right handed. Look at the psychological stress but also the environment stress you are under. Quite often the psychological stress " the arguing as to why the neighbour who parks outside your house does not colourcoordinate his car with your garden fence" syndrome for example :) a lot of middle aged people are given to ,is actually a product of environment stress.
    I hope that makes more sense .

17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

18. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Yes I hate it when my neighbour does that:D [​IMG]. Also hate it when he wears red on green underwear day[​IMG];)

Thank you for your insight. I really appreciate it. I read the link you posted (I've to do a re-do, it was quite a large rant). I'm not the type for control issue stress. I've got a good handle on my monkey mind (I think). However I know I build stress in my body pretty quickly. I can feel it immediately in my muscles, which is, considering my strange undiagnosed episode of spasms and cramps for several years, no surprise. Lot of dots connected now. Thank you. I'll plan more time for relaxing, put sunflower/pumpkin seeds back in to my diet (cut it out 2 months ago) and start with bone broth again (lack of time made me drop this or was is stupidity?). Also thinking of cutting back on kite surfing. I tend to stay out too long. An hour at the time is more then enough. The rest of my time can be spend laying down on the beach being lazy or practise reading[​IMG].

Today I bought a new keyboard and mouse. My old board was still from my professional gaming days (ugh). It has blue light in it, belly pletty of course. But not so smart[​IMG]. So switch to standard non light emitting stuff.

caroline likes this.
  19. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Up and running again. Well not running yet, but a lot less fluid in the knee and pain is gone. I iced my entire right leg twice for 30 minutes or so for 2 days. This gave instant pain relief. That was pretty cool :cool: Knee makes terrible audible sound still.

I think something is up though. Lot of muscle stiffness in upper arms, upper legs, jaw and calves. As a precaution not to cramp out again, I started with some extra magnesium today. Also start again with afternoon meditation session of 20 minutes everyday so I can let go of all kinds of sh*t. I know it is stress... but this will end soon. Just have to hang in for one more month. Then this extraordinary stress well be over.

There is good news too. I have had any torturous itch on feet or hands for 1 month straight:p This is a new record.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I would CT like mad and use red light on my knee. The medial space between the patella and tibia is the sweet spot.