1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Guess I'm in

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Peertje80, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

It is not bad Jansz, I believe we have second best health care system of Europe. Only the fact that it is mandatory, leaves not much to choice. And during wintersports season you have to be patient to see an orthopedist:glasses:
    Well at least is nothing too serious, so Ill wait.

And really... of all things ... Andre Rieu? I guess you really like your Waltz's:thumbsup:

I hope your grandchildren do fine in whatever school is available to them:love:

caroline likes this.
  2. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

If you get cold adapted, do you feel warm when everybody is cold? It is now freezing weather here (around 0 degrees), but if I go for a walk I have to take off my jacket because I get too hot and start sweating. In tshirt I just feel fine.

Hilde and Rocky like this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

yep......

Rocky likes this.
  4. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

We had finally had some snow last night... so I went out bare foot and made a dance. This amused (or shocked, couldn't tell) my neighbours a lot, but who cares. It was beautiful.

Waiting on the first UVB, still have to wait 30 days or so. It is a pretty long wait after a while. At least it is really cold weather.

I think I will manage this winter without colds or flu. All my co workers are suffering colds and flu since Oktober, so far I have 1 day with a fever to show for. I feel great. Still can see the traces made by the sun on my skin. It really paid off to be in the sun as much as I did last summer. I'm so grateful for this. Most winters I spend in misery because of flu, colds or some infection.

Strange thing happened... I don't really feel hunger at all. Maybe it is because of the painkillers I'm taking at the moment. I don't really know. But for the first time ever, I'm loosing some weight during winter, instead of gaining the ussual 4 kilogram. :)

Monday... I will get the diagnosis for my shoulder injury. I fear it won't be good news. Since the last time I wrote, it didn't get any better. I have more pain, especially when lowering the shoulder.:tears:

Is there anything quantum I can at to my mix to speed up recovery of tendon injury?

caroline likes this.
  5. You could try biohacking it using red light (660nm, I think). Just remember that overdoing it might cause fibrosis.

6. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Thanks!I have a red light. What would be overdoing it? Would 15 minutes a day be good?

7. Depends on distance etc., I suppose. I do not know enough about it to give sound advice, but 15 minutes a day sounds like a reasonable starting point for your biohack. It it increases your pain and discomfort rather than relieve it, it is probably wise to dial it down or end it altogether.

I think it has been mentioned that the risk of red light therapy causing fibrosis is higher if you do it in the evening, but I might be wrong on that.

8. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I'm so lucky. The orthopidist said "for sure I thought you rupture the supraspinatus". But I'm fine, no ruptures. :) God I'm so relieved. However I'm still in pain, and still can't move my arm.
    There is hardly any space under the acroniom for the muscle to move. Because of the fall the muscle must have gotten irritated. The orthopidist prescribed, now watch this... cooling with ice packs at least twice daily.
    And physical therapy to re-train movement of the shoulder. No over hand sports or weight lifting. If no improvement in 3 months, surgically remodeling of the acroniom is an option. I'm now at even greater risk for a rupture in the future. But at least for now... no hospital and surgery.

It does make me wonder though, how can I shrink this muscle?

Optimalbound and caroline like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

icing would be great....

Peertje80 likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Eventually you will recover.
    For the next decade or two keep in mind
    acromion remodeling
    and specially AC joint.
    You can touch and observe AC joint.
    If it starts growing, have surgical remodeling there before it eats your supraspinatus tendon.

...[​IMG]

Peertje80 likes this.
  11. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

It grows? Well I keep that in mind...

12. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

For my shiatsu study I had to partake in a 4 day seminar. How I felt at home... the Japanese teacher first explained about life and how it is all frequency... then he dropped the bomb in the large group of eager shiatsu students. "Knowing this, how do you feel about WiFi and balancing your health? Is challenge not, for modern humans?" :love:

Already the 2000 year old Nei Djing (The Yellow Emperor on classical chinese medicine) said:

In the old days people worked up till a hundred years old. Is there something wrong with our society? Most people now look old at fifthy. Or do people do things that exhaust their life force? The physician replied: The attitude towards life has changed. They follow their wants and needs and have forgotten about the Laws of Nature.

Optimalbound and Lahelada like this.
  13. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Well I guess I was out... since my shoulder injury my life in relation to health became of track big time.

Since I couldn't go kitesurfing, I wasn't outside as much as I used to be. Drinking lotst of coffee, popping pain killers, not minding my water intake. Being inactive in general. Eating in front of tv… wtf. And I found a new job. The job is better for me stress wise, but working conditions are worse than in my old job. I have no natural lighting, no window with view outside. Sitting under bad lighting with 3 led screens in front of me. O jes, did I mention I work in a hospital now? Dr.K was right... not a good idea. Well at least I'm not sitting under a wifi router anymore. After 1 year of working there, I know I have to move on again.

Last winter I started to gain weight like crazy. My energy was like a roller costar... and I didn't even notice what was going on. In no time I was carb hooked and grazing all day. I had an eye infection in February(which I never have). This should have been the warning sign already. Before summer started I realized I became insulin resistant. I began to suffer from hearing strange sounds, dizzy spells, muscle stiffness and ocular migraines again. Starting August I was retaining fluid around my knees and fingers. The compression on the joints was unbearable. I could barely walk.

My MD ordered blood work and urine: nothing.... healthy as healthy can be. Even had vit D of 80. Which made me quite happy, though worried it is not high enough to get me through winter. She could not offer an explanation for my ordeal. But retaining fluid, she said, is not good. However no solution yet...

So I started Leptin rx in July again. Since then I already lost 5kg. I hope in time my other problems will magically disappear too. I feel I’m way too young to have these kind of problems. But I have seen with my own eyes now… disconnect from nature, enhance with some radiation is a sure ticket to hell.

I thought I could get a way with it for a while, but I cannot.

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Good to see you! Relatively in one piece,too!
    No need to tell you what to do You are too young for those problemsand this was not a one way ticket.
    What are your chances of getting out of that hospital soon ?

Peertje80 likes this.
  15. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Hi how are you?

Well... good, starting my own business, though I will need about 1 year for sure. It will be such a relieve not to be tight to a screen all day. I'm really looking forward to it :)

Actually it is kinda funny, the university hospital I now work for, does relevant research on light and circadian rythm, but has terrible lighting for the employers.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

sounds like you are on the mend....great news.

stay focused .......you know what to do!

Peertje80 likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

what kind of business are you starting? ....if you can say...

18. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Hi Caroline how are you?

Sure, I nearly finished my studies for shiatsu and light/color therapist. So I'm working to have a fulltime practice. I'm very focused :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    caroline likes this.
  19. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

My MD tested my fasting blood glucose, which was of course on par with 5,5. She sent me to a rheumatologist. Still retaining fluid in fingers and knees. Though my knees seem to get a bit better. I don't think he will find something either... I guess I have another psychosomatic complaint to at to my list:confused:

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Blood glucose 5.5mml/l=100mg/dl

Fasting insulin is the indicator.
    Even better indicator is
    Max insulin at 75gram glucose challenge.