1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Grounding the CT-Tub

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Alper, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Alper

Alper New Member

I heard Jack saying something about Grounding the CT-Tub in one of his latest podcasts with a copper wire. My tub is located on a balcony. I´m using a plastic rain barrel. How can I ground it? Just digging one end of a copper wire in the backyard and the other one in the water?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

in plastic? not wise.......but you can run a copper wire from the water to the ground.

brandie likes this.
  3. Alper

Alper New Member

I know that it´s not wise. It´s the best option available for me right now.
    Does the diameter of the wire play any role?

4. JCDC

JCDC New Member

Which part isn't wise, using a plastic tub for CT (personal I have a 100 gallon water trough by RubberMaid), running copper wires into a plastic tub or what?
    Is it because of possible leaching toxins like BPA and the such? I didn't think leaching was an issue with colder temps but heating anything in plastic should be avoided.

5. JDW

JDW New Member

I would also like to know whether i am doing myself more harm than good by CTing in a plastic tub.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

Here is what I used for my tub:
    Grounding Rod (I got over 5' of it into the earth which in Central Texas ain't too bad)
    14 gauge wire I ripped out of some Romex I had sitting around in the garage
    One butt splice
    Lastly some braided copper for in the tub itself

I made absolutely sure:
    that my wire was as short as possible (you don't want it to be an antenna)
    that wire wire didn't run anywhere near any electrical runs/conduit inside the wall (you don't want it to be an inductor)

All that and my ice source at $1.50 per 20lbs plus a couple 2.5gal frozen ice containers in my chest freezer makes the regularly recurring CT expense for my family (3 of us) about $0.50 per head. I suspect maybe it's raise to $1.00 per head in the summer.

That's what I love about Jack. I spend $0.50 per person on my family's health and notice an across the boards health boost for all of us and this is information that Jack puts out there for free.

Lastly, don't forget to get some cheap epsom salt to throw in there too.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2017-4-7_8-54-28.png

.................................................................................

8. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I am just getting started on CT. I am thinking about using a fiberglass tub in my basement. I know the surface of the fiberglass is plastic but it is rigid plastic not flexible. My understanding is that phalates are used to make plastics flexible and that rigid plastics are not as bad. I am sure that there are a lot of people who have fiberglass bathtub Installed their house
    I was thinking of cutting a hole in the bottom of the fiberglass tub and sealing the perimeter of the hole , to the bare concrete surface, with silicone adhesive. In this manner it will provide a ground to the water.

9. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

I have an oval tank made of silicone. Can I ground it?