1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Grounding questions.

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by seanb4, Dec 16, 2013.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hi guys.

I have been reading up on EMFs and grounding and am rather confused.

1. If I ground via a steak in the ground outside leading to a grounding mat on my bed, can dirty electricity jump onto this mat and lead to extra electricity going through me? If so this would be counter productive, yes.

2. Can you test for dirty electricity by using a multimeter? If your meter reads zero volts can there still be dirty electricity present.

3. If using a grounding mat lowers my body voltage is this good regardless or is there hidden dangers that could make it bad?

Thanks in advance!

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yeah, I understand your confusion. I used to sleep on a grounded sheet (to the earth outside) and it did wonders for my back. But after my back improved, I started getting some inflammatory issues that caused me to stop using the sheet. If you want to prevent the sheet acting like an antenna for artificial EMF, you could wrap it around you.
    I still ground myself (ankle strap connected to stake in the ground) when I take ice baths; I've found that it increases my ability to comfortably tolerate the cold.

If my back were to get in the same condition it was a year or two ago, I would start using the grounding sheet at night right away.

3. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

So the problem with grounding/earthing mats is that the larger surface area picks up dirty electricity, were as a grounding strap has a smaller surface area so this doesn't happen?

You say you got inflammatory issues. How do you know this? Did you get tests or was it just symptoms? What symptoms?

4. Tanya

Tanya Gold

seanb4, I am new to this website and not an expert in any of this, but I can share with you my experience with the grounding. Please pardon my English first as it is not my first language. I’ve been using a combination of Magnetico matress, grounding bed sheet, and several grounding pads and straps - all of them connected to the outside of my house to combat my RA. After seeing a discussion here about the possibility of exposing myself to a dirty EMF, I immediately removed the grounding sheet from my bed, but my inflammation and pain increased significantly only after just one week being without it. I put it back again and measured myself with a body voltage meter. The results of that testing left no doubt for me that I definitely benefit a lot from doing the grounding the way I was doing it before. Maybe that is what you need to do yourself - test it and see how you react. Hope this helps.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Tanya, that is great advice, checking with a body voltage meter. Everyone is at a different health level, and everyone's environment is different. Plus in QED nothing can be taken for granted.
    I also removed my sheet when the "antenna issue" first arose, but after just a few days, I replaced the sheet.

Sean, I started getting edema, and that was when I stopped with the grounding sheet. I also stopped using magnets during the day. Fortunately for me, my back had healed nicely, and I didn't miss the sheet at that (later) time. I think the grounding strap for me is good because I only use it for an hour. I also use magnets during CT, but again, only for an hour. I wouldn't remove my Magnetico pad for anything, on the other hand.

I do miss my daytime magnets, however. My tight throat has been creeping back. Need. to. leave. city.

6. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Thanks for the information Tanya and Nonchalant.

Okay to clarify:
    If your body voltage goes down when you ground then it is beneficial compared to no grounding at all?
    If there is dirty electricity then does this show as a rise in body voltage when "grounding" or can there be damaging dirty electricity even though your body voltage drops? Can there be dirty electricity at 0V?

Also I would like to try to get free electrons from magnets but the magnetico pads are way too expensive for me. Any cheap alternatives?

7. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Sean, I’ll give it another try, but I hope that someone who is more knowledgeable will chime in. After I saw my body voltage drop to the ideal number while being grounded, I assumed that there was no dirty electricity issue to worry about at that point. As far as the magnetico pad - it is the best one there is. You can definitely find some cheaper ones, but the question is if you will get as much benefit from them as from magnetico. Magnetico’s price went up a lot since I purchased mine a few years ago... I understand how it might be difficult to be able to afford one right now. I saw a post somewhere on this site mentioning a discount arrangement with Dr. Kruse - I don’t know if it is still active.

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Okay, yeah even with discount it would be too much. I think I read somewhere that putting two magnets under your bed has a similar effect...

9. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Okay so I got my voltmeter today and I measure at roughly 4v in my bed room. When I use my grounding strap, that's connected to earth outside, it drops to 0.6v. So as long as there are no random spikes, does this mean I don't have to worry about dirty electricity and I should use the grounding strap without negative consequences?

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Sean, there are no guarantees where EMF is concerned. Glad you got the meter, it will help you figure out your environment.
    I personally think the grounding strap will help, though you might not notice the difference during sleep. If you use it during CT, you might notice a nice difference right away.

11. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

It's something I've been wondering ... does grounding oneself to reduce body voltage necessarily mean an improvement in the situation? If I understand correctly, once you ground yourself, using the body voltmeter method you're now measuring the difference between something grounded and something grounded, so by definition yes it should be very close to zero if it's sufficient grounding. However, if you had a positive body voltage to begin with, once you ground yourself you now have an electric current, which should be measured differently than with a voltmeter (ampmeter?). Or, perhaps body voltages would measure better in that case across head to toe. Unsure how to go about that for an accurate picture.

Spending more money and focus on eliminating or reducing the sources of the electric fields (or ground them instead of oneself) that are producing significant body voltages in the first place seems like a safer approach.

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Good questions, Joe. I ground myself (other than walking barefoot) only a little in the city now. When I'm in the country, however, I sleep with a grounding sheet every night. And the yard around the house out there is getting very clean of stickers, cactus, etc. Nice to be able to walk confidently!

I think everyone would have to try grounding out to see if it helped them or not. If you have some serious issues, like I had with my back, I personally think I would definitely try it.

13. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Okay so how do I know if it is beneficial or not? If lowering voltage is no guarantee then what test can you do to be sure?

14. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Sean, this is how I understand this as well. Frankly, the voltmeter basically confirmed what I already discovered prior to testing with it - not being grounded for a week was making it worse for me. That alone was enough for me.

15. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Joe, that is a very good advice and I try to do as much as I can, but obviously you can only do so much if there things that you can not control yourself. That is when the grounding sheet and pads come into play for me.

16. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

It is good advise to limit as much as you can but like Tanya says, you can only control so much. I just want to know that I'm not making my situation worse by grounding myself...

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Sean I have the same issue with my grounding rod. Not sure if it is good or not! After my latest AM radio measurements I am even more unsure.... But I know how to get the answer. We need to make a study, and that is; Buy some flowers, put half of them in a glass and the other half in another glass. Same glass same water. Put them close to another on the same place/in same room (but not touching) and put your grounding rod in one of the glasses with flowers. Then wait and see which one will last longer! If the grounding rod flower glass will last longer we know it will be a good thing :)

I have wanted to do this many times already but every time I bought flowers they went to something else! 1st time it was fathers day... and the yellow roses I have bought for my experiment just looked so pretty on the fathers day table so I just had to give them away! Next time I bought some red roses and they looked too pretty to just keep in the bedroom for an experiment so there it went again.... I need to get more disciplined!!! I am just too addicted to beauty in my life :rolleyes:

18. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

That would be very interesting to do but there would be other variables that would affect it like the quality of the seed, and other stuff...

19. Inger

Inger Silver

No other stuff Sean! Buy flowers! Like roses or other flowers, I bought 10 pieces for 3 €, they have those great offers once in a while. You could do 10 and 10. The roses all look the same, full grown, no seeds! You must take care the roses are close and same light, temp and same room. Easy! :)

20. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Go for it!!!