1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Grounding question

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by opelecky@yahoo.com, Apr 10, 2013.

1. opelecky@yahoo.com

opelecky@yahoo.com New Member

Hi there,

Before I waste any time during the next webinar I was wondering if I got it right: you should only ground w/a dedicated wire that is dropped outside of your window and connected to a copper cord that in the ground. That said, you still may not get any good use out of it because the wire itself might be picking up some EMF and delivering them to you. So, do we have a solid solution or not? Can the wire be shielded? Thanks, Olga

2. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Is there absolutely no benefit from getting grounded through the wall (I have a earthing mat and the "tester" it came with says my wall unit is "grounded")?

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

If you are talking about being in a location of high EMF, I would say any grounding is good grounding. Using a body voltage meter, you can see that your body voltage can get quite high near some items like a microwave, computer, cell phone, fluorescent light, dimmer switch, etc. And if you were to to touch your grounding pad, plugged into a grounded outlet, you will see that your body voltage drops to zero. That would be a very good thing, imo. It would get your body out of the EMF storm around you. I am not saying that it would be perfect, however. And I don't think a pure ground to earth in that situation would be perfect either. Shielding plus grounding would be better. Or just getting away from it all.

If you are talking about being in a room with little EMF, and plugging in that grounding pad into a wall outlet and putting your feet on, or laying down on that pad, that is where I would agree that the grounding would be unbeneficial, or even counter productive.

4. endless

endless New Member

I believe Michael mentioned in the webinar that lowering EMF should be done before grounding, maybe that is what reduces your chances of picking up stray current or dirty electricity? Either way the body voltage is probably the way to figure it out.

5. Martin

Martin Gold

I agree.

Test.

I'm getting my body voltage meter this week and the first thing I'm going to check is how my grounding sheet was working when I had the ground rod driven in the soil near an underground power feed to the barn. We stopped using the sheet a while back and get more data on them.

Test. When you know better...

6. Ruthie

Ruthie Silver

I will be interested to see the results of those who are testing their grounding sheets with body voltage meters. Michael got me concerned enough to stop using our grounding sheet, and I'm not totally clear on how to exactly figure out the cost/benefit of it in my own environment.

7. agatha

agatha New Member

I have been using a grounding mat and sheet plugged into the plug socket for about a week now so it's early days. I have been testing each day with a body voltage meter and each time i test my body voltage reduces from between 2 to 6 volts ungrounded to 0.2v or less with the grounding equipment (depending on how damp my skin is). I live in a leafy suburban location in the UK so not too bad for EMF. Shocking to find my bed was the worst location in the house! Since starting grounding my sleep has been lovely and a large hard corn on my foot (had it for months) has reduced in size and softened - it will be interesting to see whether it disappears.

8. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

What body voltage meter do you use... can someone link?

9. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

10. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

Yes, as someone else has said, you don't want to try to ground in hi EMF environments ... you want to reduce the EMF. And yes, for grounding equipment, you test by using the body voltage meter, and as I understand it, you want the meter to show "0" to confirm that you are truly grounded.

Explained above. :)