1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Greetings from Singapore

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Joseph Thia, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Joseph Thia

Joseph Thia Aspiring Mitochondriac

Hi! I am Joseph from Singapore. I was wondering how many of you are currently living in Singapore? Would love to learn about how you implement the various protocols in Singapore!

I am currently on low carb high protein diet (slowly moving towards ketogenic diet) and I have been eating more baked salmon and lightly boiled oysters (the raw oysters that I found were a bit pricey) since I started reading this forum. I have been biohacking my workspace (using the TriField Meter) to reduce my nnEMF exposure and I am waiting eagerly for the Cool Fat Burner to be shipped to me for CT.

That's all for now!

Nueng KetoDaddy and fitness@home like this.
  2. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Well, I lived mostly in Singapore for 17 years (1991 to 2008), so I guess that counts for something ;)

It's tough to do this stuff in Singapore. Lots of people, hence lots of non-native EMF, lots of bright lights at night. If you're not living up in a highrise Condo or HDB flat, that is even worse because of the elevation, and lots of people simultaneously using WiFi.

High-DHA seafood in Singapore is expensive as hell :confused:. Only thing you can do for seafood is take advantage of whatever international shipping discounts the big supermarkets get. We used to snap up lots of Norwegian Salmon at Giant whenever there was a sale. Any big Sheng Shiong branch used to be pretty good with getting fresh shellfish back in the day, not sure what's the case now since I haven't been back in more than 2 years.

If you're stuck having to eat out, I honestly can't think of anything that is very healthy. Probably the only option is something like Sushi. But TBH, I don't know how big a factor diet is when you're living in a crazy urban jungle like Singapore. Food is still going to be a stressor of course. As much as I like my bakchang, it will definitely stress out the system in a blue-light ridden place like Singapore. Same goes for basically anything else (even something like Orh Jian takes oysters and makes it a fried gluten-full mess o_O).

Location in Singapore is going to be the most important factor, and if you've been reading this forum, then you know you want to be as far from population centres as possible, with good access to the beach if possible. Back when I was a kid, I spent a lot of time in the Hillview / Bukit Batok area, which at least still had a lot of forests (and a haunted mansion, and a SAF training ground nearby :eek:), but all of that is developed into private Condos now. West Coast used to be good, but today's it's all built-up too. If I had to make a choice of living somewhere in Singapore today, maybe a house in Pasir Ris next to the seaside.

Focus on the places that you spend most of your time in, and try to fix those in terms of excess nn-EMF. Other people who work in office settings will probably help you more in that regard (I'm clueless since I work from home).

The usual recommendations apply -- lots of sun (easy in Singapore, even in Nov-Dec), lots of grounding, don't be a typical Singaporean who can't fall asleep until 12am, etc ...

Oh, and the Conrad Hotel buffet is awesome :p. 6 kinds of raw oysters and sashimi to the max!!!!

Nueng KetoDaddy likes this.
  3. Joseph Thia

Thanks Yew Wei! At the moment, I am trying to find out (using the TriField meter) where and when I am exposed to large amount of nnEMF (e.g. in certain MRT tunnels) during my daily routine. Will check out the Conrad Hotel buffet!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome.

5. Daina

Daina New Member

Welcome to the forum!

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome, Joseph!

7. kovita

kovita Silver

Hi Joseph, I lived in Singapore between 2010-2012. Honestly, it just was not a place for me ;-) Yew already said a lot of improtant info. If you would be interested I have a friend living there at this moment who follows Jack Kruse Rx and albeit he is not active on this forum he may be too ineterested in locating a soulmate. You can message me and I can put you two in contact....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  8. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Hi Joseph.

Maybe you can try to live underground in singapore? Maybe underground habitats allow you to live in a city and be ok.. it would be an interesting test for sure.

9. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Welcome Joseph! Glad you are here :)

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome Joseph! Please start a journal in the journal section and give Dr. K. some health history ....your Mom and grandma and siblings....

Do you have Dr. K's book? The Epi-Paleo RX .....it is the first couple of years of the blog.

11. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

I am very biased after 17 years of living there. I would not ever go back if I had the choice o_O

Even the official lines says that 11.3% of adults between 18 and 69 are Diabetic :eek: -- https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/statistics/Health_Facts_Singapore/Disease_Burden.html

I know many people from that place, and know that those numbers are too low.

The EMF from the (still growing) subway system will still get you ;). I hate urban areas ......

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

agree.........that city is one of the worst.

13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Welcome Joseph Thia!
    Doc,have you ever measured Buenos Aires by any chance?

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nope

Lahelada likes this.
  15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Thanks ! I wondered the other day as I am teaching in an office block,luckily only for a hour. We went to an office I had never been in with panoramic view from the 15th floor. Sigh,stomach turning. Some high rises have 4 or 6 antennas on the roof ,

16. b612

b612 New Member

Which are the worst cities to live? Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong must be on the top of the list...

17. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Heh, any big city is bad o_O -- what's the difference between fucked and really fucked ;):eek::confused:. Top of the list would probably be some of the mega-cities in China. Lots of EMF, blue light 24/7, lots of industrial pollution, and no natural settings to get away from the chaos.

Was just in Tokyo last December. Definitely a nn-EMF nightmare, but at least I could easily get DHA wherever I went. Also happens to be seismically active like crazy, closer to magma flows, and thus experiences a stronger magnetic field from the earth. Not going to save those people from impending nn-EMF doom though.

18. Joseph Thia

@caroline Thanks! Working on my journal now. I've bought Epi-Paleo RX, The Fourth Phase of Water and Going Somewhere. Trying to understand as much as I can.

@kovita I have sent you a message with my contact details. Would also be keen to learn about where your friend gets his labs done in Singapore.

caroline likes this.
  19. paskovanaryba

paskovanaryba Silver

hi Joseph - I'm @kovita's friend living now and for the past 6 years Singapore. She passed me your contact details separately. Let's connect. I'm also a new member on this forum. It's just that I read much more than I post.

But it sounds like we are interested in the same thing which is a location appropriate application of Jack's protocol.

For the moment I'm trying to figure out what has happenned to Singapore seasons which is not straightforward in a place where is constantly hot and humid.

Also, being just one degree north of the equator makes me instinctively feel that starting with CT does not fit this environment well.

So I'm focusing on the other parts of the equation. Sunlight is definitely a big part of it. Then grounding and nnEMF. It must be possible to biohack and thrive here too. Just look at some of the huge over hundred year old trees in the botanical gardens! One look is enough to understand that they are thriving. Those are big source of inspiration for my thinking.

Nueng KetoDaddy, Joseph Thia and b612 like this.
  20. paskovanaryba

paskovanaryba Silver