1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Greetings from Playa del Carmen

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by quantumaroo, May 1, 2021.

1. quantumaroo

quantumaroo New Member

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking this forum for a few years now, and since I actually decided to move to Playa del Carmen based on what I read here (more on that in a little bit) I thought it's time to actually make an account and connect with the kruse tribe :)

A little about me
    :

- 25 yo and from UK

- suffered with fatigue / brain fog for over a decade. Also I have poor long term memory

- tried many of the usual things people try before they discover Jack- keto, nootropics, paying extortionate amounts for coffee from Dave Asprey and mixing it with the obligatory butter / mct

- after moving out of my parents place 4 years ago, and then coming back a couple years later, I noticed my fatigue worsened. I learned there had been a flood in the water pipe next to my bedroom while at university. After subsequently spending the worst month of my life in an apartment with visible black mold all over the pipes and suffering massive joint pain, fatigue and difficulty breathing I realized I do have mold sensitivity

- 5g of creatine per day turned out to be the most powerful hack Ive discovered (so far), since creatine improves mito function, this gave me reason to believe my mitochondria are out of whack

- discovered jacks work a couple years ago and have been extremely interested since. Admittedly, I dont understand as much as I should about the quantum biology (maybe a consequence of low dopamine). Nonetheless, what Jack preaches has always struck me as being fundamental and something I will have to one day put to the test on my n=1

- many things Ive tried over the years have helped, but I never felt optimal. And my cognition has always been sub par.

My current situation

Given the UK still being under lockdown and trying to coerce its entire population to take an experimental gene therapy, I decided its time to make the move to Playa del Carmen and see what this is all about.

After arriving in my air bnb in Colosio in early april, I was greeted with the dreaded 'musty' smell of mold. My first day I felt awful- a combination of jet lag from my 33 hour flight and the slight moldiness in the flat.

In early afternoon on my first day,. I headed out to Oxxo to get some water. When I got home with my 20l jug of Cristal and took a swig, my brain felt lile it came back online. I guess all the sweating and having dysfunctional mitochondria that dont produce much water was effecting me

For the rest of April, as I saw each sunrise and got my 2 hours of midday sun with a healthy dose of ocean CT, I felt better and better. My memory improved, i had great dopamine, I felt more social and extroverted and my overall cognition became more enhance.

I discovered my new favorite dish: ceviche. It gives a mental clarity boost lile little else.

Things were really looking up, until..

I moved into a new flat closer to centro

To be honest, Im feeling dreadful here- and Im sure its the mold. Nothing else makes me feel this way.

Im unable to sleep and my brain function is terrible here

I guess there is more mold here than the last air bnb (or a more toxic strain)

I am planning to ventilate the flat with open windows and fans tomorrow to see if it helps

Im hoping that as my redox improves, my mold sensitivity lessens. We'll see.

Ive signed a 6 month lease on this flat which is the worst part about this.

I really just wanted to get this off my chest, thanks for reading of you got this far :) Any advice greatly appreciated

But, Im gonna try and stay positive and find a solution to this.

Great to meet everyone- looking forward to joining the discussion!

Christine Renner likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome.

quantumaroo likes this.
  3. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member