1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Greetings from north Canada

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Bob Stirling, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

I have lived in northwest Canada, 61.3 N, for 40 years. I am sixty-seven, 5-11” and 147 lb. and self employed. My health had been good until 2014 when I survived an unexpected heart attack and had a stent put in my left descending artery. During the procedure they found another artery that had been calcified for a long time, it was not treated since veining had developed to bypass the blockage. I took medication for over a year and stopped when I was stable. I am medication free and taking one supplement, Vitamin D 2000 IU per day. I feel the heart attack was related to stress and inflammation. My treatment has been to soak in the tub with epsom or magnesium salts 2 – 5 times a week. I have lost 45 lb. The gov. medical program is not interested much unless I am on medication. From ultrasound, the pumping capacity of my heart is 35 percent. Blood pressure is 123/75 and resting heart rate 62. I breathe through my nose and stomach area, tending to relaxed and deeper breaths.

I was vegetarian for 15 years and began the ketogenic style in 2017. I worked with many native people and some have been concerned that I was not eating meat. I did not connect with this fully at the time... I am moving to mostly animal foods with protein. With the carb diet I was very poorly grounded and it was somewhat of a hell to experience. The heart attack seemed to further the disconnection.

I have none or a very subtle sense of smell or taste. I know if things are sweet or salty but mostly it is all the same. I am very often aware of a high pitched and low pitched sound occurring at the same time. Is this tinnitus? High pitched is on the left side of my head, low pitched on the right. I am aware that my dental health worsened when vegetarian, I lost many teeth due to weakness and breakage, and root canals. This is better now with a new dentist and the diet change I hope will help. Possibly some depression was linked to high carb, I’m not sure, but it occurred at the time.

I was not aware of the role of light and seasons until this December when I watched a Dr. Kruse video. My previous perspective has been collapsing… In the north it seems that the effects of seasons and light may be mixed and transitional, cold is a given.

We experience extreme changes in seasons, temperature and light. Today Dec. 31, sunrise is at 1010 and sunset at 355 pm, 5.75 hours of daylight. On June 21, sunrise is 430 am and sunset 1130 pm, 19 hours of daylight. Low temps of -55C with wind chill to highs of plus 25C. The thaw season is about 100 days and it can snow in any month. For food, only animals, birds (grouse and ducks) and fish are native. Berries can be abundant, or not, in August and Sept. Vegetation of all sorts flourishes in the sparsely populated river valleys. Most of the land is not accessible or habitable for any length of time.

I have worked outside in summer and winter for about half of the last 20 years. I was on a carb diet when working in the sub-arctic prior to the heart attack. I was fast on flat ground but hill climbing was sub par, no endurance there. In hindsight I see this related to the artery blockages and reduced pumping capacity.

I work outside in the summer months and enjoy this. Over the last few years I changed our lighting to LED and will now change to non-blue. As a start I have the Iris app on my laptop and notice a difference right off the bat. It allows the eyes to relax. Some existing lights I have reduced to 2700K and removed a wireless hub for 2 other bulbs. The non-blue lights will need to be ordered. I have a shop with 32, 8 foot fluorescent tubes and am not sure what to do there. I have ordered DNA testing kits. I live in a wooded area on the edge of town with few people and is near water.

Driving at night can be challenging with the bright LED headlights. It can be difficult to see the road. Street lights are annoying, I see the main light and a star burst pattern surrounding it. My vision is up and down, sometimes focussed and sometimes blurry. The more I am away from EMFs the better it is. Previously in winter months I did a lot of computer tech work but almost none now.

This is a very unexpected shift in perceptions... and I truly appreciate the work of Dr. Kruse and the group, thank you. I am looking forward to sharing my observations and changes and where it may go, thank you.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Bob and welcome. Please start a journal in the optimal journal section. They are great to keep track of things.....