1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Greetings from Australia

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by JPB, Dec 30, 2018.

1. JPB

JPB New Member

Hi all,

I've been a silent observer of this forum for a while, I thought i'd post and share my story now since I've applied some of the things Jack Kruse recommends and have gotten some good results.

Ever since my mid teens I've suffered from depression, anxiety and mood swings. I most definitely have inherited these issues from my parents. My mum is an obsessive, anxious, highly strung, angry, high acheiving type. And my Dad was a horrendous Alcoholic, he had a couple of strokes from his drinking and chain smoking, and is now in a nursing home at a relatively young age. I was put on a host of anti-depressant medication, and have seen a few psychologists. Non of which
    helped very much.
    After a severe breakdown at 22 while working/studying I moved homed and decided to look for alternative treatments for my health problems. At this point they went beyond depression/anxiety, I was now experiencing extreme fatigue, frequent infections, weakness of my limbs, I had also become very suicidal.
    I saw a Dr who diagnosed me with Pyrrole Disorder. The treatment consists of taking large doses of B6 and Zinc, along with a few antioxidants. The treatment worked miraculously well and within a few months I was in the best health of my life. My depression, anxiety, and suicidality completely resolved. I went back to working and studying.
    Then about three years ago I started to lose my hair, a Dr prescribed propecia, and this is where the fun really began.
    I took it and within three days I started experiencing extreme anhedonia and sexual dysfunction. I stopped the drug, but the damage had been done, and i now have the imfamous Post Finasteride Syndrome. Since that time I've been put on the disability pension and havehave in and out of psychiatric hospitals.

For the last three years I've been trying to figure out what is wrong in Post Finasteride Syndrome, and I'm pretty sure I know what is wrong, as well as quite a few guys in the Post Finasteride community. However knowing what is wrong, and knowing how to fix it are two very different things. So that's my story in a nutshell!

Cold I have found to be very helpful. As well as grounding, early morning and late evening light (although too much UV light can make me quite worse). l religiously watch the sunrise and set every day. Anyway look forward to meeting you all, and learning more about this approach to illness!

Kind regards,

Josh

kubaw, Karen & Glen C. and Cheryl. like this.
  2. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

Welcome, sounds like you are on the right path, congrats.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Josh and welcome .....and Happy new Year!

Please start a journal in the optimal journal section and give Dr. K. more health history and your Mom's and Gran's too.

Have you had a 23&me test done?

where do you live? work?

Have you watched all Jack's podcasts? do you have his book? It is the first few years of his blog and easier to get thru.

What are you eating? what water do you drink? seafood?

Cheryl. and JPB like this.
  4. JPB

JPB New Member

Thanks Cheryl

Cheryl. likes this.
  5. JPB

JPB New Member

Hi Caroline, happy New Year to you aswell! I've listened to a few of his podcasts and read a few blogs, I have not yet read his book. I live in Dulwich Hill of Sydney, at the moment I'm not working, I'm on the Disability Pension. I eat pretty well, although I've eaten things I shouldn't of over Christmas. I do eat seafood, I love Japanese food, Sashimi especially. I especially like Salmon, prawns, oysters, I'll have a tin of sardines every once in awhile for breakfast. Water, mostly San Pellegrino, San Giorgio, Icelandic, and another brand I can't recall at the moment.
    I haven't had 23andme, but I have had gene testing. I'm compound heterozygous for mthr, homozygous for mtrr, compound homozygous for VDR. It's on my to-do list 23andme gene testing. Will write in the optimal journal section for sure.

caroline and Cheryl. like this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you tried the San Benedetto water from Aldi? It is very reasonable.

JPB likes this.
  7. JPB

JPB New Member

No can't say that I have, do they come in plastic or glass?

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

dark blue plastic

9. JPB

JPB New Member

Thanks Caroline I will take a look. There's an aldi not too far from where I live

10. JPB

JPB New Member

Hey Caroline is the plastic not of a concern?

Amber Ament likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

I suppose it is ......but We just do what we can.

Amber Ament likes this.
  12. Mitchell97

Mitchell97 New Member

Welcome Josh :) glad to see another fellow aussie here.

13. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Welcome!! Damm finasteride... Too many of us suffering that shit, the drug should me out of the market ASAP, at least for cosmetic reasons. Yeah I also feel JK´s protocols are great, it just seems to me that we must implement them for much longer than other people to get back to homeostasis. Patience and consistency seem key, many times I get discouraged for not seen the changes I seek... But at the same time feel total recovery is very near and something super achievable, so keep it up!!

I also feel CT and grounding are great. In grounding for example, I´ve done it sporadically in the park or beach for 1-2 hours at a time, and it kind of feels good. But more recently I´ve done it for, lets say 4-5 hours in the garden of my village, and 2 out of those 3 days I´ve experienced some subtle but noticeable sensations. Like some tingling sensations in the body and more specifically in the penis, anus ang genital area in general... like if things were getting back to life hehe. Was it the flow of electrons or just my mind playing playing tricks? Whatever, I´ll keep doing it. I just feel we need a looot of these things to get to homeostasis, but once things get back to normal, it will be far easier to stay there. I´ll be experiencing with this next weeks/months.

Anyways, this is just my intuition. I know, from your posts in my journal that you are into something regarding the mechanisms of PFS. I´ve just focused on the practical side and have almost no idea about the mechanics involved, but I will in the next months... I´ll ask you for direction for sure, maybe by getting to know the underlying issues we are able to get a more specific recovery protocol, who knows... Until then, I´ll focus on sun, CT, grounding, nature, low nnEMF´s, outdoor exercise, etc. All that makes me feel quite good.

Take care ;)

JPB and caroline like this.
  14. JPB

JPB New Member

Hey Mitchell, where abouts in Aus are you?

15. Mitchell97

Mitchell97 New Member

Hey I'm located in the suburbs of Sydney :)

16. Karen & Glen C.

Karen & Glen C. New Member

Couple more Aussies here ;-) out West..2800 getting the word out..!

17. JPB

JPB New Member

Ok cool, im in the inner west.

18. JPB

JPB New Member

Hi! You're out in the western suburbs of Sydney?

Karen & Glen C. likes this.
  19. Karen & Glen C.

Karen & Glen C. New Member

Gday mate.
    A little further West, orange bathurst
    region ;-)

20. Mitchell97

Mitchell97 New Member

south west here.

JPB likes this.