1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Greeting from Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Gregory H Hoeper, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Gregory H Hoeper

Gregory H Hoeper New Member

Good morning all. My name is Gregory H. Hoeper, and I am a chiropractor from the Northern Pittsburgh area. I am new to practice (just over 8 months), and have been running a functional medicine practice since the day I was licensed and graduated (in 2017). I have had great results with a majority of people (especially in pediatric cases), but it feels as though I am missing something. I use supplements, dietary and lifestyle recommendations, as well as some adjunctive therapies like LLLT, percussive instruments, as well as manual manipulation.

I have been recommending to almost all of my patients a paleolithic ketogenic diet (but didn't emphasize the seafood, which now I do), with compliance taken into account. Some people who come have not gotten to the point where they are ready to give up some foods in the winter (like carbs) and take it to the next level. I have a patient who lives in her house with no sunlight because it makes her sick, and leaves her kids in the evening to sleep in a tent due to surrounding wifi signals away from her children, so that was my first blatant emf sickness (come to find out everything is related to EMFs, magnetism, light, etc). This sn't how I ended up here though.

Anyway, I'm always reading all of the time. Forums, papers, etc trying to get to the bottom of all the issues different people are having, and it has taken me all over the map, so I will tell you how I ended up here.

1) I was visiting my sister (a chiropractor on the other side of Pennsylvania) and she came in at night and looks like she was left in the freezer. Said she drove home with the windows open the whole time for cold exposure. I have done cold exposure, but was introduces by Wim Hoff, so in the shower mostly but occasionally outside. Then she mentioned Jack Kruse and I said "whoever the hell that guy is." Exposure 1.

2) I like to learn about fitness etc., and used to follow someone called Naudi Aguilar. Now when he first started out putting up his original videos (i cam e across him in 2014), they were really great. But over time, he became very toxic, and we actually got in an argument over how the diaphragm works on facebook, and eventually it devolved into some PMs of him being wildly belligerent, aggressive, all those things (I even saved the PMs because he said I was being racist due to Trump winning ?) Anyway, so sometimes I come across his social media videos for a good laugh. One day, I went on and saw a post where he was absolutely disrespecting Dr. Kruse with name-calling and provocative statements (like a teenager). So I checked his last 5 posts on social media, and it was all about Dr. Kruse. But I asked myself a question: "Who the hell is Dr. Jack Kruse, and how did he get this guy so triggered?" Clicked Jack Kruse, say he was a neurosurgeon, say some posts, quantum biology, and said "Another EMFs are bad guy. I know that." Exposure 2.

3) So one day I am browsing "optimising nutrition" facebook group, where people argure about whether 25/50/25 or 23/70/7 or 20/80/0 is the best macronutrient ratio vs. nutrient density vs. some other arbitrary variable is most important in dealing with metabolic/gut dysbiosis/obesity/autoimmune whatever, and people are really getting heated over this. Never seen so many people battle to be the "I'm right" club president ever. And about 20 posts down, I see this comment by Dr. Jack Kruse that says "Obesity begins in the eye, I laid it all out right here in my nourishing vermont 2017 talk." And after that, there was no comments. The group admin asked "what bulbs did you use?" Jack replied, and he said thanks. That was it. The debate over carbohydrates, microflora, insulin, fiber, and protein raged on. And all these red flags went off in my head. I said to myself "Wait a minute, this random ass guy (who I have now heard of on 2 other occasions) pops in and says something radically different than everything all of you are saying, and you just completely ignore it? Wouldn't you at least watch he video, poke holes in everything he says, and continue on?" So I watch the video, and had a panic attack because I realized that everything in my life and practice was going to change. Again." Exposure 3.

So now I am starting to educate my patients on how to reduce EMF exposure, train circadian rhythm, grounding, killing the circuit breaker at night, shutting down wifi, toxic bluelight, and other implementations that I have gathered thus far. I started looking at all of my old patients labs and looked at the values a bit differently, as well as ordering different labs. And again, everything in my life changed. So thanks Dr. Jack Kruse and community for the welcome!

Gina R, Phosphene, Lahelada and 2 others like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Welcome.

An excellent article on nutrition and metabolic fats (their) for the treatment of diabetes, obesity and epilepsy in the journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). The Natural Fat-marine based diet described in this article is a source of reduced deuterium metabolism in our cells (matrix), which flows in the matrix of mitochondria while using oxygen. This is also the key to health control, solving many global metabolism and cancer types as our matrix ages!

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2669724

Brent Patrick likes this.
  3. If you haven't signed up for the platinum membership, it will be worth your while. I started out reading the blog posts, but am finding the webinars more convenient (i.e. listening to them all the time) and for whatever reason, hearing Jack explain it out loud sticks better than the blog posts do.

My two cents if you're looking to bring this information into your practice ASAP. Which is what I am doing.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We have a section for health care professionals too that goes a bit deeper and offers clinical pearls to clinicians to consider.

5. Gregory H Hoeper

Gregory H Hoeper New Member

I have a platinum membership but don't have access to the practitioner section. Thanks, will look over the URL Jack.

I already employ this type of diet in most patients, but am now changing the hierarchy to seafood. Unless they are created I will be creating "food pyramid handouts/quicktip handouts" for patient education.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

food pyramid affect deuterium levels and also fatty acids levels.
    I like to look at this set when thinking what to eat:
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

In discussions of deuterium
    Tetracosanoic Acid, C24:0 (Lignoceric acid)
    plays special role
    but there is so many others.

Octanoic Acid, C8:0
    Decenoic Acid, C10:1
    Decanoic Acid, C10:0 (capric acid)
    Lauric Acid, C12:0
    Lauroleic Acid, C12:1
    Tetradecadienoic Acid, C14:2
    Myristoleic Acid, C14:1
    Myristic Acid, C14:0
    Hexadecadienoic Acid, C16:2
    Hexadecenoic Acid, C16:1w9