1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Green Tea shortening telomeres?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by PaleoMom, Apr 12, 2012.

1. PaleoMom

PaleoMom New Member

What is your opinion on this study (brought to attention by Anna K. on CT forum)? I seems to be saying that green tea can halt cancer but only by the same means it is stopping telomeres from lengthening....

I drink an awful lot of green and white tea thinking it is doing me good....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9712707

2. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

I wouldn't worry about it. I looked up other studies on green tea and telomeres and there seems to be a lot of evidence that it preserves and lengthens telomeres in healthy cells, so I'm guessing that it has a selective action on cancerous cells, just like it induces selective apoptosis (cell death) in cancer cells but not healthy cells.

3. Cron23

Cron23 New Member

Interesting, I drink a lot of green tea with lemon. But hazyjane makes a good point. I will definitely research it.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Dont buy it..