1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Great news out today from my profession on LIGHT

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It's too easy to excuse yourself because of your mitochondrial ancestry when your modern lighting choices are the real culprit in this illness mess.
    Evolution is a hard, inescapable mistress of energy flows tied to light. The problem with her is she just has no room for compassion or good sportsmanship in her games. Energy flows from light drive adaptation to the environment and one has to win the energy game to leave an offspring. This makes energy and the light we allow become the controlling arm behind evolutionary trajectory. Because Mother Nature uses energy she creates some unusual circumstances for scientists. This explains why they remain befuddled to explain modern chronic disease epidemics. Evolution triumphs and fails at the same time because as she leans too much upon natural selection, the plodding accumulation of error begins to fills up our nuclear genome, simultaneously while energy flows slow from our mitochondrial respiratory proteins. As the energy flows slow and light changes, adaptation becomes a future illness when you don’t understand the environmental context that drove energy flows lower within mitochondria. It appears now my profession got Ruben and my message loud and clear. Hot off the presses from Chicago: http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/news/news/2016/2016-06-14-community-guidance-street-lighting.page?

Lahelada and lohd2015 like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Great news for humans who use GE lighting products. As most of you know my co-inventor of The Quantlet Is a former GE executive and now a CEO of his own light company in Europe, Ruben Salinas. He just informed me that a physician's report that was in "white paper" format in 2012- 2014 was just accepted by both GE and the AMA at the annual meeting in Chicago. The two researchers who helped on this were from Thomas Jefferson University in Philly and UCONN. Their names are George Brainard and Richard Stevens. The white paper was penned by Ruben Salinas friend, Dr. Mario Motta, a cardiologist. GE has now committed to making lights that conform to the best science has to offer according to chronobiology. Ruben and I have been waiting for this day and we are quite proud to see GE change their corporate policy of over 100 years. The paper was private but now we can release it and let the public know what has been going on behind the scenes for the last few years.

http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/align/images/GE-Lighting-And-Sleep-Whitepaper.pdf

JanSz and kyrakitty like this.
  3. Penny

Penny New Member

Amazing... just when you think the entire world has gone insane...

Dr. K, I'm OMing my arse off and deep breathing and my sleep has been amazing lately - thank-you!

lohd2015 likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Remember, that melatonin controls mitochondrial DNA and the 13 genes that code for the respiratory proteins. This is why blue light causes insulin resistance, glucose intolerance, and most of the chronic disease doctors treat due to circadian dys-synchrony.

Lahelada, lohd2015 and Penny like this.
  5. Penny

Penny New Member

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Great news, but I am also glad that you had a return on your personal effort investment.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    caroline likes this.
  7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

caroline and Lahelada like this.
  8. Penny

Penny New Member

So melatonin acts as a major antioxidant system for the respiratory chain - but it seems to me for something like GERD or diabetes, eating when your body is shutting down for sleep (like late at night) would do it even if you slept great... plus, in the teeth in disease blog, you alluded to the pancreas taking its cue from some part in the mouth when food was ingested?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3100547/

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Right. Because we are all aiming for the growth hormone surge at night, we have to have leptin enter the brain's leptin receptor first. For that to happen, we need melatonin to be high (4 hours of darkness) and also insulin to be low. The gut needs to be still and quiet. So eating just before bed would delay the entire process. In addition, all the growth hormone repair is limited in time, because several hours before dawn cortisol starts to rise, which shuts down the process. So the later you eat, (food or light) the more you might be reducing/eliminating the repair time.

However, melatonin itself repairs the mitochondria, so even if you don't sleep well, being in unrelieved darkness should be of some benefit. It's just that your heart/stomach/brain/etc will start wearing out without growth hormone.

Penny, Kelly A and shah78 like this.