1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Got more labs in; need interpreters!

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by MamaGrok, Jan 9, 2013.

1. CR=Circadian Rhythm
    NDT=Natural Dessicated Thyroid

Look into Paul Robinson and his circadian method for helping the adrenals when you have a thyroid problem. His website is http://recoveringwitht3.com/.

2. maggie

maggie New Member

Thanks, Patty Cakes, I will do that! (And apologies for inserting my concerns into Mama Grok's thread)

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I've seen where some people did better with TG than pill-form NDT and others do worse. My own experience had me guessing TG was around 1.5 grains, so 2.6 doesn't surprise me much.

I would love to hear exactly how your CPT3 went. How much you started with, how much you ended up with, what you used, what your "clear signs" of improvement were, how long it took at each level, how early before wakeup you went with the dosing, total before/after comparison ... if you already have it written up, just point me the way!

I have felt like death in the morning for as long as I can remember. I still don't feel great - and it may be as simple as needing more sleep, but I already get 9 solid hours a night and can't afford to get anymore! - but I feel MUCH more awake and alive.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

One thing I've noticed is beyond your daily seafood consumption - you don't talk about supplementation w/ zinc, selenium and iodine. I know Jack says that you can't out supplement a bad diet, and that you're not a fan of external supplements.

you might consider looking at Grizz's Iodine post... there's some good stuff there. It was after the Epi-paleo Rx came out that I went back in and re-read that thread - and decided to supplement with Lugols 2% solution, and eventually worked my way up to 5%. I did this as an n=1. supplementing with the lugols -definitely helped my Thyroid.

http://www.jackkruse.com/forum-2/new-monster-thread/iodine-thread/

5. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I take 200 Se daily, and eat a boatload of seafood for iodine. I've considered taking iodine, but feel I need a practitioner to work with me on that one, b/c of the possible Hashimoto's. I've supp'd with zinc in the past, but understand that if you're deficient, it tastes great to you, and ... not so much, lol. Not sure what other parameters to look at with Zn, b/c I don't want to overdo a nutrient, nor be deficient.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

There's some good info in the iodine thread about hashis... you might be surprised.... worth reading up on...then maybe discussing w/Jack in your next consult .....

7. MamaGrok, I started T3 only in March '12. I went from 2 1/2 grains of NDT to starting T3 dose of 12.5 in the morning and 6.25 taken in the afternoon. I took temps, HR, and BP reading throughout the day. For me when my BP went up I knew it was time for a dose. I increased slowly based on how I felt and my readings. I worked my way up to 52mcg in three doses and felt good but not tip top after four months of T3 only. Was afraid to go much higher but in my consult with Jack he said I should feel a lot better so I got the doses up to 25mcg 3x/day. This was on a Turkish brand of T3 called Tiromel. I'm told it is much weaker than Cytomel USA brand but my experience is not that at all. I am currently on Cytomel and the dose has stayed the same for me. Most of how I base my dose is on energy.

As far as the morning dose I started at 2 hours prior to wake up. I moved it back even further to three hours, in half hour increments, but didn't feel as well in the morning so the perfect time for me was that two hours prior to waking time.

I never "felt" my rT3 clear but it did based on my labs in August. I also did a saliva ASI test at that time and my adrenals were basically in the proper place for the four time periods (STTM recommendations). Almost perfect! I felt great too. Now five months later I have some Italian T3 and have dropped my dosage down to 62mcg and feel the same...great! I changed my morning dose to 'upon wake up' in Nov and have kept it that way ever since. I really want to go back on NDT but I also feel so great that I don't want to change!

Also wanted to say to you that I feel this incredible burst of fabulous energy and well being shortly have taking D-Ribose. I went out and got some after I had a friend tell me she loves it and the Dec webinar. I'm wondering if it will make you feel more energized too!

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hemoglobin, hematocrit, ferritin are high
    free testosterone low
    SHBG high
    When thyroid gets better, your SHBG may go down, increasing FreeT, that may increase Hgb & Hct above limits
    Stay away/limit liver, spinach, iron sources

you are not bleeding much during cycle?
    --------------------
    lower your supplementation with thyroid hormones

hashi, no hashi

200-400mg selenium (on top of any brazil nuts)
    50mg/day iodine/oidide from lugols----that is one dropperfull of TheBreathOfLife or J.CROW's

First week or two watch for any symptoms,
    if not sure read Grizz's Iodine post.
    ===========
    1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles Price: $73.90
    amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-Family-Pack-bottles/dp/B001RRP3FW
    recalculate dose if using other iodine/iodide source.
    Iodine References Document

add h t t p : / / in front

tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    steppingstonesliving.com/resources/iodine/
    curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815
    steppingstonesliving.com/resources/iodine/

===========

--------------------
    low---pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEAs, cortisol-AM,
    high Cholesterol, LDL,
    supplement with
    pregnenolone (Micronized Lipid Matrix) 150mg tabs from Nutricology/Allergy Research
    DHEA (Micronized Lipid Matrix) 150mg tabs from Allergy Reseach
    buy both from HerbsPro.com
    buy by dozen botthes to get good price

Pregnenonlne supplementation start within first half of menstrual cycle.
    Titrate dose mostly watching progesterone (allowing some over the range levels, and also watch cortisol-AM allowing small over the range values)
    after first half of cycle is established, work on a third quarter of cycle (the raising progesterone part)

When pregnenolone reaches better levels, but specially when DHEAs reaches better levels,
    expect lowering of cholesterol and LDL

-----------------
    Tests for omega6/3 ratios are highly misleading.
    You need to know individual componnents of omega6 and omega3
    For all I know you may have 10x overload on ALA & EPA and have minimal DHA on O3 side
    and similar situation on O6 side (ie; very low AA)

Since you are eating "boat load of sea food" already, it would bae a good idea to do (good) Fatty Acid Analysis.
    If you are able, do the best (at Krieger Labs).
    ----
    Red Blood Cell Fatty Acid test from Kennedy Krieger Laboratory
    (this is only known laboratory that tests not only
    even carbons fatty acids (normal)
    but also
    odd carbons fatty acids (toxic)

-------------------

888 320 8338

bodybio.com/contact.aspx

-----------------
    Ask dr K about
    magnessium, serum=1.8(1.6-2.6) ----low
    magnessium,RBC=6.2(4.2-6.8)------rather high, likely means something

---------------------
    clostridia sp.=3x over the range

----------------------
    TotalSCFA=62(>53)
    Fecal trigs high
    vegetable fibers (maldigestion)

4/day (or more) Wobenzym'N
    Bile Acids Factors Jarrows formula (6/day) (Allergy Research is used by dr Patricia Kane, find it and use it)

----------------------
    Vit D =49 -------------------- aim at 100-150

but (FIRST)
    your calcium is already at 9.2

keep one eye on them, check PHT, Calcitonin,
    and parathyroid otherwise

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/joselyns/Labs/Fullscreencapture19201331912PMbmp_zps7f74b10d.jpg
    i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/joselyns/Labs/Fullscreencapture19201332039PMbmp_zps397e3a9e.jpg
    i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/joselyns/Labs/Fullscreencapture19201332124PMbmp_zps09bc98e6.jpg
    i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/joselyns/Labs/Fullscreencapture19201332212PMbmp_zpsfdc88af2.jpg
    i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/joselyns/Labs/Fullscreencapture19201332247PMbmp_zps9432bbd2.jpg
    i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/joselyns/Labs/Fullscreencapture19201332329PMbmp_zpscde66946.jpg
    i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/joselyns/Labs/Fullscreencapture19201332359PMbmp_zps9e59820b.jpg

///////////////////////

Spend $99 for this test, let me work on it, (but better ask dr K, you will likely learn a lot)

23andMe.com

9. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Thank you, jansz; you're a gem!

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

BUN/Creatinine Ratio
    high
    .+++dehydrated
    scoop (5 grams) of D Ribose twice daily may lower blood pressure
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Wow. After my last post, I realized I needed to edit it majorly, but the forum logged me out and wouldn't let me log in with the "log in" button above. It took a bunch of bothering Shijin (who was most gracious about it) to figure out I had to go all the way to the home page of the website to log back in before it would take. I have to say that I think this wordpress forum software, so far for me, has no positives and only negatives. BIG ONES. I haven't yet figured how to edit that last post. Is it even possible?

Jansz, IDK if you noticed, but I commented to you throughout my last post. It's pretty hard to tell b/c of how it turned out.

I can't fathom how I could possibly be dehydrated (I drink all day), but Jack indicated there's something wrong with how my body is processing that through mitochondria I'll be interested to hear the webinar on that!

At any rate, my blood pressure is usually <90/60. Yes, LESS than 90/60! If I take d-ribose (which seems to be the popular supp of the month here, and I don't yet know why), will it kill me?

12. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I wish I could better navigate the new website too.

A good read that seems to be right up the alley of optimizing mitochondrial function is, "Fatigued to Fantastic." I started taking d-ribose at the recommended dose from the book (15g/day), along with acetyl-l-carnitine at LEF doses (2000-3000mg/day). I think I can say pretty confidently that I am feeling a difference with these supplements. I have also been taking ubiquinol, but I think I need to increase the dose. I think it has also helped my blood pressure (used to run really low like yours), which would imply adrenal function. I feel more stable, less deathly in the mornings.

Also, I am most intrigued that you hav noticed a weight gain when you eat something that doesn't agree. That is my experience as well. About 6 weeks ago I trialed white rice (1/2 cup serving), and it wrecked my week. Bloating and pressure the night I ate it, then stomach upset the next day and weight gain. Then joint pain, overall achiness, even a little sciatica for the next few days. Finally, 6 days later, symptoms disappeared, I dropped the weight, and I started feeling better. I did the experiment to figure out if rice powder in my supplements was a problem. I got my answer loud and clear! As you might remember, the list of foods that cause weight gain (water retention) for me is a long list. I had really thought the white rice would be "okay." I ate it with digestive enzymes on board too.

What kind of difference did you notice with the bile acid factors formula?

13. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

DARN!!! I just realized that the mitochondrial rx was SATURDAY and I thought it was today. I was all confused. Crud. Well, I think if I sign up for silver today, I should have access to it, right?

Anyone able to give me a one-paragraph synopsis? Argh.

When I started the BAB, I started getting cramps & runs about 6hrs post-meal, with increasing frequency as I increased the protein over time. It was daily and getting worse, waking me at night, etc. The ox bile stopped all that. Completely. It also made it so that when I removed all carbs for the winter, my bloating & water retention all but disappeared. I had gone no-carb several times before, but never saw that kind of result.

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

MamaG - the Q&A is tonight... you can access the webinar at any time.... so go listen... I don't have my notes w/me at work... but there's lots of good info

15. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I just got my enterolabs results in.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4753-120.html#post1062122
    Good: Conquered the fat malabsorption!!! I'm absorbing my nutrients again!

Bad: Long list of sensitivities other than gluten. Gotta find out about that Beef listing. That could make life very unpleasant.

Ugly: Two copies of gluten-sensitivity-predisposing genes. That means both parent & all my children also have at least one copy. It's not that celiac-predisposing gene, not that it matters, since I already have the immune reaction against gluten, autoimmune reaction based from it, fat malabsorption, low hormones, low calcium & magnesium, low fat-soluble vitamins, & abdominal distress from it. [​IMG]

I have a lot of questions for the enterolabs thread now...

16. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

17. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

This - I was going to say the same thing - that your levels look really high. You may be overdoing the thyroid meds. You mentioned that you feel tired, but from experience I can tell you that too much thyroid med can also make you sleepy and actually mimic the symptons of too little thyroid. I'm going through something similar. Backed off an afternoon dose of T3 due to my T3 going over the normal range. Although I am still not regulated - i do not have this figured out just yet

The adrenal thing popped into my head too but you are right - you are tolerating the meds so well - esp that many! - so that makes me think no...

I am shocked by how much you are on in all honesty. I had RAGING hashis- like my antibodies were off the charts ( greater than 1000) and I am only 1.5 grains of armour plus 5mcg of Cytomel. I was doing fine until recently so now am trying to figure it all out. Then again, everyone is different!

For some reason this wouldnt let me read the second page of comments so I have no idea if you got what you needed from everyone's feedback [​IMG] Good luck!

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

positive - your only seafood sensitivity is tuna.... seafood is game on!