1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

got any suggested protocols for menopause - esp. easing hot flashes

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by tulipwood, Apr 15, 2012.

1. tulipwood

tulipwood New Member

hi Dr. K

I did the leptin reset last fall and got some relief from my god awful night time cycling hot flashes for awhile but then they started back again - i tried bio ID hormones but again only got short term relief and having a hard time finding a DR and compounder to really work with me. I ve been eating a paleo diet for 2.5 years. I am 5'7 and weigh a consistent 135 lbs. I still maintain the leptin reset cycle of eating upon rising and and nothing after 7 pm. I recently dropped caffeine. I walk every day and do functional fitness via yard work etc. I am now starting to have the hot flashes during the day time as well. And most every night between 1-4 am - my mind is racing - you name it I think about it as i cycle through hot flashes - i ve been trying some deep breathing and meditating as this seems to be the focus of all the CW recent research in approaching hot flashes and its helped some but I am really getting tired from lack of good sleep and its starting to impact me during the day - spacey, making mistakes, etc.

Do you have a menopause protocol???

Thanks for any suggestions/help you can provide.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yeah its called testing your hormones!

The Leptin Reset is not for fixing menopause.........There are plenty of pearls of wisdom right here why you are off big time.....http://jackkruse.com/cold-thermogenesis-7/

See a doctor and get tested.

3. tulipwood

tulipwood New Member

i did get tested!! - had to for BIO ID hormones that I tried - i.e. compounding pharmacies don't just hand out that stuff and my doctor had to approve the prescription etc. I didnt think the leptin reset was for fixing menopause but figured it couldnt hurt. I took progesterone but it only worked for a few months and it all started again.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you did a 30 day saliva test?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

or a regular one?

6. Pamela

Pamela Gold

7. tulipwood

tulipwood New Member

I did a 4 in one day - hormones, cortisol etc. - also never heard of a 30 day saliva test.

8. did you replace estrogen? hot flashes are from drops in estrogen, not progesterone