1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Goodbye to arthritis and so much more…

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Phil Escott, Apr 6, 2014.

1. A lot of people (me included) miss the point with these techniques at first and root around in their pasts trying to uncover every little trauma, but it's far simpler than that, and I can't stress it enough – whatever the mind and body is throwing up at any given time is the perfect thing to work on.

Phil - I really like that way of putting things and I echo that statement big time! I was/am involved in 'primal therapy' and that (rooting around in the past etc) is a definite danger. Someone said it can be like discovering dental floss, it seems great at first but it's like the dental floss then gets caught in your teeth and THAT becomes a problem (this is an image only I am not specifically talking about dental floss)

And this thing about working on whatever the body and mind throws up is sort of exactly how I think of it. Before Kruse (could we shorten that to BK as opposed to BC :eek:) it's like I had 'only' the mind to 'work' on and it's like it gets played out! I also agree with you though that just working on the body can also get played out, it becomes 'reductionist' and kind of a cul-de-sac of it's own. There is something about ANY approach no matter how good it is or seems to be at first over time can and very often does become a kind of 'tunnel vision' of it's own

Now it's like I am never 'bored' something is 'happening' always and for me at least or the way I think of it kind of breaks down to 'mind' or 'body' and then the specifics of that. Healing is always specifics! Devil is in the details. But what I like now is I do not have to 'force' anything, let whatever comes up come up. I think your notions about auto-immune and anger or anger at the self is very interesting but I agree very much with you it is that kind of combination of mind AND body that can to seem to really help (at least for me). Or sometimes I think I was SO effed up it takes more than one approach or one great mind to help me solve my problems.

My physical problem is diabetes type 2 which seems now to be basically OK. I am Irish living in LA but I have a brother lives in Yorkshire UK and he has auto immune. Something called sarcoidosis which is very unpleasant. I have mentioned to him JK's site but have not heard back. He is a Chemical Engineer and quite knowledable about chemisty etc but weirdly seems to have so little interest in HIMSELF. Like he 'intellectually' knows a lot but never applies it to himself, I feel bad for him and wish I could help but my family has always seen me as a bit of a 'hippy weirdo'. My sister is a medical doctor and kind of the same syndrome there, she does not seem to think how could she help her brother.

That was one aspect of Dr K's recent work with Jeremy I really admire.............like he meets this guy with this problem and he basically thinks 'let me work this out or figure this out' To me that's the way docs should be, they have the 'knowledge' now let's really USE it, use it to discover and HELP people. I wish I was a doctor I have a smattering of knowledge but if I had the whole picture (and qualifications) I would aim to be a kind of doctor like Dr K. There seems to be a great lack of 'curiosity' so to speak, like I come more from the 'mental health' field psychology etc but there to me there is a lot of 'low curiosity'. Like that field could be really energised and 'irrigated' by the work of say Dr K but they rather stick to what is comfortable for them, and what they 'know' (if they do 'know' lol)

Anyway Phil just to say I think it is very 'cool' what you are doing and let us know when the book comes out. What kind of music do you play? I picture you in a Judas Priest type band. Forgive me if I am way off!

2. sooperb

sooperb New Member

"my family has always seen me as a bit of a 'hippy weirdo'."

I can relate to that, not so much the hippy (although my husband often asks where my kaftan and sandals are lol, especially the time I had all my hair cropped short). Why is anything you try to do for yourself outside of a GP consultation considered weird? He's type ll, he went for his check up today, all well apparently, even his good cholesterol is up, nothing to do with the way we eat now at my instigation, apparently he's still taking his statins now and again, that must be it eh! So she is complimenting him on doing well and mentions it's nearly time for his foot check up and "you don't walk around barefoot I hope"? Oh no, says he, but my wife does all the time. Well says she, I agree with your wife, but not for you to do it, diabetics mustn't walk around barefoot, it's dangerous. Do you walk around barefoot at all Patrick?

Interesting theories Phil, I am often curious about what comes first, feeling better and then looking over your shoulder and attributing how you think it worked out, or doing the thinking first, following your ideas and then finding that you started to heal? I am really pleased for you and all the others that have turned their health around no matter how it came about, it must be a relief to get your life back.

3. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Aaargh, statins!! :)

Dangerous to walk barefoot. That's really funny. Those poor cavemen must have really stressed out, roaming to the ends of the Earth, searching in vain for a shoe shop… :)

I think the magic happens when you don't worry what comes first – just pay attention to exactly what life is throwing up in the present and deal with it, which might be physical, and might be emotional, or might be spiritual. It's all the same game – all part of a beautiful whole! Life throws up exactly what we need whenever we need it, and most of the time we reject those gifts, criticise them and mistrust them. Life is much simpler than we make it… :)

4. sooperb

sooperb New Member

"Life is much simpler than we make it…"

It used to be, these days we're so tied up in what we can't live without that it's hard to imagine going backwards. How do you choose what's best to give up for example, how do you know if what you gave up was the right choice? What if you give up pretty much everything and nothing changes? It's got me stumped!

5. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Hi patgrif. Thank you for your kind words. I love the dental floss analogy. That certainly rings true. there is a lot of power in healing the emotions, but if we come at it from the wrong angle, it can be a great big tangle, and people can easily be put off before they find the magic. We always seem to overcomplicate things.

As for your brother, I feel for him. Nasty business. Don't let it upset you if he won't listen though. I realised what a huge strain it was when I worried about everyone. I became a bit of an evangelist and it hurt me and annoyed others. I just did a blog on that on my site actually! :) Suggest, then let go. If he asks more, then you can give more. We all have our own paths, and we can't interrupt that path however much we care. After all, look how many blessing illness brings! Are you sure you want to deprive anybody of that? He will heal when he needs to heal.

My music? Judas Priest eh? Haa ha! :) No, not at all. Was it the "wife-beater" vest in my pic that made you think that? The last two things I have done… A band called e-god – very strange and pretentious but very creative. A bit prog, a bit space rock… unclassifiable really. Lots of visuals too – videos and virtual vocalists on screens, MIDI light show and lots of electronic instruments. I often wonder if being in the middle of all that technology was one of the triggers of my illness. If you go to the "Shop" page of my website (in my signature) there is a link to the e-god site where there is still some footage of one concert. Yes, the big fatty on the drums with the long dreadlocks is me, a few months before I got really ill.

Now I'm playing with a blues band – also linked to on that Shop page. It's the other end of the scale – acoustic drums, spontaneous stuff, lots of improvisation, no rehearsal… lovely. Far less EMF flying around. Fantastic guitarists too. I'm having a lot fun being "just the drummer". I'm half the size too. :) Most vids on the internet of me playing with them though are from last summer when I was still in my very skinny phase before I started to rebuild. I think in e-god I'm about 200lbs, in the Wayne Carrick vids I'm an emaciated 130lbs (scary!) and now a nice, balanced 155lbs at 5ft 10ins.. The stages of healing in action! :)

6. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

The trick is not really giving things up, but letting them go. Also, letting go of agonising over what you need to give up. Follow your heart. There is this old idea that it's somehow bad to have possessions and wealth for example. It's not; it's only damaging if you are attached to them. Just be in the present and feel what you need, and things will give you up rather than the other way around. Stressing over what to give up causes far more stress than the things themselves I reckon. And if you give up stressing, you get a clearer mind, your intuition grows and you know exactly what's good and what isn't.

Also, be careful what you force yourself to give up, and which dogmas you keep. There is a lovely story about that…

“A new monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to help the other monks in copying the old texts by hand. He notices, however, that they are copying copies, not the original books. So, the new monk goes to the head monk to ask him about this. He points out that if there were an error in the first copy, that error would be continued in all of the other copies.

The head monk says, “We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son.” So, he goes down into the cellar with one of the copies to check it against the original.

Hours later, nobody has seen him. So, one of the monks goes downstairs to look for him. He hears a sobbing coming from the back of the cellar, and finds the old monk leaning over one of the original books and crying. He asks what’s wrong.

“The word is ‘celebrate’,” says the old monk.”

:)

Linz and SeaHorse like this.
  7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

ROFL!!!!!

Phil Escott likes this.
  8. sooperb

sooperb New Member

That's made me smile, thank you.

So I followed my heart, it said this site was the place to find the holy grail. I have read and followed the wisdom. I have given up what seemed and felt that it was right to do so. Nothing has changed, am in the right place or not, I no longer feel quite so certain.

9. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

There's only one surefire way to tell. If you're in that place – it's the right place for you, so enjoy! :)

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, we like woo here. But you just have to be able to prove it scientifically. :)

11. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Haa ha! :) Well, I will leave the science to Jack. I think he's close to putting God under the microscope anyway. (Not that the microscope is anything other than God). Physics is pretty much there anyway isn't it? At a quantum level everything is the same – very little difference if any between objects and space. It's all made of consciousness, and we keep looking for peace/God/happiness desperately. It's comical when you see what it's all really made of – it makes the eternal human quest seem like fish swimming around looking for the ocean. :)

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Evidence based medicine is putting doc on autopilot.........everything is a cookbook recipe or algorithm. They do not want you to think...........because they think they are correct. Problem is........they are not. Ask Rob H or NeilBB if this is not accurate.

Phil Escott and NeilBB like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When I get to Organization and Structure 3..........we will be close.

14. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I tried your link to Meidi Goodson on your website. It's erm, very interesting, I don't know what's gone wrong but it doesn't lead to Meidi's site. I googled and got the same wacky results. Perhaps she needs alerting?

15. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

I spent the morning with her putting the world to rights at Cedar Farm coffee shop actually, and have now alerted her by email. I'm just getting a blank white screen. Is that what you're getting? Try again sometime as it's probably just temporary… unless the pure white means she actually merged with the absolute after I left her. :)

16. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Looking forward to it… I think I've always suspected where you're going with all this… I just haven't quite had the IQ to follow you the whole way "overland". I took the cop out way and booked a flight because I don't have such a roomy vehicle as you to be able to stop and generously pick up so many fortunate hitchhikers. What I have managed to see of it has been a fascinating and scenic journey… :)

17. Sooperb - you asked if I walk around with no shoes. Funny you should ask yesterday I went for a pretty good hike in the Santa Monica mountains and did it all barefoot! I didn't or don't even think like that about diabetes (maybe I should well no I don't think so) I LOVE that and was telling the friend I was with all about the 'pizo-electric' effect. In fact now that I think of it here is what I wrote to another friend yesterday before I went

"Today I plan to not even take my shoes so all the way up and down the hill in bare feet..............I can FEEL the 'pizo-electric' effect.............pressure on the bottom of the feet goes all around the body, this was also the idea behind 'acu-pressure' I think"

I also am at the beach a lot barefoot all the time. Yeah it's weird I don't even know exactly why the docs have this thing about not being barefoot. I used to hike with shoes until about a month ago and being barefoot has really enhanced it for me. As Dr K says the 'pizo-electric' effect is very real and the thing is as he explains that 'pressure' is referred ALL over the body via collagen and water. So it FEELS like an all over body massage even though it is just the feet. I have a little bit of numbness on the big toe of one foot and it seems to help that too.

Phil - you are a bit of a mind reader too! about the Judas Priest thing I guess I have to plead 'guilty' (Not that there is anything wrong with Judas Priest:)) Your music sounds very interesting, I am always amazed how much great music continues to come out of England. Like every few years a whole new thing. The States is more 'conservative' we still have Led Zepp on the radio all day long (Not that there is anything wrong with Led Zepp:))

18. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Hi Phil…I'm with you…while you've been up in your plane covering new territory, my metaphor of choice is surfing the waves getting all the good stuff and letting the rest just roll on by. Translating the information here into living a new life has been a balance for me….too much time in my head reading, reading, reading isn't good and yet the ideas and concepts that I've learned here as I've activated them are life changing. It's such a great group of people here you don't want to miss one minute of the party ….but the party is inside and we all need to go out don't we? Can you tell this has been a long winter? Anyway, I just read your whole thread and wanted to give you a cyber high five.

19. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Blimey! I wish we had Led Zep all day! I can't listen to the radio for the amount of pop crap on it! You still have to dig deep for good music anywhere. It's seldom on the radio apart from 2am sometimes… Ahem… not that I'm ever up then, Jack… Well, if I am, I'm driving back from a gig with my Blublockers on. :)

20. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Hi Seahorse… Thank you and high five back. :) It's great to "meet" you too, as I've read many of your posts while I've been lurking.

Actually, I posted that message about the plane hurriedly and then shot out of the front door for a walk around a few new lakes that I'm scoping out for a bit of carp fishing this summer (a bizarre English addiction), and I have to admit that while I've been walking I've been cringing in embarrassment at posting it. It seems like I'm saying that I've flown ahead of everyone, and it sounds really arrogant. That's not what I meant at all… What I meant by it was that Jack takes everyone systematically through all the levels of this knowledge in a logical order, whereas I've spent most of my life being either a hippy or a yogi and paying attention only to the "spiritual" side of things, ignoring the foundations. In truth, ignoring all the essential steps on the way was a big reason why I got ill, so I'm very grateful for the info on this site in particular as it has joined innumerable dots that I missed out… So, apologies to anyone who thought I was a bit too full of myself… Just a bad choice of words… :)