1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Goodbye to arthritis and so much more…

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Phil Escott, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Thank you so very much, Phil for your reply and all the details that you shared.:)

It is not that often that one can come across someone else who was also able to overcome his arthritis and it would have been remiss of me not to use this opportunity to learn more about it.

Trust me when I say I think you were so very fortunate that it did not progress much further and did not leave you with much of a permanent damage before you managed to bring it under control.

Phil, I totally understand you not being so eager to have anymore tests done - they would only confirm what you yourself already know happened. Even though I have amassed a huge arsenal of all kinds of x-rays and MRI from the time me being immobile, I also have not had any of that done since my improvement. Maybe, just to satisfy my curiosity, I might consider doing an MRI one of these days.

I love what you said at the end
    May you always feel that way!:)

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I saw your pic full size!

just one comment..... The first time I ever skyped with Dr. kruse - I spent so much time telling him I was fine ...DUH
    he finally said " you have been living in dog shit for so long you don't even recognise it!!!"

3. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Caroline, I'm not quite sure I grasp your point. Maybe I'm being a bit dim… How does that relate to my story? Do you mean I still have a long way to go? If so, I'm sure you're right. :) If I keep ketogenic or close, and stay stress free I am pretty much devoid of symptoms, and it takes quite a bit these days to trigger any response from my joints, but the response is possible… I suppose I would only consider myself totally healed if I could eat bread, pasta and nightshades for a week without a twinge… not that I'd want to ever again, but you know what I mean… :) I would absolutely love to Skype with Dr K. I am sure there is an absolute ton I could learn, but that will have to wait at least until the next financial windfall, and I do feel pretty happy with my rate of progress now – I have no panic and my pile of dog shit feels pretty good. :) Much as I'd love to corner him on a desert island for a week and grill him on everything under the sun, I'm sure there are others who need his time more than I do… :)

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sorry Phil ....... I just meant we get used to living a suboptimal life - we feel that it is as good as it gets sometimes. At least I did .... well I didn't know any better. Deep down, I did know I shouldn't feel/be like this and I was continually looking for answers - but, as Dr. K. says. we have to learn to ask better questions!!! and I did!

Before I found my way here .... searching for answers and not getting anywhere ....... I never stopped tho - and one fateful day I ran across this crazy guy on MDA ....

You are doing great ..... and I love how you write!

Dr. K. also always says .... when the student arrives ....the teacher in him appears!

so keep writing .... those who need/want your message will read .....and others won't bother because they aren't interested in learning .... or can't be bothered.

sorry - some days I feel like a freakin parrot!!!

5. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Thank you, Tanya. May all your cartilage rebuild itself too, and may no pain ever return! :) Just a suggestion, but have you tried MSM? It was one of the first things I tried on the advice of Barbara Allen's book, which was the first I ever read, but it seemed to have no effect, so I gave up. Then recently my 23-year-old son Tom looked into it (he understands the medical science on this site way better than me from his quest to fix some hypoglycemia and adrenal issues) and recommended I tried it again but in higher doses. I saw the science of it somewhere that the body robs the cartilage of sulfur if we don't take enough in, and that's why we need to replenish it (somebody correct me if I'm way off here please). Now, I do a lot of things at once and I'm very unscientific, so I can't say for sure it's that, but since I started it again I kind of have a feeling that the healing of the joints has accelerated somewhat. Just a thought – I know James Coburn reckons MSM is what finally switched his arthritis off. Who knows? :)

6. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Go for it, Caroline. I'm sure parrots are paleo. Just don't fry it in vegetable oil… :)

sooperb and fitness@home like this.
  7. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Thanks for your advice and your good wishes, Phil.:) MSM was one of so many other supplements that I was taking and I am not completely certain if it was really helping me. One of my long term goals was to significantly reduce the number of all the supplements - MSM was one of the first few ones that I cut out and was still able to continue improving. I am glad to hear that it is helping you though. You are doing well, Phil - keep it up!:)

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome, Phil! You have an amazing story. I like it when you say
    One of Jack's members said that our bodies are perfectly healthy right now, given the situations that they are in.
    That kind of thinking has helped me understand what health and illness truly are.

9. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Tanya, you are bang on there – I think with supplements we are at best just guessing (without labs anyway) and the best thing we can do on a physical level is just support the gut and let the body do its own thing. I am not too keen on them, but try them now and again as much to be able to write about them in my book as anything else. I don't take many any more. One exception was a big replenishing of zinc early last summer. I had found a website called "aquariusthewaterbearer.com" where some guy was so incredibly convincing that distilled water was the way to go that despite Jack, Mercola and a few others saying it wasn't ideal, I decided to give it a try. I bought an expensive distiller for over £1200 and got to drinking a gallon or so a day with the idea that it would chelate any last nasties left in my system. Now maybe it did get some stuff out, and maybe it would have been ok for three months, but I pushed it to five (I have done some extreme things). The result was that I completely lost my sense of taste, and I mean completely!! Food was no pleasure at all – in fact it was quite an ordeal, which to a glutton like me was a disaster! After initial worries about nasties like Bell's palsy and brain tumours, I figured I'd stripped all the zinc, and I think I was right. It took two months to get my taste back though, and I sold the distiller on eBay to a dentist for sterilising instruments for about £400, so it was a bad and expensive mistake!! Good story though… :)

10. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Hi Nonchalant. So good to "meet" you. I have enjoyed many of your posts over the years… :) Now, I absolutely agree, and this is the area where it gets really interesting and it's what I really want to write about more than anything else given some very profound awakenings just before and during this "illness" of "mine". :) I truly believe that our perception of ourselves as individual entities is fundamentally flawed and that we are just aspects of the same field of consciousness brought about to enjoy itself. Whatever happens to us is exactly the right thing that we need for our evolution, or rather for the evolution of pure consciousness in its journey back to itself. There is no other view that I have found that explains absolutely all of life's mysteries when they are observed in that light. I am a little reluctant to go into it too much though for fear of being labelled a crank, but that's where my book will really focus in the end after I've trawled through the other layers of illusion that we go through in healing when we still think that there is actually a body to heal! Right, I'll shut up now before the woowoo police arrive… :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  11. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Sorry, Caroline… I forgot to say thanks for that. Much appreciated, and very encouraging! :)

12. Inger

Inger Silver

This is so true... if I get some "issues", when I think a bit, I know why. The reason of my issue can be the food.. my environment... my thoughts... etc.
    Then, I can choose if I change things up and get rid of the issue or if I tolerate it. It is no mystery anymore :)
    This is super wonderful and makes me feel like I have huge powers :D
    Freedom :) :) :)

13. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

You do have huge powers, Inger – all the power in the universe if you tap into it, and it sounds like you are! The only limit is the size of our imagination… :)

14. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

This is my exact experience with shift work - you never get used to it, only get used to feeling like crap, until that feels normal. Then when you have a break from it, about halfway through the 2nd week you get this huge surge of energy and realise this is what you are supposed to feel like.

I should also mention, without reading the whole thread, it seems I've had the same sort of success with arthritis as Phil by doing the same things - eliminating grains and nightshades and cold thermogenesis. My knees hardly ever blow up or hurt so long as I am careful about the amount of nightshades etc. I eat.

caroline likes this.
  15. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Well done Da-mo… Being an old hippy who never had a real job, I can't comment about shift work, but from playing late gigs over the years and too much time spent night fishing, I can say that not sleeping between at least the Ayurvedically recommended times of 10pm til 2am (and then preferably a good few hours after that) can cause havoc. CT and orange shades have definitely done wonders for my sleep patterns and in turn my healing.

However, my arthritis didn't let up with just the physical measures. I really had to go deep into the emotions to unwind it. :)

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Da-mo .... can you get a picture up? Jack has a new rule ..... no pic - no Jack!!!

thanks for telling us your experience.....

17. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Been meaning to Caroline . . . will try tomorrow

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

You have a very logical way of writing and conveying information .....

Phil Escott likes this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks! it is so great to see everyone........

20. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

By the way, can I give out a blatant plug here, in case anybody is around the north of England and looking for hands-on help in any of the areas I've discussed? Two amazing ladies with very open minds, tons of wisdom and superb senses of humour – Gabrielle Heyes, a wonderful naturopath who helped me so much early on and was so uncannily accurate with diagnoses, and Meidi Goodson, who knows all there is to know about emotional rebalancing and opened up a whole new world to me. They both have a good knowledge of paleo principles and GAPS too, and are very well aware of Dr Kruse's work. If you follow the link in my sig and look on the resources page, you can see links to them both. Thanks, Gabi and Meidi!! :) xx

fitness@home likes this.