1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Goodbye to arthritis and so much more…

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Phil Escott, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

I know… Skelmersdale is the UK centre of the Transcendental Meditation movement and there are a lot of vegetarians. Much of their food is based around rice and dhal, breads, nightshade soups etc and as they age (they are mostly baby boomers, ten years or so older than me), they are developing a lot of niggling and not so niggling ailments. It breaks my heart. I'm the only one who seems to be getting better. They say, "How did you do it?" and when it gets to the subject of meat they say, "Eeeew, I could never eat meat!" It's an infuriating Hindu dogma based meme so common among meditators. Much as I love the TM technique, don't go to them for dietary advice!! I just did a blog about it actually, so I can just point meditators at it and never have to discuss it again! :)

It reminds me of my favourite Jack quote: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't guarantee it won't piss in it!" :)

Oh dear, well my good memories of Preston were back in the early 90s when I played there with a band called The Acrobats Of Sa. It was a magical atmosphere. I have been playing the Black Bull on and off with The Wayne Carrick Band, and I must agree that some of the magic has gone… :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Josh likes this.
  2. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Tanya, you are welcome. I hope you are making wonderful progress yourself. You are certainly in the right place! I am utterly convinced that after all the dietary and physiology tweaks have been made, if it's still bubbling away, the answer is in the emotions. Just look for whatever bothers you moment to moment. It doesn't even need to be anything big. For me the last piece of the puzzle was stamping out niggling frustrations – getting annoyed when a fork doesn't come out of the drawer easily when you pick it up – unloading my fishing gear from the back of the car and the rod bag catches on the chair etc. It was a constant barrage of very subtle annoyance, and I reckon years of subjecting myself to that made the body follow suit, so it started attacking itself. I cleared a lot of more obvious, bigger issues, but when I actually cleared the subtle niggly ones, it seemed like I was suddenly out of the deep, dark forest. I found Byron Katie's "The Work" miraculous for zapping stupid thoughts and emotions the second they come up. It's so clever – in the end your uncomfortable thoughts become your guru, and you actually look forward to them appearing, because now you have a gun to blow them away in a moment. Enjoyable target practice! :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    kovita likes this.
  3. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

P.S… Tanya… Oh yes, and criticising people and taking the piss was a big one for me. I went to school in the English public school system with a lot of big IQs, so the violence was more psychological, and I learned how to take the piss superbly. I was very witty at it, and made a lot of people laugh. I never really meant any harm – my motivation was mostly to amuse, but eventually I realised that we are all one organism essentially, so if we attack others, we are attacking ourselves. I let it go and it was such a relief. It was immediately replaced by compassion and now I wonder how I was ever so cruel. I'm sure it teaches the body to be cruel to itself too. I think to heal we need to be very honest with ourselves and admit to and dig out all the embarrassing bits that most would be in denial about… :)

4. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

By the way, here's my before and after… Four feet of dreadlocks gone too! That helped add to the weight loss… :)

Edit – pic moved to original post…

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Phil - and welcome from down under! What a wonderful success story - thankyou so much for sharing this with us. Dr. K. is shining his flashlight for us - but we need to do the work ...and that is what you are doing!!

As Dr. K. just said .... the March webinar and the live Q&A are extraordinary .... please don't miss these! also the one with Erwan Lecorre and the sex webinar and all the Q&A's ....but all of them really.

6. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Phil, you are so right about the emotions aspect of all of this. I am definitely working on it... I know what RA can do to someone, how it can take away from you everything that other people take for granted - your ability to walk, use your hands and so much more.... Just like you, I had my share of ups and downs, and I finally managed to get myself out of that dark place in my life. The memories of being there , however, are still with me. Even when I celebrate every little progress that I make, I almost hold my breath - there is always a possibility that it could just disappear again with a simple exhale.

Knowing that there are people who were able to achieve as much as you did, gives me a lot of hope that perhaps it is truly behind me now as well. Thank you again, Phil:)

7. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Thank you so much, Caroline. Can we get the webinars after they have been aired? Sorry if I'm being dim, but I thought you had to catch them as they were going out. I had a quick look but can't find where they're "kept". :)

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

No worries......the monthly webinars are for silver and gold members. The live Q&A is for "Gold" members. It is absolutely worth it if you can swing it! During these Q&A you can pretty much ask Jack anything - and he has been known to talk for hours! As Jeremy just said ...." Jack is a hell of a talker - but he is also an incredible listener!"

The free 90 day reset webinars are not available to re listen for some reason. May be technical....

9. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Tanya, we can never stop those thoughts arising that it might all come back again, but we don't have to believe them – just watch them and chuckle! :) I think the problem is the brainwashing we have from the fear-based regular doctors, and with their methods of burying the symptoms it's no wonder they preach doom and gloom about relapses. This conditioning goes deep, and I am not surprised that people who have no "alternative" knowledge never find a way out. I have always been keen on natural methods to keep healthy (although those methods were a bit misguided for a long time!), but I still took a long time to get the pesky little rheumatologist gremlin off my shoulder saying, "Your joints will never be the same. Diet doesn't work. Only our pills work. Take this poison or it'll get into your heart and you'll risk malignancies." Good grief, I've heard it all! It used to scare the shit out of me, but now they sound like scared little kids to me. Not that I visit them any more, but the memory of their paranoia by proxy no longer holds anything but amusement for me.

I look at it like this: Take an oncologist. They are held in high esteem as those on the cutting edge of medicine, and people with cancer bow to them and give themselves totally into their "care". But look at the truth – they don't understand why cancer happens and they can't cure it (ok, they get "lucky" now and again, but that's mostly the body healing itself despite the drugs I reckon – it's very hit and miss). If we had a leaky pipe and we called a plumber who came and said, "I'm sorry, I don't know why it's leaking and I can't fix it" would we pay them? :) In this light, oncology seems a very strange profession. I mean no disrespect – many mean tremendously well, but let's not turn them into gods, that's all. It feeds their egos too much and takes away our power. A rheumatologist once got really angry with me when I told him the drugs he wanted me to take was like paying a mechanic for smashing the oil warning light in your car so it didn't light up any more instead of fixing the oil pressure problem. He wasn't at all amused. :)

The more "impossible" successes you experience, making nonsense of their statements of doom, the less you believe the thoughts of relapse that arise. Dwelling on anything in the past, or indeed imagined horrors in the future, is the root of all stress. The work of Bruce Lipton – "The Biology Of Belief" was huge for me in banishing the last of my conventional "wisdom" paranoia. We just need to listen to visionaries like him, Natasha Campbell McBride and Jack to rid ourselves of these worries. :)

Having said all that, I guess it's possible it will come back, but the important thing is to lose all fear of it coming back. If it does come back, it clearly hasn't taught me all the lessons it needs to teach me. Illness has brought many more blessings to me than it has curses, so in a way I'd be excited at the new challenge. Who says life ALWAYS has to be blissful? It's in adversity that we evolve the fastest, and that's what we're here for. We need to stop thinking of illness as a "bad" thing. It's only the body after all! :)

Linz likes this.
  10. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Ah, thanks Caroline. I would love to become a gold member, but the one thing that being ill and staying home to do my own research has depleted is money. I was quite comfortable beforehand, but now all reserves are gone. It was well worth it of course, but membership dues are beyond me at the moment… Still, it just shows what can be done with even the free info on Jack's site, eh? :)

11. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Just edited that last post to take my daftness out, Caroline. Sometimes my nonsense runs away with me… I Googled it, and it does exist! Amazingly, somebody had the idea before me… ha ha! Right, we'll leave that subject… :)

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Jack's latest blog is about Jeremy.....and don't miss Jeremy's webste and his own blog!

I completely understand about money ..... I couldn't be more broke but I figure a gold membership is really important to me to keep healthy! I need to be around a long time to keep Jack on his toes!! LOL

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

And ...Dr. K. Always extends his hand to someone who asks for help.....

There is plenty here to keep you occupied for a long, long time! Have a blast!

14. kovita

kovita Gold

wow, Ph
    Wow, Phil, this is is! This is my last piece of puzzle as well. I am on it now and improving I think decently. I was like this as long as I remember, seeing the glass half empty, it is written in my genes, I know now, but I know as well becasue it si written in my genes it is not necessarily my destiny. I am so much more than the genes. Curiously my husband was telling me ever since I got sick every single day that my cure is in mind and as much as I work on my diet I must work on my relations to this world, myself and most importantly to my own children and husband. I got mad on him every time he said this. It took me too long to reach this idea by myslef. I reached this simple and clear concept through the wildest path one can imagine. Man how could I be so blind and stupid. I know now. i have spent a few years very angry to my children and to my husband for a reason that could not be more stupid, their simple happy and fearless existence. I feel now I am finally starting to enjoy my life, to smell the beauty and simple and innocent hapiness of my children and warm And stable love of my husband, that was there was soooo many years and I never ever sensed it. Needless to say the core of my issues lays in autoimmunity.

15. Inger

Inger Silver

Absolutely. Awesome. Stuff. ^^

I know understand better and better every day what Jack means when he says, a thought can change your DNA

Thoughts... that is where it all begins.

What a relief :) :) :)

Kovita, your story too is just amazing.. this is all so touching stuff - now way to put it into words!

16. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Ha ha! That sounds so familiar, Kovita!! It took me ages to realise fully just how amazing my partner and my kids are, and even my 90-year-old mother who I look after. I spent lots of time thinking that they were trapping me and stopping my freedom, when in reality they WERE my freedom! Insanity! We have to be happy with what's happening, or we will never be happy. Very early on I read that you often don't get well until you accept you might always be ill and find a way to be content with that – then you usually get well anyway. I didn't "get" it til much later… It's a slippery concept. :)

Jude likes this.
  17. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Thank you, Inger. I like the old saying, "Whether we think we can or whether we think we can't, either way we're right." I have proved that to myself many times! :)

18. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

That's what I tell everyone… Explore the site at your own risk, it's an addiction that can take up months! :) I will check out the blog and Jeremy's site. :)

19. Phil Escott

Phil Escott New Member

Just read the latest blog about Jeremy. Ridiculously inspiring. What gets me is how Jack listens and learns. It makes you want grab every doctor by the back of the neck, force his face into the computer screen and shout, "This is how to treat a patient and improve your skills!!!!" Phew… aaaand relax… no, no… it's fine… all doctors are perfect and being exactly who they should be… leave them alone, Phil… :)

Jeremy's blog is fantastic as well. What a dude!

20. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Phil, to me RA was never as you said an "illness", it was a crushingly cruel life-altering tragedy, and because I have already experienced the worst of it, I knew then that things could only get better. And they did, and continue to do so.

Just like for you Phil, the progress that I made came as a result of my own determination and perseverance. There were no doctors or pharmaceuiticals involved in my recovery either...

During that time I was fortunate to come across so many truly inspiring stories of people who managed to triumph over their various health situations and it made me want so much to be able to follow in their footsteps to achieve the same. But hardships are never comparable - they are extremely unique, real and noone has an idea of the price that only you had to pay in order to get where you are today.

I don't recall where it came from, but some time ago I heard it repeated somewhere “ If you are afraid... you’ve lost.” The truth is, I am no longer afraid, but having gone thru a relapse before has taught me that nothing in life is permanent. Trying to forget that and stop being as cautious as I am now would be a huge mistake for me. Healing does not mean that the damage never existed, and I will always remember that, it just means to me that I am in control now of how I look at my life and the risk that I am willing to take with it. You seem to have own outlook on life that is helping you so much. I am sincerely happy for you.:)