1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Goodbye City Life!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by nonchalant, Feb 4, 2015.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thank you drezy! I've been looking for this online. I'd look for dock, but only find plants with hefty leaves. Leaves are the last thing you notice on this plant.
    Looks like it is Rumex hastatulus.

"Of all the Rumex that grow in the South, Rumex hastatulus is probably the most pleasing. The tart-tasting intensely green leaves are hard to misidentify — edible wise — and the bloom that turns from white to red is pleasing to the eye. Its nickname is the Heartwing Sorrel, describing the mature reddish, winged seed pods."

I've tried eating the thin, tiny leaves; the long juicy stems are superior in taste.

Phosphene likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

I love nature guessing games especially those with culinary implications. Thanks for the update.

Lately I've been dropping these little lovelies onto my dishes -- house culinary sage flowers:
    sageflowers.jpeg

I didn't know until a couple weeks ago how good sage flowers tasted. They start with a typical sage flavor that always works with pork and chicken dishes but the flavor changes midway into a mix somewhere in between between grape hard candy and root beer.

Christine_L, Phosphene and caroline like this.
  3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

The de Broglie-Bohm pilot wave theory seems, to me, to describe intuition. Once you get in the zone, with the sun rising, the leaves swaying in the breeze, birds tweeting, and the grass tickling the toes, all you have to do is contemplate something that has been puzzling you. Then...wham! There it is. It's like the answer was already in your mind, it just needed to find its way home. Just set up the right environmental waves, and the path is clear. Organization from chaos.

caroline, Alex97232, Linz and 4 others like this.
  4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Does skin, like the eyes, lose its focus?

This summer I've been gradually getting better at sweating. First the head, then the lower arms, and now the shoulders and chest. My BUN/creatinine ratio is also falling. I attribute it to my MB use. It's the only thing I can think of that has changed much in the last year. For a while I was taking some every two hours during the day. Now it's more like 2-4 times/day.

I know the red light energy MB absorbs helps my eyes focus. Perhaps the skin proteins are also using the energy to align properly. All the more reason to avoid artificial light--if my skin no longer has cataracts, that blue light can penetrate farther.

It's interesting that my emerging sweat pattern is so different from the skin improvements that daily seafood give me. Instead of the areas that get the most sun, DHA first improves the skin normally hidden under clothes, gradually spreading outward toward the hands and feet.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am confused about sweating .....My pits are smellier - like a bricklayer in the hot sun! Is this good or bad???

and .....it is winter here!

Phosphene likes this.
  6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Mmmmm, bricklayer in the hot sun! Sweat running down a nice tanned back... Nice, Audrey!
    Winter sounds even nicer. Good to hear from you.
    Perhaps it is yeast? You know the solution -- whatever is wrong, give it sunshine.

BTW, I've been thinking about the folk (hi @Sue-UK ) who talk about different parts of the eye corresponding to parts of the body. And of course various parts of the back are directly connected to various organs. Those nerves have myelination, right? [The myelin sheath is a greatly extended and modified plasma membrane wrapped around the nerve axon in a spiral fashion .] It's easy to expose the entire iris/eye to the sun, and when you are looking the other way, the back could take up the slack. If it weren't for these darned clothes... I've started tying up my shirt to expose some of my waist to the sun for more time. Should help the kidneys/bladder, etc? What I need is an old-timey halter top with strings. And put my hair up.

Alex97232 likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hey Sally! An old-time halter top sounds like a good idea ....I used to make them for my daughters - basically an elongated triangle that tied around the neck and then around the back.

The thing is about sweating ...... there is not much running anywhere - after all it is winter ....but my pits smell.

I am thinking about getting another kiniki and a matching coverup of some kind. I wouldn't wear my kiniki in public but think it may be a great idea to wear the coverup onto the beach and then discard. I should have thought of that long ago!

How are you doing Sally? I seem to remember that you got a caravan? Is the country all you hoped it would be?

I guess we are all a work in progress while we keep figuring this all out!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Alex97232 and Phosphene like this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

Sally, hi :) :) do you use MB on the skin too? Is it safe to use it deluted on the face before going into the sun?

I am very good at sweating..lol At work (as a waitress we move around all the time) when it is warmer outside, I get get wet all over my body, huh! I just have to remind myself of drinking enough losing all that water ;)

I can get smelly armpits from too many eggs or chocolate... I do not get it much from raw organic cacao tho.

Phosphene likes this.
  9. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Sally

Ooh don't get me started on iridology - but parts of my iris are going from brown to hazel. :)

I'd take smelly pits over skin tags there any day of the week, because although not an accurate quantum explanation, even in naturopathic terms the loss of an excretion route (sweating) led to skin tag deposits near my breasts, which raises my risk of breast cancer. Jack said in my journal "Sweat means skin mtDNA can fat burn again." so I'm watching what happens next with my skin tags..... My mild deuterium depletion from first freeze water has increased my sweating pattern, but I haven't noticed any armpit smell, probably because I am consistently making sure I get sunlight on my armpit skin every time I sunbathe. I suspect that as the sweat contains deuterium, any UVA hitting it creates an "atmosphere" on the skin surface that helps control the skin microbiome. :confused:

10. drezy

drezy Gold

I sometimes trace odor to dietary changes and/or internal enzyme issues.

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Maybe you are wearing deodorant while sunning your pits? It's the same an suntan lotion, imho.
    You don't have to have much sweat to smell there...

Haven't had much chance to see the country. Dealing with sick relatives.

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've only had success with sublingual MB, Inger. I first tried diluting it with about 20 drops of water to one of MB and the results are so noticable and helpful that I haven't tried a different dilution or tried MB elsewhere. My vision improves just a few minutes after sublingual MB. I think it gets into the bloodstream rapidly. I learned long ago not to swallow it, though.

Oh, I forgot about the wart. I put full strength MB on DH's wart, which disappeared a few weeks later. That wart was on his forehead. The skin (except for temporary discoloration of course) showed no ill effects, and he was left with an even tan in the area.

Inger and Alex97232 like this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

You don't swallow? why?

BTW - I don't use deodorant ....maybe not enuf water.......

Alex97232 likes this.
  14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

it
    One thing I've done this year is bought an extra Kiniki short beach wrap in the same fabric as the one I already have, and the same as the sarong I have. If I tie it up in front and then just twist it round so the knot is in the middle of my back, I've covered up the girls with no chance of a side boob mishap. With bikini bottoms its much more comfortable than a swimsuit. Or use it with the beach skirt tied at the side and I have a short dress. Its shorter than I'd like but I can use the sarong as a skirt instead and I have a long dress if I've got visitors.

Kiniki do a dress but I don't think it would be very flattering, so my next plan is to buy a couple of sarongs when they're on sale and ask my very good at sewing friend to use the fabric to run me up a dress to suit my body shape, and to the length I want. :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Because the times I did that in the past, my energy level cratered for the whole day.

Alex97232 likes this.
  16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Well, heck. A combination of working indoors cleaning out a house plus several days of rain/clouds has allowed me to catch a cold. And here I thought I was impervious. I was in a rural area, so my old remedies (iodine, silver) were not available. Just gargling in salt water. A couple days later we made it back home, at dusk. I quickly sprayed the colloidal silver, then realized that I would really make my throat an antenna for the air conditioning EMF. Oh well, I'll use iodine tomorrow. Sure enough, my sore throat got worse that night, waking me up a couple times. But dawn yesterday was clear and bright. I got some good red light in my throat (and nose, and ears) plus light at other times. My throat never bothered me again after that sunrise. I didn't even bother swabbing in iodine; it just wasn't needed. I'm still coughing occasionally, though. Is there a shortcut for getting sunshine to the lungs? My guess is that it would have to be red blood cells. But still, the T3 vertebrae nerves go in that direction...

edit: Perhaps sunshine on the sternum would be good for the lungs as well as the heart...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    caroline, Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've got to toss out more clothes from the closet. The other day I felt a bit of a 'cold sweat'. My hands and feet were chilled, but my torso was, well I guess the closest feeling is 'warm'. I changed shirts and felt fine the rest of the day. The stretchy shirt I had on was 51% cotton, the rest plastic. I guess I can no longer get away with wearing so much plastic. Are silk and wool more conductive than cotton? Flax should be similar to cotton, right?

18. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Trying to reproduce a cool visual effect, but it's difficult. On two hazy/cloudy days around noon, I was able to see tiny arcs of light in my eyes while looking straight up with the hazy sun in my lower peripheral vision. I had to focus to a point about at arm's reach. On the second occasion, I was able to see that the lights were circling many separate points in my vision. The lights lasted less than a quarter turn around the circles. It would help if I could see them again, because I think the arcs of light were running counter clockwise. Really can't be sure yet. The effect disappears about the time UVA light wanes. Unfortunately I could only look at the effect for a few seconds at a time. For some reason it was too bright. Perhaps my lower peripheral vision is not used to handling even decreased sunlight, and neither day did I see a good red sky in the morning.

caroline likes this.
  19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I have also seen those tiny lights ^^^ while looking out a window. But they were disordered. They went in every direction. Must be the glass polarizing the sunlight?

20. Emma Annan Alan

Emma Annan Alan Doggie Mom/wife/caregiver/investor

What state are you in? Love that you moved.