1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Goodbye City Life!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by nonchalant, Feb 4, 2015.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Jude! Sorry, I should find my old post and link to it. From trial and error I've learned that water, even disconnected from the Earth, will offer up electrons. The best evidence came from wearing a TENS device. I'd turn it down so that I could just feel it, and then try grounding in different places. The best grounding would make the TENS sensation quite strong. I discovered that holding my hands underwater in a bucket worked quite well. Removing my hands, and letting them drip, decreased the current, but it was still strong. Then I'd dry my hands and the TENS device would settle back down to a gentle sensation. I found that drinking a glass of water would also excite the unit for a bit. Oh, and I discovered that even fluoridated city water would ground me.

I haven't used the tens thing lately. I discovered that the wet cloth was enough to ease pain in my hand, similar to what a grounding cloth would do, but it took more time. So even that small an amount of water does some good. Water's amazing. I suppose all it takes is a thin layer next to skin to start building an EZ, and we can grab electrons from it at will.

Alex97232 and Penny like this.
  2. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks Non, you are very observant, well done......am going to try that:).

Alex97232 likes this.
  3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Well I sure messed up today. The sun was at about the 10am position, though artificial time was about an hour later. And it was so bright! I couldn't look anywhere near it. Even looking to the far right, with the sun in my peripheral vision, I had to blink a lot to see that tree. After a while, it was more comfortable, so I similarly looked to the far left, and that was way too bright as well.

What happened? I saw the sunrise as usual, outside barefoot in the first freeze of the season. I took my MB, had sardines for breakfast, and watched the sun for a bit while eating. But the day before, I promised DH that I would help him cut and split more firewood. So I did some laundry and dishes, kept the stove going and put in some leftovers to warm for lunch, and hung the laundry out on the line. But plans change, and DH had to do some maintenance to the chainsaw first, so I finally got a chance to do some sunbathing late in the morning. Guess my eye proteins didn't like the neglect. They just weren't prepared for the bright light. I think today I'll be cautious about looking at the sun, and be sure to get plenty of red light this evening.

4. Wendy Harris

Wendy Harris Silver

Wow.
    This post is amazing, i live in the city and drink water all through the night and had no idea why.
    I am thinking of moving to the countryside to...but would love some sunshine ( i live in UK )..
    Thanks for the info. Ive never been able to figure it out.
    I agree about seeing all night too if i drink all the water !

nonchalant likes this.
  5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

The red light at dawn and dusk is making enough of a difference for me to see the areas I'm missing. Need to turn sideways more and lift those arms!

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Crud. Now I remember. I watched TV the night before. DH had a movie on I'd never seen and I got involved, watching even after the sky got dark. Yeah, I had my UVEX goggles on, and my neck was covered, but that just doesn't seem to be good enough for me. My eyes still get bleary, despite blocking the blues. Silly girl.

Alex97232 and Jude like this.
  7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Now this is unexpected. My handwriting is improving? I was addressing and signing some greeting cards, and my writing wasn't cramped as usual. It looks more like what I want it to look like. I could write the word "Congratulations" and not have it start big but end small and nondescript.

I got excited, and decided to try a better test: write a letter. Well, it has improved, but there is plenty room for more improvement. But my handwriting in that note was better than it has been in years, and I didn't feel frustration with the process. It's like my brain no longer disconnects from my hand, leaving my hand to make do on its own.

Phosphene, Alex97232, Allin and 2 others like this.
  8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

In Reality 4, Jack said that the brain cells are designed to undergo autophagy, not apoptosis. I wonder what happens when things get so bad that the mitochondria in the brain start to signal for apoptosis. Do we also get a sensation of doom? Do we get increasing suicidal tendencies? Or is it just the lack of proper brain function and hormones and neurotransmitters that make people want to end it all?

I lost one family member to suicide years ago. It was so frustrating and baffling. Why didn't he just leave? Start over elsewhere? But a friend who knew all about those tendencies told me that it isn't so easy. They know their problems were internal and will follow them everywhere. But perhaps that friend was wrong. A new, more natural environment might make those issues simply disappear.

Phosphene, Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

How are you doing Sally????
    Merry Christmas!

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Merry Christmas Audrey! I'm doing well, but caring part time for my mother while my father is in the hospital with the flu. Who knew the flu could induce a coma-like condition. But I'm back home today, where once again it is winter in the house. (Can't get used to being warm at night in her house. Ugh.) Last night was so cold! I did finally warm up, but I didn't remember my grounding rope until early this morning. I'm out of practice.

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've been cutting back on nicotine gum, but was unable to drop it completely. Usually in the afternoon I'd really want some. Recently Jack said "Methylene blue oxidizes NADH into NAD+, and increases the NAD+/NADH ratio." Wow. I immediately thought about nicotine. So in addition to my diluted sublingual MB in the morning, I tried it at night and soon noticed a vision improvement while reading. Anything that boosts my vision is good. So the next day I also added it around noon. And I noticed my afternoon had passed without the desire for nicotine. Amazing! Thanks Jack for the Christmas gift. Nicotine is expensive, in more than one way.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...tralians-the-options.20398/page-7#post-230821

Phosphene, Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've been making DDW for a few weeks now, and I really like the improvement in taste. I've found that I don't always have time to make it like the instructions I found online -- freeze, strain, sunlight, shake, freeze, strain. So I just do sunlight, twirl in a vortex, freeze, pour into another vessel. It seems to work well for me.

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Found another use for my grounding cloth -- in winter I tend to use my clothes dryer for laundry more, which means static electricity. You guessed it, I dump the basket of clothes on my grounding cloth and fold them there. Works like a charm.

Sheddie likes this.
  14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Last year I noticed that every time I would sit in the sun for several hours, grounding and reading, that I would be stiff afterwards, and feel a loss of energy, though my skin and eyes would feel great. Even though I would be relatively far from the electric line. I got the idea that perhaps (gasp!) limiting grounding might do me some good.

For several weeks now, I have avoided daytime grounding except while looking at the sun. Night time grounding stayed about the same, about 30-60 minutes nightly. At first, I thought I might be onto something good, based on general energy levels, but later I realized why I was feeling so chilled. I couldn't believe I was feeling cold with temps above freezing. DH was often surprised when I would insist on building a fire in the stove. I would be okay outside barefoot, looking at the sun, but otherwise my cold tolerance plummeted. I was using some hot water in my showers, even, not having the nerve to face the cold.

I've also been spending some weeks lately in the big city, on and off, for family reasons. I couldn't wait to leave that perpetual summer in the middle of winter, but I came home and just about froze one night with just my usual two sheets. But the outside temp was just right at freezing. The next day I rediscovered my old fear of the cold, staying near the fire and dressing warmly. That just won't do. In addition, my energy levels haven't continued to improve. I think they are about where they were before.

So yeah, a big hack fail. I'll go back to my usual grounding. Perhaps being almost motionless in the sunshine for hours is a bad idea for me, lol. It was a big shock to me that I am not permanently impervious to the cold in this area after all.

Phosphene, Jude, Alex97232 and 2 others like this.
  15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've been working on making DDE (deuterium depleted eggs). Besides separating the yolks from the whites. Smaller eggs have relatively less whites, so that's another way. When you fry an egg, part of the white is viscous and stands up high, while a smaller amount coats the frying pan on the perimeter. I've decided that this thinner white might be what we want to get rid of, because it does not take part in the gel. So to that purpose, I tried straining the egg in a colander. It seems to work quite well; about a tablespoon of the white does not stay with the rest of the egg. The colander can be of the round perforations in metal type, or made from wire screen.

Ok, I'll admit, I never liked that paper-thin layer of white surrounding my over-easy eggs. It must be the bad stuff. :)
    Also, when I scramble eggs now, I strain the whole eggs, and then add additional egg yolks for a yummy treat. Don't forget a small amount of water to add EZ energy and fluffiness to breakfast.

Phosphene, brandie, Sheddie and 2 others like this.
  16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Often this past winter I have awakened quite warm and comfy. I'll be a bit disappointed as I walk through the house, because a fire in the stove for breakfast wouldn't be in order, since it's going to be a warm day. I'll go outside, and yes, it is not very cool. But after sun gazing a while, I'll notice my toes are cold. And my fingers too. I check the thermometer, and it's down in the 40's. It's cooler than it was when I went to bed, not warmer. So I get to light the wood stove after all. Come to think of it, it IS chilly in the house!

I don't remember anything like this last winter. Perhaps my cortisol levels are improving?

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, Jack, plants can too live under a tarp:
    [​IMG]

I saw some plants like these the other day. Couldn't believe it. Spray-painted plants? Blue? Pink?
    According to this article,
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/4801258/kosmik-kaktus
    "New spines emerge as a glistening white or golden yellow." (Instead of the normal green.)

So some plants can actually live under a tarp, as long as the resultant accelerated growth can punch a hole to allow its strange, off-color flesh into the sunlight. Guess those spiny tips can be useful sometimes.
    OK, now I look and it appears these succulents are CAM plants. Well, anyone who is a gardener would know what you get under an intact tarp. Accelerated, pale yellow or white growth for a bit, and then death. Tarps are awesome for killing large amounts of weeds. And they make a good compost underneath, as long as you don't mind all the fungus.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

Lol. <facepalm>

Phosphene likes this.
  19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

My neighbor calls this Sour Dock. It has a wonderful, tart, citrus taste.

100_2571.JPG
    I usually chew the stems a few times every Spring. This year I'm chewing it every day. Perhaps it's all the rain we had earlier, or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'll try making a lemonade out of it. That sounds awesome, and something I could share with other family members. I know they liked the sassafras root "tea" I made one year, and the red sumac "lemonade".

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

That's cool. I don't have that where I am.

It looks a little like sorrel : http://www.eattheweeds.com/sorrel-not-a-sheepish-rumex/

With taste profile like that I'd be tempted to use it interchangeably with lemongrass in Thai and other Asian dishes...

Keep us informed about your culinary exploration please.

Phosphene likes this.