1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Goodbye City Life!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by nonchalant, Feb 4, 2015.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

It's been a month now since we have officially moved to the country. Lovin' it.
    This morning I realized that I haven't been drinking water at night while in bed. I had previously been drinking up to a half liter of water nightly. I learned that if I drank only a mouthful at a time, I would only have to get up once for the bathroom. I was also a pro at drinking while laying down.

But in the past week, my water bottle beside the bed has been untouched, except for perhaps a swig before I climbed into bed. Really interesting.

I also checked my RF meter recently. The graph display while in the city usually showed a line about halfway up the screen. Now it almost doesn't read anything. My concerns about it not working anymore were alleviated when I took it to town. Oh yeah, working just fine.

Apologies to GreenAcres for the title of this journal, and hat tip to Audrey for her persistence. :)

2. cantweight

cantweight Gold

When I have high nnEMF exposure my thirst goes nuts! So does the childrens. We will leave a place and be completely parched, lips dry....like we just left the desert!

What a great sign :) Enjoy your sleep sans bathroom trip!

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is darn well about time Sally!!

nonchalant likes this.
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

Nice :) :):)
    I get so thirsty too.. and get craving for fat when I am in the city working......

Shijin13 likes this.
  5. Linz

Linz New Member

So pleased you have been able to move. Do look into growing your own veg biodynamically.

Interesting thoughts on thirst. I have never been thirsty at night until recently but now I wake up quite frequently with a very dry mouth. Living well out of town but all too close to the big city.

6. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Welcome to journal land Sally! I swear, when I read the title I pictured you holding a pitchfork... Maybe a new picture is warranted :)

nicld likes this.
  7. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Hey Sally….just for you a new Green Acres theme song

"Country Texas is the place to be..
    Low emf is the life for me.
    Shumann all 'round so far and wide,
    Keep dehydration …..just give me the countryside!"

8. nicld

nicld Gold

Living in the country is the BEST!!!! You will NEVER get me to move to a city, EVER!!!

Need some pics please :):):):):):)

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I'll have to look into the biodynamic method again, Linz. My family has had a compost pile all my life, so I've only been without one when I've lived in an apartment or dorm. And I sprinkle wood ashes everywhere, including the garden and compost pile. It's a good source of potassium to increase the pH of the soil here. The bluebonnets seem to love it (it's a Texan thing, folks).

I have pics of DH's garden last year, but I think they are on my dead laptop. I should be able to recover them from the hard drive one of these days...

Hope and Kristi Lambert like this.
  10. kovita

kovita Silver

Congrats to your fantasic move! I would never go back to city if I could!

11. Hope

Hope Gold

Fascinating, I never noticed a difference in the water intake.......until last week. I joined a book club and everyone there (not me, I no longer own a smart phone) had smart phones around. I drank my whole fiji bottle in the 2 hours - without even thinking about it......now I know why. Ugh.

SO excited for you....may I ask where in the country you live now?? (just the state is OK, or direction). Didn't you live near DC/Baltimore

Either way, CONGRATS!

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think we need a pic of you in overalls!

Curves and Kristi Lambert like this.
  13. nicld

nicld Gold

How close are you neighbors? Can you walk outside naked without anyone seeing :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: That is my next dream house, in 4 years. :):):):):)

14. Linz

Linz New Member

Had to look up the bluebonnets - beautiful blue lupins!

We use ash, compost and plenty of manure here. And now added volcanic rock dust, charcoal dust and use a biodynamic calendar, copper tools to preserve the soil's natural magnetism and play with the water. Our vegetables have had a really intense flavour this year.

I'm sure you won't have any time to spare just now but when you do Alick Bartholomew's book Hidden Nature is absolutely full of fascinating information about soil temperature gradients, minerals - and very many more of Victor Schauberger's amazing ideas for the world. Easy to read too thanks to being here for a while.

nonchalant likes this.
  15. endless

endless New Member

Congratulations! Country life is so wonderful. :)

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

We're still in Texas, Hope, but as close to Louisiana as we could get! No, we lived near Dallas. Just as bad.

fitness@home likes this.
  17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, they cover way too much! Well, I could cut off most of the legs... Great idea, Audrey!

18. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

No, I have to walk to the back pasture to do that, Nicole. :)

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Ubi6 has come out at a great time for me, since I'm going to be eating more protein for a while. I've decided to do a round of homeopathic hcg, now that we've moved to a better environment. I'm new to hcg, except for 2 pregnancies, lol!

I first took the sublinqual pellets Thursday night and woke at sunrise as usual, but I felt more upbeat and energetic. And I noticed a reduction in appetite that morning and throughout the day. So I ate plenty for the two loading days, but probably not as much as suggested by the diet. I'm using the HCG 2.0 book as suggested in this thread: http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/good-time-to-do-hcg.10811/ After reading it, I think I've been on the loading phase for years! Like others of the thread, I'm going to merge Jack's ideas with the diet.

Today starts the main part of the diet, phase 2. I ate a can of sardines (in water) within 30 minutes of waking, and followed it with a package of frozen raw shrimp, heated on the stove. Plus tea with MCT oil. 74 g. protein. I've started measuring my water intake again. I'll skip lunch, and have oysters and maybe a pork chop for dinner, if I can find some in the freezer.

I've been watching my nighttime EMF better lately, eating even earlier, wearing my orange goggles sooner, not using the computer after sunset, and going to bed earlier, after enjoying the fire. This winter we've been sleeping in a cold bedroom, which is often 40-50 degrees F in the morning. I sometimes wake up shivering, so I drag the second sheet on me, and usually one quilt, but before I'm asleep I usually toss the quilt off. And often the second sheet as well. So yes, the bedroom is gradually getting colder all night, but I must be experiencing fluctuating energy levels. Well, I'm probably gradually improving on my temperature regulation, so I'll be patient.

I am counting on sunshine, CT, grounding, water, & tensegrity to help me through the difficult parts of the diet, especially 5-7 days in, according to the book. We finally got some sunshine a couple days ago, it was heaven to bask in. **

Need to finish reading Ubi6. I also re-read Jack's blog on Adjuncts for the HCG diet. I have taken several of the supplements mentioned previously, but turmeric, seaweed, and green tea are the only ones I'm taking now. I've pared down the pills I'm taking; not sure I want to buy more. I am taking God's supplement now, after all -- oysters!

**Now that I think of it, I may increase magnetism at night as well. Before we moved we had 2 craigslist magneticos, one at each house. I have promised to give one to my sister, but she hasn't said she wants it just yet. I may put one layer of her set under our bed on the floor, for an extra boost. Sounds like a great project for a rainy day like today!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    JenRN, Cpt.Tired, Shijin13 and 4 others like this.
  20. Hope

Hope Gold

How cool, Sally. I wonder if the higher Hcg that women have in early pregnancy can lead to lower appetite too, not just nausea? I really wonder....

Good luck with this experiment!!!!! And how cool you're now closer to Louisiana!!!