1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Good time to do HCG???

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by nicld, May 12, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so glad that you are doing so well......

2. nicld

nicld Gold

I had this today and it was pretty good. Had the flavor of clam chowder. I did add some oysters and a hand full of raw scallops. I added some seaweed and it created just the perfect flavor.

Tonight will be fresh garden tomatoes with basil and some chicken.

3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I like it with a sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning on top :).

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

loaded for 3 days. seriously noshed some pork ribs yesterday - up 3lbs for loading... not worried at all.

ready to hit this with seafood!!! whoot!

Kristi Lambert and nicld like this.
  5. nicld

nicld Gold

^^^^I think that it has helped me too especially the raw stuff.
    Gretchen, are you going to eat salmon this round? I know that I can find salmon with minimal fat in it.

Mmmmmm, pork, I miss that. I think the first day of leptin reset will be pork for breakfast and fatty salmon for supper.
    I still need to get down and get some fresh oysters but still have been trying to eat the canned.

Did you also find that you had to adjust your thyroid meds? I have been getting the heart palpitations so I dropped my armour down this weekend.

6. nicld

nicld Gold

Only 2 weeks left on this round and it has gone really really good. I have not really had any anxiety this round due to not using the scale to judge progress. I have had days with some hunger but not too bad. I think it helped eating more protein and less fruit. I do mix my veggies and added some other veggies in too. Who wants just a spinach salad without a little garden tomato and onion on it. Also had vitamin zero water the whole time too. Not sure if it helped or hurt.

As easy as this round was the temptation to do another round right away to get back into the 12’s is very strong but I am hopefully going to resist. I need to be stable for a while and keep working on the gut so the loss will stick.

7. cantweight

cantweight Gold

My not exactly loading did not work out. I thought since I was cycling closer together I'd be ok to just eat a bit more than normal....first vlcd I was weak and shaky so did one load day and back to vlcd on the 11th. Down a little over 6lbs so far.

Doing well with any protein, some days heavier amounts than others. I eat 2 fruits or 1 fruit and 1 dk chocolate any in season fruit has been tolerated well. I am eating in season veggies mostly zucchini prepared with a little butter and onion.

Had a setback after spending saturday doing a shit ton of yard work, then hit the CT tub, and spent about an hour grounding that evening while playing some barefoot badminton with the family. Was up 1.5 lbs on Sunday....guessing it was all the exercise that bit me in the ass. It just felt so good to have energy I was compelled to use it!!! Down 3 this morning so back on track.

Need to make a batch of beef jerky for travel this weekend.

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  8. nicld

nicld Gold

Oh I hear you about the energy. I had so much on Friday and Saturday and did so much cleaning indoors and out (barn and garage) that I crashed a bit yesterday. I am so glad that I am not using a scale right now after the past weekend and that the cycle is coming a day early would hate to see what it would be.

Just made a batch of beef jerky yesterday too. Work great for the late morning snack. Glad to see that others are using zucchini too since it is in season. If it is not raining, I am going to grill some yellow squash on the grill with shrimp, YUM!!!!!

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

@nicld I haven't had to adjust my meds - at least the first time around.... I usually h ave to increase my meds as we come out of summer into fall... hoping enough seafood and DHA will preclude that this year....

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm also walking every day btwn 230-4 w/a coworker.... just for a sanity break...

nicld likes this.
  11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

this morning no ill effect of having BPC and sardines as part of my allotted foods. I seriously noshed on some fresh from the vine tomatoes a coworker brought in as well as a big freaking salad with tomatoes and cucumbers and home made turkey soup for dinner...

nicld and cantweight like this.
  12. nicld

nicld Gold

I will pretty much be eating garden tomatoes every day this week. I grew some heirloom's called Brandywine that are so so sweet they are awesome. Mixing them with tamed jalapenos, shrimp, baby scallops and oysters......yummmmmmmm. Then there all of the grape and cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and yellow squash that I have coming in. Work is going to be happy since I just cannot eat that much. Had grilled yellow squash with grilled shrimp last night. Can't wait to actually put some oil on them soon.

Gretchen and Christi, are you still doing some CT?

What kind is everyone taking? I am on hHCG pellets and think they are working great, much better then the injections I used my previous three rounds. I will be curious to see if I can maintain the loss (assuming the gut is getting better) using the pellets versus the injections.

13. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I am using ha2cg from desbio...I feel the same...like these drops so much better than the injections. I stabilized my 20 lb loss after the first round...that was so huge for me.

You HAVE to check out this book...HCG 2.0 Misty turned me on to it and I read half of it last night....fantastic stuff!

This doc recommends eating within 30 mins of waking, he is all about ketosis, wants the fruit dropped (of course no bread stick...does anyone even eat that anymore??) and protein upped, even allows for a little mct oil. He makes it clear that you can have much more seafood than beef....that all protein is not equal and that 100g of white fish is not the same 100g of beef or bison or chicken. He has had a ton of success using his 2.0 in his practice. I need to read the rest and then i am going to implement...it just makes sense based on what we all have learned and practiced here.

14. nicld

nicld Gold

^^^ Just got the book sent to my Kindle and I will look at it tonight if I do grounding instead of CT.

My issue of eating within 30 minutes is that I have meds to take and need to wait about an hour (Armour).

I think this round I ate maybe 2 oranges and 6 apples but alot more local strawberries that I froze and I am on day 28. Way less fruit then past rounds. I noticed that in past rounds when I calculated calories that 100g of beef has way more calories then 100g of seafood and always ate a bit more seafood but this round I have really upped the seafood. Oh and I am not following the guideline of not eating the same thing two days in a row. My tomatoes are so so so good now that I just cannot resist.

That is good news that your last loss stuck. That is my biggest fear that it will not stick again and that my resolve to not do another round until maybe February 2015 will not stick. I am hoping that I won't have to do one at all again but not holding my breath on that.

Alex97232 likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so happy to read what you guys are doing .... that book sounds very interesting. It sounds like some great ways to use hhcg ...and also incorporate everything we are learning here ...makes so much sense!

16. nicld

nicld Gold

I started reading this and it make sense. I was nervous about changing from the protocol too much but when he used it in his practice I feel a bit better about changing. I am ok with eating a bit more carbs right now since they are seasonal (aka what I can grow in my garden) but it will be different when I do a round in the winter. Then I think it will be almost no fruit and minimal veggies.

cantweight likes this.
  17. nicld

nicld Gold

So I read HCG 2.0 and it makes perfect sense to me and in my last 13 days I will be trying to follow it. This means that I will be needing to take my thyroid meds at a later time now in order to eat something right away, hope it works. This morning I had two pieces of left over venison and a piece of homemade beef jerky within 30 minutes. I still will have some strawberries but I do feel better about not eating fruit.

I am already looking into when I can possibly do rounds next year and if I do two more rounds before next July I need to do one in January and the next in May. I want to leave plenty of time in between to stabilize. Still crossing the fingers that I might not need any more. I think the winter would be a great time since I can do deep CT and eat ketogenic. Might need to go to the farmers market and get some tomatoes that I can make canned stewed tomatoes for this winter since mine turned out horrible this year and make my own sauerkraut.

I am kinda getting excited about coming off of this and going straight to the Leptin reset at least for 6 weeks. I am hoping after the 6 weeks I can start doing some workouts again.

18. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

Hi nicld,

Me too on the Armour thyroid timing--not sure what to do yet. Thanks.

19. nicld

nicld Gold

Hmmmm, I am on pellets for this round and I think that I got way more then I was suppose to have for a 40 day round. The bottle said 480 pellets which at 12 a day would mean a 40 day round. Granted, recently on some days I have only been taking 9 but I counted the pellets today and I have over 195 left. I thought I would be out of pellets on Friday but it looks like I can go another 17-22 days.
    I know it has been said that one should not really go over 40 but I am feeling pretty good, hunger in check so should I keep going and finish the pellets? It would mean that I would be on VLCD for 52 to 57 days.

I have not tried on any pants that I had to put away for getting to small yet. I am kinda scared to do it and they not fitting. I know I am no where near the 10's that I was able to wear for about 2 months after my last round. I am feeling way better though. Just crossing the fingers that I can keep it off.

20. nicld

nicld Gold

I am starting to take mine about 9 am. A good 3 hours after eating. We will see how it goes.