1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Good time to do HCG???

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by nicld, May 12, 2014.

1. nicld

nicld Gold

When is a good time to do HCG?

Quick background. I did 3 rounds starting in July 2012 and ending in March of 2013 and lost about 45 pounds. It stayed off for about 1 month then BOOM, rapidly put it back on. I did not over eat or eat tons of carbs. I used the hunger scale and was very away of my eating and proved that weight gain is not all about food. I did not find Jack until June when the gain was too much. I probably did not do some of the best things right off. Started IF right away with BPC, sleep was still crap and had SIBO. Started hacking the labs in July 2013 and have learned so much.

Fast forward to now. My sleep is vastly improved, have done CT like a mad woman (and loving it), my gut is getting so much better (regular in the first time that I can remember), drinking tons of RO water, reducing EMF (I know I could do better though), been eating more seafood and started eating more raw and have a Magnetico coming on Wednesday. My labs are better than a year ago but still need way more improvements (bun/Creatine still too high, thyroid still a bit low, sex hormones still low, cortisol and salivary melatonin were good last time I checked and need to checked this summer).

I am working with Dr. Tim on getting rid of some microplasma pneumoniae that seems to be the cause for my inflammation on my labs and why my sex steroid hormones and thyroid is still not where it should be. Also dealing with some fat malabsorption issues too. He said that weight loss cannot happen with this still going on.

The only thing that has not got better is the weight. I am trying to concentrate on the positives that have happened but it is hard when you are not the happiest with what is looking back at you in the mirror. I am in a much better state internally now I would like the external to start changing.

I have about 7 days to figure out if now would be a good time since I have something going on in the middle of July that I need to be in P4 or at least the last stages of P3 for. I know it works to get it off but I don’t want to do a round only to have it pile back on again.

Is it worth trying while working on the microplasma issue?

2. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I have spent the morning reading about desbio's Ha2cg....
    Was going to order the real stuff last night and chickened out. I had the same experience as you...a lot came off and a lot came back on, fast. I went back and read what tiny bit of notes I took and there was the same sentiment of hitting a wall day 21. I am wondering if smaller more frequent rounds might be my answer. I am also assuming one of my problems lies in being a poor methylator/detoxifier and too much fat loss was mucking me up big time. So i am going to give ha2cg a go with the detoxifiers they recommend....I dont put a lot of stock in homeopathy, not really sure why...has a hocus pocus quality to me, BUT....my func med doc from my lyme days that got me to an incredibly healthy state in some of the worst living conditions swore by them and I took all kinds of drops and crap. I got rid of H.pylori with these drops w/o any other abx. I also took these drops for all kinds of detox and couldnt say if they worked or not because i was using so many things....but they certainly didnt hurt.

As for your mycoplasma....are you symptomatic? Maybe ask Tim what he thinks of this product.... http://www.pureformulas.com/mycoplasma-10-vial-kits-by-deseret-biologicals.html#sthash.Q9rF9vOI.dpbs

3. nicld

nicld Gold

The only symptoms I have are poor labs despite taking supplements for what is low and the fact that the FAT won't leave. I was hoping all of the deep deep CT would have helped but it has not budged.
    He is having me get this stuff
    http://www.raintreeformulas.com/myco-capsules when it comes back in stock. I am also to take lauricidne for 3-6 months.

I feel I am in a much better place than 2 years ago, just don't know if it is good enough. I have a bottle of pellets that someone else I know used and they worked great for her. My previous rounds were injections.

4. cantweight

cantweight Gold

To me that says your redox is good enough that the mycoplasma is not causing you trouble. The only thing I would be careful about is detoxing throughout fat loss. I think this time of year is great since you can stabilize prior to fall. When sunshine and grass are plentiful to support.

5. nicld

nicld Gold

I got my Magnetico coming this week too and Dr. Tim warned me that there might be some detox that happens right away with that too. Need to really start guzzling the water and try to get the hubby to do the same.

It would either have to be now or closer to fall.

Thanks for the input since I just don't know what to do.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have used homeopathic in the past and loved them ..........

Have you been following Colleen Coble - she is a pro at HCG. She has a ton of experience with a lot of people and had lots of issues herself.

She thought that C/T mucked her up - I didn't really understand this at the time. I can't imagine doing C/T and HCG at the same time .... I was always freezing.

Any thoughts anyone?

It feels truly horrible to look in the mirror and not see the person we know we are. We all deserve to be the best we can be ... inside and out.

I am not sure that men understand this.....

Martin and fitness@home like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Just one other thought - I think Dr. Simeon's protocol is the gold standard - in my opinion of course.

I also think that you have to do exactly as he says - to the letter - when you come off it.

For me .... no fruit was a key .... and still is - way too much sugar and kicks up the sugar/carb cravings.

8. nicld

nicld Gold

Yep, I know of Colleen, when I was doing HCG I was on her forum. I stopped going to her sight a while ago. I did not agree with correction days after working with Robin. I did a lot of working on the head stuff it did not work for me anymore.

I was freezing during the rounds too but now the thyroid is better and I have done so much CT that I am hoping

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

That thing you did with Robin scared the crap out of me.....

10. nicld

nicld Gold

Yep but I so so so needed it. I am no longer totally obsessed and trying to kill myself to be thin. The negative self talk has got better but still rears it ugly head (like this weekend).

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

everyone has negative self talk at times .... please stop beating yourself up because you would like to lose weight.

Curves likes this.
  12. cantweight

cantweight Gold

If it gets in your head remember this....cracks me up....

I am not fat. I have fat. I also have fingernails. I am not fingernails.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love that Christi.......

14. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I never was cold while doing hcg. If I do another round in the future, oysters are going to be one of my daily meals as an experiment. Dont think they are protocol but from a nutrtion standpoint they are great.

Boy, its ironic that we were all on the forum Colleen manages at one time or another. I am still in touch with some of the women I met there.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  15. Stella

Stella New Member

Although I have never done HCG my husband is on his 4th round just now. He has had good results with HCG but as soon as he starts with the old eating habits he puts the weight back on quickly. Last time he did not gain weight after HCG for about 6 months. Then pressure at work, cortisol goes up and weight comes on again. I suspect he has low thyroid, as he has trouble focusing, brain fog and anxiety. I'm glad he listened to me and made an appointment with my anti aging doc.

In my personal experience I started the Leptin reset and lost about 15 lbs in about 45 days. But this was after I went to see anti aging doc and started thyroid and BHRT. Until then I was pretty much stuck at my weight for a couple of years, not that I was trying to lose it either.

Point I'm trying to make, if your thyroid is low, then maybe consider supporting your situation by taking hormones short term. It's made a world of difference for me. I finally have energy levels that I haven't had in years and probably normalized my metabolism.

caroline likes this.
  16. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I didn't have weight loss during leptin reset, although I felt much better eating this way. I agree with doing BHRT and thyroid replacement if necessary. My biggest Rx expense is the compounding pharmacy each month. BHRT and thyroid is compounded there. Just need to find my sweet spot and support my body so it can detox estrogen better.

caroline and Shijin13 like this.
  17. nicld

nicld Gold

I have heard that and been trying to follow that more and more. The negative body image thoughts are not nearly as bad as they were 2 years ago.

18. nicld

nicld Gold

That's just what I am doing now. Been on Pg and cytomel since August 2013 and it has helped. I think that when I started HCG I was in a horrible place hormonally. I had just trained and ran a half marathon 2 months earlier and now I know how BAD that was for me. I am way better then I was then just not sure if it is good enough.

Anybody else thinking of doing a round?

19. Stella

Stella New Member

I agree about the ill effects of over training. That will totally damage hormones. I'm sure that's why I'm still not where I need to be health wise. I spent years in gyms and crossfitting. Add to that low fat low carb eating and it has been a recipe for disaster.

I'm hoping my husband will be able to keep the weight off with this round of HCG. Good luck with your efforts.

nicld and Shijin13 like this.
  20. Stella

Stella New Member

Dawn you mention that you are trying to support your body to detox estrogen better. Have you done 24 hr urine to find 2/16 OH ratio? What are you doing to detox? DIM, exercise, etc? I spoke to my doc yesterday about having that test done once I finish titrating to correct dose. He has me going up because of AI joint issues.