1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Golden Tumeric Paste

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by fitness@home, Oct 18, 2014.

1. nicld

nicld Gold

^^^^^ Had this again for lunch both day's this weekend. It is so freeking good!!!!

Kristi Lambert and fitness@home like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I can't keep out of this stuff!!!

I put it in my coffee and tea too - and everything else it seems ....
    I just stuck my celery in it!

nicld likes this.
  3. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Oh wow that looks good!!!!!

4. nicld

nicld Gold

^^^^ It is :D:D:D:D:D

5. Robert_S

Robert_S New Member

Good post fitness@home. Apparently black pepper dramatically increases turmeric absorption as well. And decreases peroxidation of cooked meat? This sounds like a good thing to me.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25582173

I've always noticed increased inflammation from pre-ground beef (which I thought was from oxidation). Much less so, if any, from steak or roasts. But I do love a good burger every once in a while.

Will have to try a grass fed burger with lots of turmeric and black pepper pre-seasoned. With bacon. And a tomato with balsamic drizzled on it. On a lettuce wrap. Maybe drench it turmeric spiced ghee.

I also love the turmeric, ginger, coconut oil/cream, cardamom, combo. And extra curry powder. Makes me clear headed.

nicld and fitness@home like this.
  6. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

I can't wait to make this - the tumeric and the ginger root are fresh right? And the nutmeg, garam masala, cinnamon, cardomom, are dried spices? Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.