1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Going Naked

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Birdy, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Birdy

Birdy New Member

So, how many of you have changed your wardrobe? I am eying my sweater collection carefully, and frankly, the sweaters are getting nervous. OTOH, I have a new-found love for wool socks. I find I have been padding about with little clothing on, with the house at about 60-65 degrees, and I feel very comfortable all-over with wool socks. What changes have you made?

2. AKMan

AKMan New Member

We have a wood-burning stove. The room it's in has to be pretty hot for it to heat the rest of the house. So, as a compromise, I generally just wear a pair of shorts and no shirt or socks. My feet get pretty cold as the floor temp is usually around 50-60 degrees. I also walk around outside in the snow and cold barefoot every evening for a while.

3. I live in Texas, so definitely no more long sleeves for a very long time!! At work I have to wear pants, but as soon as I get home I put on a sleeveless T shirt and that is IT! I just parade around the house in my underwear. This also works wonders for my relationship! I sleep with no covers, windows open, and no A/C since its been so nice out. I don't know WHAT I'm gonna do when the temps get over 100 lol...

4. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I don't wear a coat outside anymore (but I'll wear a hat and gloves if it's really cold out), I dub around the house in a tank top or tshirt most of the time even though I keep the thermostat down around 62, and much to my husband's chagrin I've started opening the window at night when I go to bed...even when it's like 30 degrees out. ;)

5. shilohman

shilohman New Member

I am from Texas also, guess a lot of cold baths with ice in them. Oh well.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

been naked for 6.5 yrs.....welcome to the naked club

7. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

Even when drinking single vineyard reserve cab franc? :p

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The wine is gone and I am right now in the man room......naked listening to pandora heading out to the pool. I take no prisoners and give no quarter. Just finishing an optimal bulletproof coffee though. Have two big bio hacks to do in AM.

9. agatha

agatha New Member

I had to have an emergency dash to the shops a couple of weeks ago when I realised all my work clothes are too, too hot.

10. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I am finding that many things are too heavy, but I really like the wool socks. I think it is weird for me to be developing a dislike for cotton. It seems to clammy in the cold, and almost drippy when I warm myself up. I prefer thin polyester/nylon or even rayon in the winter.

11. jsrhoades

jsrhoades New Member

I get some strange looks from the morning walkers when doing circuits of the beautiful lake in my neighborhood. I'm wearing gym shorts, running shoes, and an iPod. It's 45-50 deg F. I'm wishing it were a bit cooler, but others are wearing sweaters, coats, and sometimes hats and gloves. The dogs are smarter. I took a pic of a dog swimming in the lake, chasing the Canadian geese and ducks. He was having a ball. He was in the water for at least of my two circuits, about 30-40 minutes.

12. MonteD

MonteD New Member

Do you realize how much ice were going to need in three months when its 110 outside... lol.

13. MonteD

MonteD New Member

Do you realize just how much ice were going to need in three months when its 110 outside... lol.

14. agatha

agatha New Member

Yes, my bull terrier used to always love splashing in icy water - it made him go completely mad with energy and exuberance. He didn't like a warm bath though!