1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Going from average to awesome Down Under!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Tjcam1, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Tjcam1

Tjcam1 New Member

Hi everyone!
    New to all of this and new to forums! Starting a journal to keep me accountable. Please feel free to provide (much needed) feedback, I love to learn!

Attempting the 90 day optimal reset!
    5'6
    58kgs
    32 years old
    2 lovely twin baby girls
    1 fab husband!
    Love to be inspired and hope to inspire!
    No labs yet- anyone who can assist with directing me to the most basic level of labs would be great!

Goals- to love life, achieve self love and self acceptance.
    To sleep better, be calmer, more energy and perform in the gym like a badass.

I start now!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome and good voyage........

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome - good luck on your journey! Where are you in Oz?

4. Tjcam1

Tjcam1 New Member

Hi Caroline, I'm in Ballarat, Victoria! Usually the coldest place in Aust except for this week! We are feeling the heat down here!

5. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Welcome! We've just about got all the states represented now..

6. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Glad you started your journal! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey Tjcam1.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I like new journals. Why? It causes you to reflect. Most of us have stopped doing it now because we have technology loading our heads with other peoples ideas........Every morning I post my best thought on FB and today I decided to put it here.

Have you lived half a life to this point? It is time to embrace the small area under the curve of life called the positive 3rd standard deviation. Who do you think you are ? Exceptional should be your only option. To live exceptionally in tail of life you have to have the gut to do what only 5% are willing to do to get it. If your life is severed short are you ready for that consequence? Are you even aware of this possibility? Are you willing to take the risk to empty all your pockets full of miracles to leave here on empty? Well forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on. Don't make excuses for why you cant get it done. Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen. Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. Today go get it.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is what the words ....."when you know better...you do better" means to me. Forgive yourself for your faults and shortcomings and mistakes and move on.

I love what you said "take the risk to empty your pocket full of miracles to leave here on empty" That is my new motto!! thanks...so little time - so much to do.....

I hope you are still going to post your thoughts on FB?

9. Tjcam1

Tjcam1 New Member

Thanks Jack and Caroline! I have absolutely been living half a life, based on others expectations! I know I can live better, be better and feel better and I have been scared to do it by myself, wanting really to just belong, therefore not living how I've needed to for most of my life!
    Now I have decided that its really ok to not always fit in, it's more important to me now ( motherhood has done this) to be inspired and to inspire, so that's what my aim is to do, alone, or otherwise. Wish me luck!

So I'm going to break this journal up into 5 parts- song of the day, vibe (my thoughts), food, training, and sleep. This is to primarily assist me in looking at the many facets of this reset, to stop me from just focussing on just one or two.

Song for the day- "Anyway you want it"
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=atxUuldUcfI&desktop_uri=/watch?v=atxUuldUcfI&gl=GB
    - try to watch this without smiling or grooving just a little bit!

Sleep- less than awesome, my girls had the most horrendous bout of gastro, which saw us into the emrgancey section of our hospital 3 times! The best effort this week was a broken 7 hours and that was after 5 days of not much sleep a all!
    Girls are much better now, thank goodness so we'll see.

Training- weight training 4 times this week with some HIIT and sprints. Cold showers every day for about 10 minutes. The C.T thing is so new to me so I thought cold showers may be a great place to start? I have felt exhausted most of this week so my training didn't have much energy, but I showed up and put on some tunes and I was good to go!

Food- eggs, seafood, nori, greens, avocado, prawns, scallops, tuna and salmon, oh and bacon and coconut oil. I am NOT used to eating like this but I am LOVIN it and trying so hard to not to count these calories in my head! I am a reformed (because I said so! ) binge eater/excersiser, low fat, fruit eating vegetarian, who weighed and counted everything for years!
    Did I mention I was also a 6 cups of coffee a day gal who never slept and was TOTALLY miserable. As I said- 'reformed'. Yep, as of today.

Vibe- I am hard on myself and have a 'parent type' voice that often pipes up in my head and says things like- 'don't do this, don't do that, try harder, that wasn't good enough.... Etc!' Hence my former binge eating/ excersising problem. I have absolutely had enough of this voice being the primary in my thought life (that pops up especially when I am tired), so I am counteracting this by practising mindfulness, and focussing on what I have achieved! This requires the most effort out of everything on my part. But I think it may be one of the keys to living optimally for me!
    I need to be the best person I can be to myself right now, regardless of all circumstances, especially to myself.
    Xxxxxx

10. Tjcam1

Tjcam1 New Member

Hi everyone,
    Thanks Jack for your thoughts! I absolutely have been driven in the past of what other people have thought/said what I should do with my life versus my own intuition and heart. Hopefully I can work in changing this over the next while!

To make things easier I'm breaking up this journal into 5 parts:
    Song for the day, 'Vibe' (my inner thought life), sleep, food and training!

Song for the day: Ben Harper - With My Own Two Hands -
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEnfy9qfdaU

Try to watch this without being slightly touched! I dare ya!

'Vibe' ( thought processes)- Have SUCKED for the most part this week! Does anyone else out there have an inner 'parent' voice that just sometimes just nags you constantly? I have found this voice to be louder than normal this week- "could do this better, shouldn't have done that, that wasn't good enough etc" these challenges can work to my benefit I know, but often it's just irritating! I also think this sets me back, and is definitely bought on by lack of sleep!
    My goal is to be a lot better with mindfulness and looking at achievements ( no matter how small) this week!

Sleep- was not awesome this week! My twin girls had terrible gastro, and so I was up most nights tending to them or worrying about them which couldn't be helped! They are improving wonderfully now in which I hope my sleep will too!

Food- eggs, prawns, oysters, tuna, coconut oil, bacon, avocado, nori, onion, chicken, and the list continues.....
    Big achievement for me was throwing my stevia down the sink and having 1 coffee! This doesn't sound like much but I used to be a chronic sweet tooth, 6 cups of joe a day gal! I also haven't counted a calorie or weighed a morsel which is HUGE as I was an avid counter before now- 3 habits have already changed!

Training- cold showers all week for at least 10 minutes. This is not much I know, I hope though its an ok beginning?
    4 weight training sessions incorporating HIIT and sprints! I never thought I wold enjoy a cld shower but I am totally addicted to it and the freshness in my body!

Also thanks to a tip from Inger I used seaweed on my face las night! Totally awesome facial ladies!!!

11. Inger

Inger Silver

Nice song Tjcam1, and welcome! You are doing so well...! :)

Instead of listening to this stupid "nagging voice".. live 100% each moment, I bet it will help! To put my focus on the beautiful things, and always keep my eyes on where I am going helps me..:) Life is NOW... You are so blessed to have those little sweet twin girls!

12. Tjcam1

Tjcam1 New Member

Thanks Inger! I will certinally apply this advice! Xx