1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Glyphosate IS IN ORGANIC FOODS! Opens gut / blood brain barrier

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Jackie Nelson, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Jackie Nelson

Jackie Nelson New Member

Oh my gosh ... glyphosate is not only in conventionally grown foods. It has become part of the water cycle and is also in organic plant foods (rained on). It's found in high amounts
    in breast milk of women who eat only organic plant foods. Glyphosate causes severe
    leaky gut ... opening our blood stream to toxins ... and it also opens the blood brain barrier. Hence skyrocketing chronic illness and dementia / alzheimers / cancer and more. Bone broth heals leaky gut and so does gelatin and other amino acids found in meat. This must be why carnivore works ... plus the benefits of using ketones for fuel. I don't know, however, if meat contains glyphosate ... will investigate. If interested, have a listen to Dr. Zach Bush / Mercola interview (before Mercola became carnivore) ... key points begin at 36 minute mark:
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/D2D6tfvnWeUB/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  2. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Have you seen this?
    https://justmeat.co

Carnivore seems to be the most sustainable elimination diet for a lot of people, allowing their digestive and immune systems to renormalize lots of ways, and a lot of people who have tried it are now doing what Paul Saladino calls animal-based, meaning as the digestion improves more kinds of animals foods like eggs or dairy and fruits and starches might become easily digestible again, and so then there's the discussion of assuming you're getting most nutrients from the animal foods what are the pros and cons of more or less sugars from fruit or starches that digest easy? Is very low carb (~5-30 g/day) better than moderate carb (50-150 g/day) if the moderate amount of carbs are easily digested? Saladino and some other carnivore people have learned about Ray Peat's diet ideas (some overlap with carnivore is saturated fats and cholesterol are good; animal foods like organ meats, eggs, raw milk, oysters are good to eat regularly for most of the nutrition in the diet), which include that it's good to eat 100-200 g + of easily-digested sugars each day. But one of the main arguments of Peat's about ketosis being harmful is that low blood sugar increases cortisol excessively and stresses the adrenals, whereas recent keto science looks like that's only (usually; rare exceptions; I don't know) during the adaptation to metabolizing fats phase, what people call becoming fat-adapted, and so after maybe a few weeks to get somewhat adapted or several months to get adapted enough to compete professionally athletically then low carb is healthier for the hormone balance and adrenals. I don't know if Ray Peat wasn't aware of, if there were any papers available about, those fat-burning adaptations when he was studying, or if there's relevant nuance to his thoughts about it that I don't know, but I think maybe the studies he was looking at were with people or animals who needed more time than there was for the study for them to adjust from glucose-burning to fat-burning metabolism so there wouldn't have been the adrenal stress response while they were being studied. Some athletes who have been strict low carb for several months (Jeff Volek studied these people and wrote a book about it) are able to perform as good as people eating lots of sugars, but some athletes say even after several months of trying to adapt to low carb they still perform better if they eat easily-digested carbs (honey, fruit, white rice, yams). I tried carnivore-ish (with eggs and kefir) for about a year and felt the most consistently athletic I've been (but also changed other stuff during that time -- inhaling Brown's Gas made a noticeable effect too), and then for the last half a year I've also been drinking raw milk that's not fermented and eating more fruit and honey, seeing how still mostly animal foods but with more sugars feels. I think the result of my experiment is that I've accepted I'll never be a professional athlete so it doesn't matter much short-term which way I eat. Maybe low carb protects long-term ways that'll become more obvious as keto/low carb science stays popular. I think the metabolic flexibility thing (I think Mercola wrote a book about it), being comfortable not eating sugars for several hours or days but also being able to digest those foods and eating them sometimes when there's a craving (and eating seasonally with genetics) is pretty good. I'm guessing that Ray Peat's argument in favor of eating lots of sugars because low carb would increase cortisol and adrenal stress long-term was probably a misunderstanding. But an important thing about keto science (the little I know about it; might want to check this) is if you aren't eating sugars, then some amount of the protein you eat is made into sugars, and so if you need 100+ however much grams each day of glucose supplied to the organs that need glucose consistently, then consider how much protein is available to do protein things after that conversion, and so 200-300 grams of protein each day for a normal size adult becomes not too much (I don't know that it'd be too much even if you're eating the sugars too, but especially when not eating the sugars then it becomes more necessary). I'm 6'5" and when I was doing very low-carb carnivore-ish, I felt much better eating 300+ grams of protein each day than 150ish, and when I eat that much protein some days now I crave fruit and lactose less (I guess because eating sugar directly allows for less protein to need to convert to glucose for the glucose-dependent stuff and so ~150ish grams of protein is enough to do protein stuff for that day then).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Jackie Nelson likes this.