1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Gluten Intolerance Probiotics

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by NotAnother30, Jun 16, 2012.

1. NotAnother30

NotAnother30 New Member

I was just wondering if anyone with gluten intolerance has taken probiotics after being diagnosed and if there has been any significant changes. I would guess that they should help some but I'm on the wire about taking them.

Thanks

2. zoebarry@yahoo.com

zoebarry@yahoo.com New Member

A blood test for allergies revealed that I was gluten intolerant. I avoid all gluten, if possible.

My doctor suggested VSL#3 probiotic. It is pharmacutical grade and needs to be refrigerated, but you do not need a prescription. Most pharmacies carry it but you have to ask for it. Interestingly, my first bottle was purchased from the doctor for $89 for 60 caps, but you can get online from VSL for less than $60 and I now purchase mine directly from my pharmacy for $53!

Yes, they made a world of difference for me. I have always have problems with constipation, but not anymore. This may be TMI, but on Thursday night, I went out for dinner and had a surf-n-turf dinner which was a steak and coconut shrimp. I think there was gluten in the breading. (duh!) Yesterday, I started having pains in my gut and a little gas. Last night it kept me awake somewhat. This morning I had a huge BM and feel great now. The probiotics definitely help getting the stuff out quick!

3. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

Agree, was diagnosed via enterolab and despite being gluten free except for X-contamination I have had constipation problems until I added in a probiotic and digestive enzymes.

eta, as the above poster my probiotic has to be a pretty strong one though before I see results, I use a 50billion strain probiotic

4. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Before I got on probiotics, a gluten experience would have me in bed for a week. Now, I can feel better in a day or two, without being completely fatigued. I've read you should switch your probiotic brands once in awhile, too, to keep your stomach guessing. I take 2-3 of the 50 billion strain myself, but I add in a different kind (only 14 billion) on occassion, just to switch things up. HCL and Super Digestive Enzymes also help with constipation for me.