1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Glass Candle Holder

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by ShellyFM, Jun 11, 2021.

1. ShellyFM

ShellyFM Recovering night owl and blue light addict!

Is it safe to assume that if using candles at night after sunset that you would not want to put them in a glass candle holder for the same reason as why glass windows cause blue light toxicity from the sun? Or do candles not emit blue light so they would not have the same effect as sunlight through glass? We have kids and dogs. So, I'm looking for the safest way to use candles and wanted to check on this before I got any.

2. I'm not sure what others will say to this but we are using a variety. Sometimes taper, sometimes deeper glass containers. I gave up on the UCO candle lanterns for several reasons, including feeling they were not safe (heat shield gets very hot). We also use red bulb night lights placed in low sockets. Here's my favorite: a beeswax candle resting in a sturdy clay pot with handles atop a little mountain of salt (fire stopper), and with a cover for snuffing out the smoke when you blow out the candle. Hard to knock over and easy for kids to carry. No glass. 3A6F826D-65E0-4CE7-876B-1391C6A4DEC6.jpeg Also, I was worried about the dog but he seems to know to steer clear (once he investigated and discovered they were hot).
    PS...I sense that you are very detail oriented and a planner and that you want to get this "right." Just know it takes time and we are all still learning.

caroline likes this.
  3. ShellyFM

Wow! That looks great! Where did you get it or was it something you just kind of put together?

And yes, you're right, I do tend to study everything and figure out the best way to go about things. I realized with all this that it will probably be lifelong learning, but that's been the case with just about all changes we've made to improve our health. I definitely never want to stop learning! :)

Christine Renner and caroline like this.
  4. You're doing great!

The little clay pot was an odd find at some random place. I think I put salt in it when I was smudging and trying to make a safe place to stand up the sage. When we were experimenting with candles it seemed a natural place to try out a tea light. Those tea lights are pretty cool btw...Serenibee, the company that sells them, also sells re-usable metal cups that are really well made and sweet looking.

5. ShellyFM

We found this, and so far are loving it! It's more sturdy, given the way it's made, than a separate candle on a holder, which I always worried was more likely to be knocked over. However, this has a pretty sturdy stand and holds onto the part that's lit. It also goes out when it burns down to the holder. Each inch is about 20-25 minutes of burn time. So, you can decide how long you want it to burn. We put it on top of a tall study cabinet in our family room, and it provides a decent amount of light to help facilitate the kids getting ready for bed, dressed in pjs, brushing teeth, etc. It's a beeswax candle, too. So, hopefully it's healthier.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LWVEW0

Christine Renner likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Candles using beeswax are healthier.
    We had some discussions on that in the past.
    Alibaba was selling at a good price, but eBay is not so bad either.

I see were few honey bees or any bees this year.
    Not pretty.

upload_2021-6-20_11-20-19.png

upload_2021-6-20_11-22-6.png

7. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

JanSz likes this.