1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Give me your best shrimp recipes

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by AnnieW, Jan 24, 2014.

1. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Shrimp is about the only affordable shellfish we can eat right now, and I always find myself making it the same way.

I have recipes for coconut shrimp, shrimp scampi, and basic shrimp cocktail. I've added the Louisiana Shrimp recipe into my Pepperplate account (by the way, Pepperplate is AWESOME and free!).

I'm just looking for some alternatives to the old standbys.

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

3. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Fantastic! I've never made Indian food before. Can you tell me, how does turmeric taste? I can't say I've tried that either.

4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Tumeric is mild and savory, not spicy. It will add a golden yellow color to the dish. Haven't made this in a while.

May put this on my menu for this weekend :)

5. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I might too! I have a bag of frozen shrimp I need to thaw.

Keep the great ideas coming guys!

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

From frozen I rinse off the glaze and just chuck them in boiling water. Then I drain them, and stir in garlic butter and sprinkle on one of my seaweed sprinkles. Hot seafood breakfast in minutes! :cool:

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I always turn my hands yellow too!!

8. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Shrimp...or anything really, with Thai Kitchen green curry paste is very yummy. Saute, add the paste and you're done...or add some coconut milk as well if you like it milder and creamy.

Nueng KetoDaddy likes this.
  9. reseaview@yahoo.com

reseaview@yahoo.com New Member

Steam/Boil - Add fresh minced garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh mint, basil and cilantro, S & P olive or coconut oil lemon/lime. Fresh and simple.

10. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!