1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Girls in dresses....

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Mar 7, 2014.

1. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

I'm not sure about the impact of the thread. Last summer (so before this thread was started) I bought a dress one day and wore it out of the shop! LOL The day had started out cool and cloudy but had gotten much too warm for the blue jeans I was wearing. The shop was one that sold Indian cottons and the dress was a lovely bright red one from the sale rack out front. When I put it on, I knew it was for me.

I would like to say that this thread may not have been the direct inspiration, but being a member of the community here is definitely part of the story. I have this glow, especially in the summer. And my skin looks great. And well, even being modest, I have somehow developed this "hot" body. LOL I caught a glimpse of myself reflected in a glass door as I was walking up the stairs of my back deck wearing a bikini the other day. Hey, when did I start channeling Bo Derek in "10"? :D Well, maybe Bo Derek with an A cup... ;)

Stella and caroline like this.
  2. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Yes, I adore thrift stores. I love how there are treasures to be found. I'm usually pretty lucky at finding things that I will enjoy wearing. And sometimes you can find some really nice Italian leather shoes with leather soles...

3. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Audrey, I often find myself thinking about the person who first bought an item that I see in a thrift store. It is surprising to me how many of the items are in excellent condition. Did they like it in the store and then decide that it didn't look great on them when they got it home? Are they so well off they can afford to get all new clothes every season? Or did they give it as a gift to someone who had to pretend for a while that they liked it or that it fit? LOL Oh and there are always some items where you can NOT imagine how anyone actually could have decided to buy them in the first place...

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I wish I could shop in a thrift store ..... clearly I need to shop with you!

everything always seems so icky to me and the shops smell - but I continually talked to random people and will compliment them on something they are wearing and they will tell me they bought it at a thrift shop for $5.00...
    and I go WTH - what is wrong with me.....

Cin ....I love how you are loving yourself ......that is a pretty great takeaway from jackkruse.com!!!

don't you think???

of course .... now you do know .... we need bikini pictures!

and please tell us more .... how has your body and mind changed?

5. Stella

Stella New Member

I have to admit that this thread was one of the inspirations behind me hitting the stores for dresses. Also I've lost 15 lbs so went down a size. My shopping is seasonal so in anticipation of the summer heat, I hit the outlet stores and ended up paying an average of $25 per dress. I have bought mainly sleeveless knit dresses that can be washed at home. BTW I share Audrey's sentiments about thrift stores.

Cinnamon, I too have seen changes in my skin, hair and nails. Also changes in body composition. I've always worn bikinis but I'm looking better than ever. And feeling great and most importantly my brain is working again. Must be all the oysters and the BPC.

caroline and nicld like this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I can confirm that Stella looks great in a bikini! I do have pics ...but she made me promise....

7. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

The other week I was at my psychology tutorial which was mainly about behaviourism/positive reinforcement (ie use reward to increase the frequency of a particular behaviour). Our tutor told a story about a guy (I think he's a psychology author) who did a guest lecture for some psychology students. The students decided to play a little trick on him. They had a young attractive women wearing a low cut dress sit in the middle of the front row. Every time the guy would step to the right she would lean forward to reveal her cleavage (as a "reward"). By the end of the lecture the guy was way over the right-hand side of the stage up against the wall... and had no clue as to how he ended up there! :oops::eek:;):D

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hilarious!

9. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Sounds like really good clicker training to me…..

10. Josh

Josh Gold

"You can't tell people their brains are broken until you can tell them why"....Boom

June 2014 Webinar....

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

What a great story Honey! The power of a low cut dress! ...but we already knew that! ....what fun!

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Lately - I have been thinking I want a red dress.....so I guess it now has to be short and low cut!

The other day Stella emailed me a photo of a new dress she had just bought ..... you guessed it ....an awesome red dress!

Is red a significant colour???? :p

13. nicld

nicld Gold

Yes I think it is a symbol of a woman who is vivacious and full of energy. I think you need to get lots of red dresses.

ps I have started wearing dresses around the house and gardening commando, hubby likes.

caroline likes this.
  14. shoalie

shoalie New Member

Up late, reading through all of these posts!! Love Them, compelled to jump in.. Just recently a guest at the Biltmore, and granted access to Mrs. Vanderbilt's private stash of dresses. A whole Room
    of Steamer trunks dedicated to transporting one dress each. Just kept thinking.. "I'm glad we're not doing this anymore!" Made me feel like a light traveler with my one humble suitcase!
    Feeling, "all girl, all the time".. Mann.... I love nice dresses & clothes ~ Knowing its all frequency ~ we are all naked..
    Like to keep a balance of knowing that it wasn't so long ago, that my gender was not even allowed to vote! LOL
    Was also very saddened to see the news story of the woman who was recently stoned to death for loving the wrong man outside of family and society expectations. Why wan't the man stoned to death?
    and her crime? She loved.. That takes me to my knees..
    On a lighter note, also read the story of the couple who just gave birth to twins.. They were born holding hands.. Isn't that cool!
    xo for tonight everyone!!

caroline likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Oh my ..... A short, low cut red dress .....commando........I am up for it!

Having said that ...I was at Bondi today .....and I really have to learn how to negotiate a short dress when it is very windy! That is a skill I have yet to master!

16. nicld

nicld Gold

Definitely need a picture when you get one.

One like this would look great on you strolling down the beach.
    red d.jpg

17. shoalie

shoalie New Member

Commando!! LOL.. Thinking we all need some sexy red dresses ~ change our avatars!! (although I'm headed more towards the red hat category)..
    Love that Dress!!!

caroline likes this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Nocole - that dress is great!

19. nicld

nicld Gold

Saw it on ebay.

20. Stella

Stella New Member

I think red has a significant meaning. It is warm and energizing, maybe calling us to action, certainly an emotional color. Reminds me of a bullfighters cape!!

Here's one of my latests additions to my wardroble. Fits nice and looks really sexy. Got to watch out for those bulls!!!!!

red dress.JPG

nicld likes this.