1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Girls in dresses....

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Mar 7, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

some stuff smells so offensive and overwhelming .... I mostly always feel that way about women's perfumes.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I love the natural musk of a lady in a dress..........while she is running on the beach into a sunset..........

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

so - just to be clear ..... no perfume, no underwear, no shoes .....

Dr. K. - do you use cologne? does Sandy wear perfume?

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I wonder how horses react to perfume?

5. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

They are not attracted to chemical smells…but many people do aromatherapy with essential oils and have a lot of success. When they like an oil they usually try to eat the bottle! Horses like garlic and bitter herbs to eat, so they must not mind the smell. I love the smell of horses breath after they've been eating spring grass…very outdoorsy and fresh…and the smell of a barn full of animals is just about the best thing ever. My one and only contribution to this thread….it's been a great source of entertainment and laughs…thanks everyone!

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Nice Pic Sarah!

What about dogs and cats?

7. Inger

Inger Silver

:) :) :)

Seahorse... I love how horses smell too.. and my sheep..yum! I love to smell my cats fur too.. she kisses me a lot and she smells so good :)
    Natural scents win over unnatural every moment for sure. I love flowers that smell good too, I often buy me tulips, put them in my living room and smell them when I walk by... and I stop and smell the wild roses in the neighborhood when I walk by

I loved what Jack wrote above, I think I will ditch the use of perfumes all together ;)

8. Inger

Inger Silver

I do not like too much how dogs smell.. but I guess it is the feed. Like human. Some smell so not good :( maybe when we are very much in unbalance and eat lots of crap we smell bad too

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I always stop and smell all the flowers as I walk to the ocean....... it always seems a shame to walk by without touching and smelling and enjoying.....

10. nicld

nicld Gold

I stopped wearing perfume quite a while ago and I think I may have forgot to put deodorant on yesterday. I mentioned this to the hubby and he checked :eek: and said I smelled as if I did. :rolleyes: Oh I am so glad that he loves my pheromones.

I still have to wait about 6-8 weeks till one of my favorite smells appear, LILACS. Oh and fresh cut grass and right after a rain storm. At least I have put the sheets out on the line already and they smelled SO GOOD.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nope

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

When we first moved to Oz .... I was helping my daughter with laundry. And she asked me to hang stuff on the line. She was killing herself laughing .... She said "have you ever done that before". My answer ..Nope!

Now - I never ever use the dryer ....I am always smelling the sheets and towels .....simply awesome!

13. nicld

nicld Gold

Oh now that it is getting warmer I will not use the dryer either. Just wish I could get the hubby to use the line more since he does laundry during the week,

14. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

So, I have a dress story.

I was shopping last weekend in a thrift store - and I saw this dress. I really liked it, but it looked like it was for a twenty-something to wear to a cocktail party. I decided to try it on anyway. Of course, it fit perfectly! It had these tiers of fabric that floated out and moved like peacock feathers. Amazing! I agonized for a few minutes thinking I have no idea where I would wear this and then decided to go ahead. It looked fabulous and at $7.50, a steal!

Both the clerk and the woman in line behind me literally gasped as I put the dress on the counter. I said I didn't know when I was going to actually wear it, but that I liked it. They both agreed that it was gorgeous. And the woman behind me said, "Why wouldn't you wear it? You should wear it for a hot date tonight!" I laughed and blushed and protested that it was probably not age-appropriate, but that I really liked it. I don't think they believed me when I told them I was 51. :)

I know Audrey is going to say she needs pics. So here they are. On seeing them, my mom wanted to know when I was going out dancing...
    :D

peacock combo reduced.jpg

15. nicld

nicld Gold

That looks AWESOME on you and I think it is very age appropriate. Nothing is hanging out and it is longer then your finger tips. So freeking cute. You go girl.

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, Cinnamon, you look gorgeous in that lovely dress! Great find!

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are stunning Cin .... what a beautiful woman in a beautiful dress!!!

Did you go out dancing? I can't wait to have coffee one day with you!

It would be interesting to know - would you ever have bought that dress if it wasn't for this thread???

so many important thoughts have come out of such a simple premise about a "dress" ......so much more than I could have possibly imagined.

I learn so much here - every single day ....and not always from the blogs..... don't tell Jack! o_Oo_Oo_O

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Cin - please use that pic^^^^ here - You always are so kind and generous .....and that is reflected in that picture.

19. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Don't you love thrift stores? I call jokingly call them "Lord & Taylors" if someone asks where I got that... I recently found a very nice dress for work and a pair of capris with no stretch in them. Sometimes I can't stand the stretchy feel of the blended denim.

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I was thinking last nite ...as I was falling asleep ....I wonder what stories that dress could tell? I wonder where that dress has been? I wonder what body it caressed? What amazing parties it has been to .... or did it hang in someone's closet unused and unloved.......

I do want y'all to know I generally have other things I think about before falling asleep ..... a little more interesting things ....... :p