1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Girls in dresses....

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Mar 7, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I guess this is a slightly frivolous question .... but we don't seem to have a new blog yet......

Do guys like girls in dresses?????

I have noticed since wearing dresses lately ...... things have changed. I probably haven't worn a dress in 20 years.

I seem to feel quite different about myself - way more feminine..

I do look okay in jeans and t-shirt because I have long legs and am pretty narrow .... it is something more - much more.

Do guys really love a girl in a dress?
    if so - why?

How do the girls feel in a dress?

and then there is the question of high heels..............stilettos or otherwise????? How high do you like to go????

Do you feel differently in a dress?

I find there is a huge difference that I wouldn't have expected..........

2. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Depends on the girl, and depends on the dress :) Assuming both of these criteria are proper given the environment, yes:

-a dress will typically allow more skin exposure, vs. something like a pants suit. Visible (healthy) skin can be alluring
    -a dress will accentuate a proper walk - its like allowing your hips to extend/flow to the bottom seam
    -a dress typically goes along with someone who has put some time/effort into their looks that day (otherwise they would have just put on pants)

Heels are OK for special occasions, but to me heels are an anologous for being less in touch with nature... distancing from the ground in an impractical way. Makes me think that we would not have much in common, since I strive to be barefoot when society can't dictate otherwise (can you run down a beach with me wearing those stillettos!? ;) ). Also, being 5'9" male, much height in heels and a female can quickly become taller than me. This is notsomuch an issue for me since I know their real height when they take them off (reading this a second time, I realize this is irrelevant without knowing that I am mostly attracted to shorter females..), and I do not particularily care what others think. But I have dated some females that didn't wear heels because they like the idea of the man being taller.

3. Martin

Martin Gold

"Do guys like girls in dresses?????"

Hell
    yeah.

Helps to celebrate/accentuate/demarcate what's different between men and women. For instance, if I wore one, somehow it just would not be all that attractive. You, on the other hand...

Heels, meh.

NSH

caroline likes this.
  4. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Ha, how about the females share their perspective of this...!

I believe the following would be accurate, but please correct me if wrong:
    Man in dress = out of place in societal norms.
    Man in kilt = badass.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Funny you brought this up.........I just told my wife and one of her friends that women are crazy not wearing dresses..........they differentiate a women's assets and they really turn me on.........the clothing fashions for the modern women are horrendous. Part of the reason I like the south is the girls here still know how to rock a dress.

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Love to wear a dress but the shoes have to be dainty and slightly high as well. As the silhouette of a dress is flirty they cannot be clodhoppers but do not need to be stilettos. Stilettos are limousine shoes for when you are exactly aware of how many steps you will be taking. For some reason flats only work on young girls with dresses, older women need at least a little heel . Older women I am talking 30 and older which is not to say old ,just not 19 anymore. For older women the sexiness is in the cut of the shoe, cute thin little straps etc to offset lack of heel height.
    For the guys , we do not only dress for you but also for our peers. For example we do not wear Crocs with a sheath dress so as not to invite the comment from our girlfriend "what's with the clodhoppers,they ruin a sensational dress "
    Ya see dresses are multifaceted and complicated so appreciate them when we wear them.

caroline likes this.
  7. Josh

Josh Gold

I lived in a place where everyone wore long robes for 3 years and it was wonderful. Hopefully fashion will evolve in that direction...

8. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

I'd try it. When I move to the mountains I will likely be found in tatter gym shorts, with rarely anything else on (if you can find me!!). Maybe cargo shorts... more pockets to carry tools

EDIT: maybe this? http://www.utilikilts.com/company/products/kilts/workmans/

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I love wearing a nice dress. I especially love my Power dresses/skirts that I'll wear for business meetings. As one of very few women in the world of Logistics and Transportation with my experience. I've found that most people ignored me when I wore pant suits. but If I wore a dress or skirt with a nice top and a killer pair of 3" heels. 1. 2. 3. all eyes on me for my presentations. And people remembered me, and my talks.

However, I'm most comfortable kicking around in a pair of worn jeans, or a pair of yoga pants. I'm queen of comfort! I really wish I could pull off a maxi dress, but alas I'm too short!

Sheddie likes this.
  10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

FWIW one time I saw this pair of shoes I. HAD. TO. HAVE. Chartuse green, with a spiral of zirconia - 3" heel. Bought the heels. spent 3 yrs waiting until I found a dress to go with them. I will be back in that dress....

It a damn HAWT dress that accentuates all the assets, and hits just above the knee. and well CHARTUSE Green. not many women can wear that color but I sure as hell can!!!

nicld and Lahelada like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nothing is better than a low cut dress and a smile.............

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Now that was a long term logistics project - kudos sister!
    Love that colour ,washes me out though :(

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I somehow get the definite idea that life turns you on ..... That is what I have learned from you in a nut shell!

What about a great pair of manolos????

Do you like a pair of those wrapped around your ears? As in "50 shades of Gray"

I seem to be channeling you lately. ....is there somewhere I can go for treatment???

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

You notice the smile???

Underwear not necessary either I guess.....

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Pictures ...... or I can't talk to you anymore ...

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I guess I better donate my skinny jeans to goodwill ....and go shopping for dresses - NOW!

Seriously, men and women both notice a girl in a dress!

I like All this attention ...... A lot!

You were going to have to scrape me off the ceiling before .... Now ..... I think I can fly to the States ....without the plane!

17. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Or perhaps, a red dress and a lot of shoes.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Wow Peter - you have outdone yourself ....... I need to get myself a red dress and red shoes and ..... red panties too!

What an incredible body and legs ..... and everything!

19. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

This is a tricky one...

Since i spend so much time in different elements i see so many beautiful females that is adapted to that kind of environment, clothes matches their person. I mean at the sea, swimsuits and surfing gears. At the boulder spot, baggy jeans with a snug fit razorback top. When running, just shorts and a top. The list goes on and on, but a key element is always some skin or a lot of it.

In the world of performing arts, you can build a character with clothes... That is what i like with the idea of dressing up, you should add on to the person you are OR the one you like to be.

Just something that clicks with me...

http://instagram.com/p/ehI4rIyoJS/

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

There is a lot of neat stuff here....

Joshua says that a girl in a dress shows she has taken care ....I think so too. It is super quick to pull on jeans and a T - no thinking necessary!

Lah thinks a sensational and flirty dress is multifacited and complicated so we better darn well appreciate them! and high heels are limousines - I like that.

Gretchen says she is more respected when wearing a dress instead of a pant suit ......I need to think about that more... but maybe with heels on - She can be seen above the table???

Jack likes dresses - especially low cut ones and on someone who is smiling ....... it is really great to know that he is a man first .... and a Doc second! all work and no play - yada, yada, yada...

So - are we saying that in a social setting a dress wins hands down?

but - in the work place? ........... guys would like the girl in the tight,short skirt and even tighter sweater?

nothing has changed .....sigh

But I am really, really glad that I have discovered dresses .... oh yeah!

When I met my Canadian friends in Sydney awhile ago - I was sliding out of a bench seat and looked up to see Brian [a Doc] looking at my legs - I loved it!
    He is so used to seeing me in chef"s whites and probably didn't know I had a body let alone legs! He has probably been so worried about me for a very long time......:cool:

I guess it is an occupational hazard with Docs ...... they need to make sure our breasts and legs are okay and we don't fall over and hurt ourself ??? :D

Would we have it any other way? I sure wouldn't ....... It is very nice to get an appreciative glance now and then ...... from both men and women.....

I do like a guy in a kilt :p

It is pretty nice to appreciate one another when we have taken care with our appearance.

I just realised something ..... Jack put that in the sex webinar! holey moley - can't I go anywhere without him in my head??? I may need an exorcist ....

I cannot believe how I start out in one direction and always end up back here at - the quilt!

and He thinks I am not paying attention..........sheesh...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014