1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Getting Rid of Melatonin Supplements

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by matthewsb77, Mar 15, 2017.

1. matthewsb77

matthewsb77 New Member

Hey guys! I've recently learned through Dr. Kruse how bad it is to take exogenous melatonin. I've taken it for about 8.5 years. The last two years, due to some severe health problems, I got very little sleep of any kind. Then, finally, after incorporating Jack's work (light environment, Magnetico, etc.), I'm finally starting to sleep consistently. I have had dreams three or four nights in a row now. I haven't had that . . . ever.

My question now is, how do I get rid of the melatonin without going insomniac again? Obviously some of you will disagree with this, but getting sleep is more important than being perfect and not taking melatonin. However, I want to detox from using it in a way that will allow my body to start producing its own again. How should I go about that? Assume I'm already doing everything else correctly with light, magnetism, water, EMFs, etc. and that other sleep aids don't help. Assume this is going to be more of a process than an immediate cold-turkey. Thanks!

(Phrased in another way, how important is stopping melatonin use in the hierarchy of important things to correct in order to be well? Obviously sleep is at or near #1.)
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. matthewsb77

matthewsb77 New Member

By the way, I don't find that relaxing herbs or teas, progress relaxation, or any other supplement helps me, except Diphenhydramine citrate (Benadryl, basically, which I'm sure is as bad as or worse than taking melatonin).