1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Getting pregnant and low vitamin D

Discussion in 'Female Quantum Biology' started by Dottie, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Dottie

Dottie Silver

Hey guys,
    I was hoping to get some help and feedback on my journey getting pregnant.
    My husband and I live in Central Florida and have been trying to start a family for over 2 years now. Quick back story for context:
    My husband and I have worked hard to improve our light environment, which we started about 2 years ago as well. We both have our blue blockers we wear every night. We have a blue blocking orange film on our TV to help with light on our skin. My husband has changed most of the lightbulbs we may use at night to orange or red lights if we aren’t using candles. WiFi and electricity in our room is turned off every night when we go to sleep. Basically we have tried to make our home as “safe” as we can. We both left our previous jobs in an effort to better our health and our lives. I currently work from home. We try to see the sunrise every morning, I have lost 15 lbs, however even with the sunrise and all these positive changes we are still having trouble getting pregnant. Additionally, I always seem to struggle with low vitamin D (even when I feel I am getting plenty of sun). Recently we went to a Fertility Clinic.

My labs from that visit:

Vitamin D - 18ng/mL
    TSH - 1.67 mIU/L
    Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies - 1 IU/mL
    Progesterone 13.05 ng/mL

The doctor wants to put me on 50,000 vitamin D 1x week, as well as perform an HSG test. I am a little worried about dye being injected though the cervix for an x-ray, but am not sure. So far, everything else seems ok. I have pretty regular periods, ultrasound is okay, I do not have PCOS etc. I feel the HSG test is the last step to rule out any additional potential problems, but I am worried about the harm it could cause - especially if the low vitamin D could be the real culprit here. Thoughts?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

John Schumacher likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

1. Paffoni et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014; 99(11):E2372-6.
    2. Ozkan et al. Fertil Steril. 2010; 94:1314-19
    3. Rudick et al. Hum Reprod. 2012; 27(11):3321-7.
    4. Garbedian et al. CMAJ. 2013;1(2):E77-82.
    More Cites for you to review

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This is EXTREMELY low.
    Not much progress since you had asked a similar question on this board 20 months ago.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/prenatal-vitamins.20702/#post-232528
    JanSz, Jan 14, 2018
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Raising vit D should happen gradually, and by exposure to sunlight.
    First, you must build up solar callus. Otherwise, the skin will burn, and cancer may be not far away.
    It takes one whole month of incremental exposures to build solar callus.

Have you done any of the tests I suggested in my post in the link above?
    If you did, post them here.

Eating Paleo is ok, better EPI-Paleo.
    but
    If you are not yet, think of your self as a carnivore.
    But concentrate on animal fat (energy) and organs (details).
    Leave most of the muscle meat for dog food.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Personally, I would rather avoid Fertility Clinics. Little prospect for a HEALTHY child.
    You love your future child.
    He/she should be served by you with good health or not be born at all.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^BOOM

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  9. Saichi

Saichi New Member

So tell us how "safe" your environment is. How many background microwatts you getting during the day and night and how often do you use wireless devices?

I know from personal experience turning wifi off just at night, which I did for about six months, is far from sufficient.

10. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

this was interesting... midway - on fertility clinics. as a health care professional.. there is no reason for this not to be true.

11. Dottie

Dottie Silver

Dr. Kruse:
    Thank you for the cites! The vitamin D seems to always be an issue for me. My lab work dating the last 10 years reflects low vitamin D, regardless of the amount of sun I get. Is there something else I should be checking that could be inhibiting my levels from improving?

JanSz:
    I as well do not favor fertility clinics. I went since nothing I do seems to improve my levels, and being that it has been so long, I wanted to ensure that I do not have any other medical issue. I understand that vitamin D should be built up over a period of time, however, despite the amount of sun I get, my vitamin D levels have been low for nearly 10 years.

Saichi:
    As far as environmentally “safe” goes: I use that term loosely because I realize that it is a hard thing to achieve these days. However, my husband continuously monitors our home with a Cornet meter and Trimeter to see if we are in a good range. As far as wireless device, I probably average use about 4.5 hours a day. I know that is a little high. When not in use, we keep our phones away from us, charge it on the other side of the house at night, and for over a year now we turn our wifi off not only at night but also when not in use in the day. We also replaced all our lightbulbs and have blue blocking orange filters on our TVs.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The vitamin D seems to always be an issue for me.
    My lab work dating the last 10 years reflects low vitamin D, regardless of the amount of sun I get.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    It would help if you could provide more details.
    Existing lab reports.
    Hours of daily sunlight exposure (while mostly naked).
    Diet

What are your Total Cholesterol and vit A levels?

13. Saichi

Saichi New Member

There's your answer. Depending on the device 15k to 250k micros non-continuously through your body cumulatively for years.

And relatively good range versus actual good range.

You should check out the sixth great extinction thread on this forum, most people educated on the condition of the planet have been made the decision to not have children. I was uncertain 15 years ago, I became certain 12 years ago. But this isn't to say we shouldn't be concerned with our own health with time we have left in human form.

14. Mary B

Mary B New Member

This explains how important Vitamin D is for you. Very interesting from neurologist Dr. Coimbra.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That is good advice.
    Better advice would be to say to take that amount of vit D using cod oil.
    Even better as a cod liver in its oil.

Other than vit D tend to (oleic acid)

upload_2019-11-4_8-16-36.png

16. @JanSz - As you know, my vitamin D levels are in the 90s; what has worked for me may not for others.

At the 38th latitude, UVB is only available during late spring, summer and early fall. I have supplemented my UVB for over ten years with a light room. Since UV light is typically only available during noon hours at this latitude, I try to limit my UVB supplementation to this time frame. The protocol duration can be short; longer sessions can slightly burn; I stand within a foot of the emitter, focusing most of the light on my tarsal, slowly rotate myself around, "counting to 20" before moving to another section; the duration varies depending on the time I can commit to this intervention on any given day; a typical session for me is 20 minutes.

@Dottie - Oral supplementation has never worked for me.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  17. @JanSz - I love your question: What are your Total Cholesterol and vit A levels?

If an individual's diet does not supply adequate amount of healthy saturated fats, the liver will not have the basic building blocks for our vital (essential) cholesterol metabolism.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  18. Kai-Robin

Kai-Robin New Member

You would need to consume 125ml cod liver oil per day.. Think that is around 4,5 Oz.. wouldn’t that be overkill ?

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Depending of how often you would eat that amount.
    Why do you measure your vit D level (numerous times) and figure a proper dose that works for you.

20. Kai-Robin

Kai-Robin New Member

I was more thinking about that you get 30 grams of omega 3 in that amount of codliver oil....