1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Getting off adrenal support

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by LisaLearning, Dec 31, 2015.

1. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Hi all,

I've been on methylprednisolone for several years (3mg) due to having rock bottom morning cortisol figures and before that was on various adrenal support formulations, not really knowing why my cortisol figures were in the toilet until I found Jack's theories.

Every time I have tried to wean myself off the methylprednisolone I've managed to give myself some major cold. And I'm the kind of person who (for most of my life) never got sick - I would get a cold maybe once every 5-7 years, usually after some stressful event. But when I don't have enough cortisol or thyroid, I can get these long-lasting colds (I once had a single cold that didn't leave for a whole quarter of the year).

Two weeks ago I was down to less than 1 mg of methylpred each day (one corner of a 1mg section every three days) and then I stopped, and of course, now I'm sick.

I'm trying to take some pregnenolone (50mg) every other day, thinking maybe if I had some extra substrate I might make enough cortisol on my own, and I'm getting a good dose of light most mornings. I think it may be keeping the cold moderate, but I am still shooting myself in the foot adding the pregnenolone?

Any suggestions?

2. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Hi sorry you're going through this... are you CTing? I think I remember understanding that CT is the part of the protocol that raises and normalizes morning cortisol big time? It also ups the immune system...

3. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Hi, I am CTing, but sunlight is my priority, so that happens most days, and the CT happens maybe 2x a week. I was lucky and I started feeling better pretty quickly, but now I need to wean myself off pregnenolone!

4. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Ugh, well, after being off the tiny bit of methypred for a few days, I started waking up with headaches each morning, and then started getting blemishes on my face. Then my lips felt very dry.

Normally I associate these symptoms in myself with low thyroid. I never otherwise get blemishes!

5. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Has anyone gotten off a cortisol replacement, and/or transitioned to cycloset? I'm taking about a third of a 1mg pill of methylprednisolone, and when I try to stop I feel ill, and my face breaks out, and lips get dry. Is there any option other than CT first thing (which doesn't work with my schedule bc I get up between 6:00- 6:30 and leave about 7:15)?

6. Alla_Ellis

Alla_Ellis New Member

Never took cortisone, but I have bottomed out a few times. For me that was either due to too much sugar in the diet or too much T3 thyroid medication. Himalayan or Real salt in water really helped manage some of the symptoms (dizziness upon getting up from sitting) while I was recovering my adrenals

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Lisa hard to do when in a low quantum yield place FYI

8. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Alla, I don't really have postural hypotension anymore. For me it seems to be manifesting in hypothyroid symptoms even though I think I have enough thyroid in my blood (my reflexes are pretty fast) so I am concerned perhaps there is not enough cortisol for receptors as I have been ramping down on methylpred that my doc had prescribed (from 3 mg down now to .5mg). Blood work soon will let me know more, but this is my sense as I have experienced all these different states, and so this is how it seems to me.

9. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Jack, since you mentioned this to me a couple of weeks ago, we've been thinking of trying to get away to see friends in Toulouse and I will see if I can drop the meds after a week or so without getting ill.

10. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

PS the weather has been absolute shite the last few days! Rain, rain, rain. :tears: Sometimes we get a spate of beautiful days, like last week.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We have been in the sun big time here.........FYI.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I like this idea a lot Lisa.

13. Hi Lisa :)... or take an Easyjet to the Brits' favorite island in the med... and let's go to the beach together...

LisaLearning likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Now there is something to add to your life! Beach. I get to go in 3 weeks! I need to recharge.

15. For an understanding of the UK "rain, rain, rain" I would suggest looking at this

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I saw a few posts on this ^^^^^^ that a friend sent me in a group he moderates. He asked me to comment on it but so far I have stayed quiet........

17. Dr K : I for one would be very interested in your take.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

EU is doing more and more bioengineering.......

19. Maybe so.................but usually anything the EU does is some function of the US and also here we are looking at 'geo -engineering' not so much 'bio'. In general at least in public the EU has been 'slow' to go along with the US GMO agenda. Who knows though what is happening behind the scenes.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

EU is not doing as much as we are........but their space agency is driving it as NASA is here.