1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Getting back to a normal weight from the other end of the scale

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Hemming, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Yeah. It was more that it was like when most people get on the scale. You see a number and move on. I feel a lot less stigma about it now, it was a very simple, but for me profound, experience.

caroline likes this.
  2. Hemming

Hemming New Member

And I've really learned the importance of getting good salt. As soon as I get enough my performance feels so good.

caroline likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are making great progress! proud of you!

Keep posting updates - it helps others.....wether positive or negative - it is a journey.

4. nicld

nicld Gold

I just cannot do it yet. I even avoid them at the doctors office. Maybe next year. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

5. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I don't want to step on the scale multiple times per month but I know feel that I have control of how the scale affects me and its not the scale telling me how to feel.

I was at the hypnotherapist yesterday. What an experience. We went back and talked about the time when I was home alone with my dad and he collapsed, that experience has 'haunted' me ever since. I went back with my present self and told 10y old self that I did everything I could at that point. I feel so relieved of that burden and I'm able to see myself differently, even physically I think I look diferent. We also talked about eating with feeling guilty etc.

caroline and nicld like this.
  6. kovita

kovita Silver

that is great! i was myslef evaluating brain conditioning therapy such as hypnotherapy some time ago. It is pretty scary to realize how much past events and memories do interfere with our present life. Since i have children myself I do think often how many "wrong" memories I already seeded in their little brains. My girl aged 5 remembers events that happened when she was less than one year old in stunning details. I myself feel like there is a huge gap in my brain regarding childhood. I remember few things but there are whole years of my life i hardly recall any details. Maybe there is not a gap after all but rather an intention. I am finding out for myslef now i can handle my past ghost just by my own. It poped up as a "side effect" of my multilayer intention to get well that led me to completely different life and made me a different person in many ways.

7. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Children remember so many things. Even today I remember details of so many situations and when I told mom and dad they can't even remember the situation. I believe its very important to notice what your children take away from different situations. They might experience something you don't even notice. I don't think anyone thought about that it was a highly traumatising situation for me to watch my dad lifeless on the floor. I'm not blaming anyone for this, I would jsut wish that I had taken action myself sooner.

I honestly feel different and think thatt I look different. Its easier for me to eat, also in front of other people. In the next couple of days I'm going to try self hypnosis to see if I can get to the same state and work more with my memories in various situations.

caroline likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

So good Hemming .....great progress!

Hemming likes this.
  9. notsoperfick

notsoperfick New Member

I'm so pleased at your progress Hemming, you've moved on such a lot. Perhaps a way to address the little voice in your head is to carry something round with you, a little precis about how important it is not to look back? Something like these:
    One day at a time, this is enough. Don't look back and grieve over the past for it is gone. Do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
    You'll never see the great things ahead of you if you keep looking at the bad things behind you. You are exactly where you need to be to reach your goals. Everything you've been through was preparation for where you are right now and where you can be tomorrow.
    Don't look back, you're not going that way.

Write them on a piece of card and when you doubt or the voice starts speaking, top up your determination with a quick read to remind yourself that yesterday is not how you live any more.

Hemming and caroline like this.
  10. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Very nice words and thanks for the support! I've previously done something like that but I really like the way you phrase it :)

I feel so much better overall. I feel free of the guilt and shame. I feel that I can do what I want, not what I think everyone is expecting of me. I feel like I've found myself again. I know there will be bumbs on the road but there's no reason to be concerned about that now. Now I just want to move on.

Inger and caroline like this.