1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Getting back to a normal weight from the other end of the scale

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Hemming, Jul 4, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Thomas .... so glad you have found power lifting and a supportive community.

How is your Dad? family?

2. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Its November and nettle season is over :)

Cabbage doesn't hurt me as such - the dose makes the poison. The problem is that I'm hungry so I want to eat as much as possible but I'm afraid of getting fat so I eat low calorie foods (even though its a stupid idea and it doesn't work).

The family is doing really good. This Sunday my niece is being baptised :)

caroline likes this.
  3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hemming good to see you.
    Re the cabbage maybe pick on a different vegetable as it contains a lot of sulphur. Sulphur is good for us-see latest blogs-but your system may not be ready for that much.Jack once said that organic herbs are a great food ,especially oregano.

4. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Its not cabbage as such. Its any low calorie vegetable. Its a way I'm trying to trick myself.

nicld likes this.
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

time to stop tricking ;)

I have started some lifting too Hemming, I like it :) just doing it for a week or so and can't wait to see body changes :) and it does feel good :) I am not overdoing it tho....

6. nicld

nicld Gold

Been there.

7. Hemming

Hemming New Member

There is nothing I would rather want than just eating without worrying about it.

nicld likes this.
  8. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Thanks for chiming in Nicole, its always interesting to hear from someone with similar problems.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

we all have similar problems .............

10. Inger

Inger Silver

I too had an ED.
    The thing I needed to do to heal was to stop doing what hurt me. Stop buying and eating trigger foods...........
    I have gone through just the same struggle...........
    It is easy when you know what is the triggers. Then it is just to stop. To change the habits. But it will not change or get better if i go on doing the same stuff
    It is all about decisions...... IMHO

11. Inger

Inger Silver

Here are still fresh nettles around..... and many :) maybe by you too? Chickweed is growing everywhere too.... and dandelion..... :)

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

me too.....

13. Hemming

Hemming New Member

That's exactly right Inger and I'm trying to do exactly that. I'm trying to change so many of my habits. Instead of mindlessly thinking I have to do certain things I'm thinking "does this make me happy?". I'm challenging all of my beliefs and realising that things can be different, that I can enjoy life too. I'm telling myself that I don't need to choose suffering anymore.

Regarding the nettles, I've been looking for them without luck :) All the trees here look so barren now.

Lahelada and Inger like this.
  14. Inger

Inger Silver

Love it Hemming :)

I was for a walk in the woods at sunset right now and picked me some wild herbs... I usually eat them right away but to have some in the fridge to munch on is okay too :)

[​IMG]

Here I have put them side by side so you can see them better, 7 different kind of herbs. Love them all... i eat a few from each, I think variety is great :)
    they are pretty powerful so you do not need much either!

[​IMG]

Are you living in north or south Denmark? I live 30 minutes drive from Danish border.... :) you might be able to find the same herbs by you?

fitness@home likes this.
  15. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Very impressive selection! I live in Copenhagen and I'm getting quite curious now as to finding some herbs here in Denmark :)

Moreover, today I came to think of what you said about changing habits. Instead of looking at myself naked in the mirror and judging my mood/self worth etc. based on just how I look I decided not to look in the mirror and just feel whatever I feel. Tomorrow I'll try not to look at myself in the mirror and instead just go with it. I've been so tired of constantly measuring myself by my sixpack when no one else cares about and I really shouldn't either.

caroline likes this.
  16. Inger

Inger Silver

I am curious if you will find any there :) I think you will! At least in spring time... in spring the wild herbs are the most delicious - so crispy, mild and yummy!

If it helps Hemming..... The boyfriend does not have any sixpack at all.... actually a little mushy belly...lol but I could not care less.. I love it all :)
    good idea to stop judging in the mirror ;)

caroline, Hemming and fitness@home like this.
  17. Hemming

Hemming New Member

It sounds silly but it does help. For me the body image is not about attracting women, its about living up to an ideal and doing everything right thinking that if I don't have the body of Apollo I'm a failure.

18. nicld

nicld Gold

I have been working on the metal issues of my ED since March 2013 when I saw someone for it (video is on my first page of my thread). For the past 20+ years it was all about getting skinny. If I was skinny life would be great and everyone would like me. Granted I have been with my husband for over 26 years so I really was not trying to attract a mate. It has been a struggle but when I started to realize that my friends and coworkers like me for me and not what size I am I was able to start getting rid of the negative body image voices.

The thoughts are still there but I am able to squash them a little better now. That is not to say that I would not like to lose more weight, I do and will, but it is no longer all consuming and I am no longer hurting myself to attain something that I might never be able to attain.

caroline, Jude and Hemming like this.
  19. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I know exactly what you mean. I also no longer want to hurt myself and I want to feel better but the little voice is still there. Its getting better and better. Actually I've received so much positive feedback on how I look now compared to when I wasn't even at my lowest.

Keep it up Nicole! For me it also helped to talk about it and be honest about it. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts, its really helpful - maybe even for you too to talk about it?

20. notsoperfick

notsoperfick New Member

It's good to know that you are still around Hemming. I'm curious about why people class themselves as having an ED just because they're fat, is that the way they classify themselves or what they suppose others think? I'm not happy being fat, it impacts on many things, I don't have what I would class an ED, I have an inability to be strict with myself which is where I see the difference between me and say, Hemming. I don't think you have an ED either Hemming, your issue manifests itself as the manner in which you use control to deal with whatever it is that bugs you. I don't think you have an issue with food, it's an issue with your psyche and how you deal/dealt with it. I'm really pleased you have made so much progress though, I hope the weight lifting goes well, I always enjoyed the challenge and though it never changed my weight, it changed my shape.

Hemming likes this.