1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Getting back to a normal weight from the other end of the scale

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Hemming, Jul 4, 2013.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

We'd love to have you here in Texas. Were you the one asking me about shooting a 50 cal. rifle? That'll take your mind off most things...

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I would still love to see you do a movnat .... and drive yourself physically .... and learn from Erwan....:)

His brain and his physicality is very important to him..... and honour and honesty and integrity.

I have a sense that you worry a lot about money? You have said that you have a really good job?

3. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

If this is true, about job... Then you have me in a frame of yesterday. I promise you that going from high roller to broke is not bad, you start to make changes when you let yourself go...

4. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Audrey don't you think that Erwan is just exercising a different form of control to Hemming? Doing movnat would, for me, be about challenging this tired, fat old body, it would be fun and taxing and many other things, at the end of it, however it turned out, I would be able to settle back into my usual life. Hemming, I think, is missing something from his life, when he moves on, it shouldn't be temporary, he doesn't want to go back to his old self he wants to be like Peter, find the right place that makes him happy and relaxed. It may be under his nose or he may have to move to find it.

5. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Ok, to make it clear... You can not go back and look back only. I think a couple of steps back is ten steps ahead if you understand what is missing. Like you said, everyone MUST find their own passion. What i do, i would not force anyone into...

Movnat, is a mindset for me... When someone is making a business of something it gets a little bit to much for me. But in a world of today what he is doing it is most natural... What i would do IF you would like to move and explore the details of live i turn my nose to, Frank Forencich and his http://www.exuberantanimal.com/index.php#.Uy9ln61dV8c

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

No - I don't agree Sue .....it is about caring for your brain and body and pushing yourself physically and challenging yourself mentally and physically. ..... but it is done outdoors in nature ....redox potential! It is all done on an individual basis - for each of us to challenge ourself to become a better human .... or to become the human that we want to be. of course we may fall back into our old ways ..... but that isn't what this journey is about ...just my opinion of course!

Thomas has to find it for himself - of course ....as we all do.
    I just know, for me, when I have been really challenged physically - my mental state soars.....

The three legged stool!

7. Josh

Josh Gold

It is about resonance, not muscles....consider this story...I believe Wang is 70 and Bruce is 19...

http://www.energyarts.com/wang-shu-jin-master-chi

Taoists train at 70% effort so they never trash their redox and build their vibration/qi/resonance/ez zone over their muscles. When they are advanced, they can move and maintain structure without muscular tension. Tell me how they do that? I have seen it so I know it is possible, cats do it too when they are healthy.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I agree Peter ....we must find our own passion .......I just think that first big step is hard ...and someone to help and guide is good too....

9. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

How fascinating Josh!

I think maybe we are all saying the same thing in different ways .......

We ned to change our mind and change our thinking and challenge ourself - whatever way works for us.
    I think any change is better than no change.... baby steps........

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

dancing on the edge of your ability ..... that is what I am talking about! How beautiful and fascinating....and the music - wow

she has so many great thoughts..... Peter- do you know this gorgeous, lovely woman? and the puppet and 24 people working together.... This is life... as it should be.
    I guess I think we need to find that thing that makes us escape our reality sometimes and soar to a new dimension.

Peter - what a beautiful woman ....she should be wearing a dress tho!!

I still need to see your eyes!

dancing is a ride! ... The guy said ..."low hanging fruit" where have we heard that?

12. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Given my current physical abilities I'm not doing a MovNat :) Some day...

I worry about money in the sense that it pays my bills. Yes, I do make a pretty good living but I've also found out how incredibly boring money really is. It doesn't matter to me how much money I have on my account as long as I have the freedom to what I want.

13. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Hehe, that was me. I guy I spoke also said that I could shoot and RPG!

14. Hemming

Hemming New Member

That's exactly right. I also see MovNat as a vacation kind of thing - not something that fundamentally changes my life.

15. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

That i can wish for. She is one of the most talented choreographer in modern dance, works a lot with my favourite company netherland dance theater.

16. Hemming

Hemming New Member

@prAna303 I know what you mean about going back in life and realising where I got sidetracked. I did that with a therapist last summer and that opened my eyes to so many things. As I've previously mentioned I think a big part of my eating disorder is the manifestation of PTSD from being home alone with my dad when his heart 'stopped' because of an irregular sinus nerve. Since then I've avoided situations where I'm not in completely control (which is a lot of situations). I can now see how that episode had such a huge impact on my life afterwards.

Contrary to you, I still need to have that eureka moment where I figure out what I really want.

17. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Just keep asking questions and you will find answers.

18. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Yep, I've been working a lot on that by talking to my family and psychiatrist about how things got so sidetracked (and still are). I'm also thinking a lot about why I behave as I do in specific settings and that has also made me realise some things.

I just got back from vacation with the family and that was also a good opportunity for everyone to connect more and to some extent explain how I feel.

19. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I haven't updated for a while because I haven't been that good.

Lately I've felt a general lack of energy and confused in some way. On top of that, I've lost some weight again and I feel like I've relapsed to a lot of the thinking I had 1.5y ago.
    Right now I'm trying to get my head around all these things and figure how I go from here.

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Thomas ..... have you read Jeremy's story?

I am so glad that you popped in.... thinking of you....

How is your family?