1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

German Chocolate Mocca Torte with loads of fat

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by Charlotte, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

ok Bobbi, here goes, just took it out of the oven to cool down.
    You need for the cake:
    16 eggs
    400 g dark chocolate (possibly with Stevia as it brings down Carbs)
    550 g peeled almond flour
    peel of one fresh lemon and orange (substituted this for candid lemon peel)
    2 tablespoons of cinnamon (any other spice is great too such as pumpkin pie spice but I like the cinnamon)
    Stevia

separate 11 eggs and add 5 whole eggs to the yolk. Beat until very fluffy and add Stevia, (as much as you see fit) lemon and orange peel and cinnamon. Before prepare chocolate by putting it through a shredder or grater. Then add the chocolate, keeping a little bit for decoration (3 tablespoons)
    let it mix for a while and then add the almond flour, 500 g. Let it stir until the batter gets dark. Meanwhile prepare the pan (european style with the side to take away) by greasing it well with butter and take 50 g of almond flour to cover the floor and the sides.
    Now beat the eggwhite and fold under the batter by hand, careful not to break the eggwhites.
    Put in the pan and stick in the oven. Bake at very low temperatur (max. 150 °C) for app. 1,5 hrs.
    Take out, take away the side of the pan after a few minutes, put it on a grid to cool down. After cooling down wrap it up and keep it cool over night.

I calculated the Nutrition facts for the cake: 622,65 g of fat, 346,15 g of protein, 63,2 g of carbohydrates

For the frosting you need:
    700 g of butter (Kerrygold is best as is soft without salt)
    300 g of dark chocolate (same recommendation as above)
    500 g of Mascarpone
    Stevia
    2 tablespoons of freeze dried coffee

Beat the butter until real fluffy with Stevia. Melt the chocolate in a waterbatch and add to the butter, then add the Mascarpone and the coffee. (Instead of coffee you can use any aromas, that you like such as Nutaroma, vanilla, etc.)
    Let the mixture cool off a little and meanwhile cut the cake into 3 layers.
    Then spread the cream onto the layers, putting one layer on top of the other and keep some for the outside. Then spread the cream on and around the cake still keeping some for the decoration. Sprinkle the chocolate bits left over from the cake on top and on the sides of the cake. Now put the remaining cream into a Piping bag (am not sure if this is the right word) and decorate little stars or whatever you like on the cake. Decorate with Mocca beans or real coffee beans.

Nutrition information for the frosting:
    Fat: 910,1 g, Protein: 31,58 g, Carbs: 47,05 g.

Total Nutrition information: Fat: 1.532,8 g, Protein: 377,73 g, Carbs: 110,25.

This cake makes easily 20 pieces as it is very rich. So per piece you have: 76,64 g fat, 18,9 g protein, 5,5 g of carbs. Ratio of fat to protein: 75% fat and 25% protein.

2. diane

diane Gold

Sounds amazing Charlotte! Thanks for posting!

3. OMG!!! I want to make this tonight but I don't eat almonds. [​IMG] Thanks for posting. It sounds like a good gluten free dessert to bring to friend's homes.

4. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

You can make it with any nutmeal if you do eat nuts at all.

5. kathylu

kathylu Gold

You can make amazing cakes with coconut flour or a mix of nut meal/coconut flour too. Check out "Cooking with Coconut Flour" by Bruce Fife.

6. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

So, here it is. Some pictures of the German Chocolate.

7. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Beautiful cake Charlottte [​IMG]

9. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

I am not sure, why it worked once, but not know. I keep trying

10. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

I try to upload a picture with the inside of the cake to see the layers, but somehow, it is not doing it.
    It is really delicious, but a little dry. So I think I need to add a little butter to the nuts and have more egg whites to make it softer.
    Ahh, now it seems to work.

[​IMG]

11. .... and DH and I did have it ..... Yummmmmmmi!!!! Its a true fat-bomb!!! [​IMG] Charlotte - you are an amazing cook! Tanks!

12. Braden

Braden New Member

I try to publish an image with the within of the dessert to see the levels, but somehow, it is not doing it. It is really delightful, but a little dry. So I think I need to add a little butter to the almonds and have more egg white wines to create it smoother. Ahh, now it seems to perform.

13. suse1023

suse1023 New Member

oh gosh this looks amazing! would coconut sugar work as well as stevia in it?

14. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

Ingredients such as glycerin or honey attract moisture so its possible either might make a moister cake. Leaving the unfrosted cake overnight in a tight container with a wadded up damp paper towel might increase the moistness.

There's a cake called La Leche Cake (iirc) in which the cake is soaked with milk before serving. I wonder how that would turn out with coconut or almond flour.