1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

George Papamarkos' journal

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by George Papamarkos, Nov 6, 2017.

1. A bit delayed introduction of myself, may be due to my tendency to avoid talking for myself :) but better late than never. So:

I am George and live in Athens, Greece. After following Jack for more than two years and I've decided to join as a Gold member last June.
    I was always aware of the health and environmental issues, but I got really serious on it, since after my Crohn's diagnosis back in 2012, after my left knee got swallen for no obvious reason.
    Since then, I have arthritis in small joints , my right knee - since 2015 - has arthritis (swallen and painful) -becoming hard to get rid of it - while in parallel caused me sacroiliac joint dysfunction and pain.

I follow Paleo Rx with seasonal and local organic foods (mostly), a lot of seafood and local grassfed-only meats (mostly sheep and goat) with only a few breaks in special occassions (birthdays etc.). I also, do 16h intermittent fasting almost everyday, and once a month I do a 36h complete fasting (water only), and twice a year i do a 4 days water only fasting.

Since two years ago that I followed Wim Hof's program I keep swimming in sea thoughout the year and have brief cold showers - almost - daily but I do not do any icebaths, but i try intead to sustain the weather with the less clothes possible, in order to get my body sense and adapt as appropriate to the season.
    Last but not least, I sunbath regularly even during the day in work, i go out and get my shirt to harvest as much sun as possible.
    With all these, I have managed to greatly decrease the symptoms and feel a looot better than the past as a whole. I still feel there are many steps I have to do before I consider myself optimal and mitochondriac.

I will keep working towards perfection.
    caroline likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Get lots of UV and IR.
    Get the rest of the spectrum at correct times.

When eating,
    care less about what you eat,
    care more what your gut bacteria eats (so it would multiply and prosper).

Find your haplotype,
    preferably using 23andme

Get Spectracell (2 tests) and DUTCH
    post results here.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/

---------
    Nice way to think about deuterium:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/ways-to-deplete-deuterium.20366/page-2#post-227461

---------
  3. Thanks @JanSz

I am into buying a pure IR bulb from here https://redlightman.com/ during this month for local therapy. I dont know if i'd have to buy a second one to have it on during the whole day at work.
    In any case I am also thinking of getting a UV light placed above my monitor during the working hours in order to supplement extra UV when indoors during the day.
    During the day I use yellow Gunnar glasses in front of PC and during the night a pair of full blue blocking glasses.

Regarding eating, from what i have perceived from Jack's sayings, I tend to believe that my microbiome thrives when the food follows the sun's circles. And this means, eat only local and seasonal.
    So I avoid all non-Greek products, even if in season, and eat only what is normally available each time. E.g. i will never eat tomatoes in Jan, or fruits after Nov, 'cause, normally, theren't any.
    Do you mean something else with "care more what your gut bacteria eats (so it would multiply and prosper)." ?

As for the rest, I have put them in schedule already :)
    and meanwhile listening to @Jack's latest webinars for deuterium etc.
  4. I want to share my current status in an attempt to solve the mystery on my knee issues that keeps puzzling me:

Since the last, harsh, weather turn 10days ago, I have a come back on my knee's issues; it got swollen, again, causing mobility issues and some pain as a side-effect due to pressing peripheral nerves. it looks like the Crohn's induced arthritis is still there.
    I am strictly stuck into Mitohondriac's life, with keto diet (mainly seafood), morning sunbathing whenever weather allows it, grouding everyday, outdoor swimming in our chilling sea 4-times a week, and IFing everyday, good sleep & blueblocker glasses after sunset and a bit of fine quality red wine + turmeric and boswellia pills to help with the inflammation. I do work in an nnEMF hole (IT department) but I keep grounded with a grouding pad and well hydrated with structured salt-water + Gunnar glasses to lessen the monitor blue light.
    I am into right track, for sure, and optimistic but it puzzles me why my knee keeps being so sensitive and tending to swelling.
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

well probably the stuff you do is not enough to offset the bad environment... I am not sure grounding in a nnEMF hellhole is a good idea either.....:(
    Are you working full time in an office filled with computers and wifi?
  6. I am Software engineer so, unfortunately, I am in such a hell-hole at least 8h a day.
  7. Inger

Inger Silver

George, how is your home environment? Do you live in the countryside, how close are neighbors, cellowers, etc? Have you measured your home for nnEMF?
  8. Ι leave in Athens downtown, but 5m away from a park with a small forest in it. I have no WiFi at home and there is only one WiFi open around me - I have made a scan - and I do not have or use a smartphone, but an old feature cell, occassionally only.
    I have not measure my place for nnEMF though, but I am pretty convience that our place is pretty safe for a city appartment, as i know a lot for EMF and I've being taking measures to reduce exposure.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You experience in your knee says otherwise. You need to test.
  10. Had some tests a week ago, and sticking to mitochondrics' way, things are getting better overall. Unfortunately, i have an outbreak of my ankylosing spondylitis launched HSCRP to the sky. Here are some indicatively:

Vit D -> from 33 in March to 38 ng/ml now
    DHEA -> from 4.5 in March to 6.4 ng/ml now
    BUN/creatine -> from 22.5 in March to 16.6 now
    HS-CRP -> from 3.62 in March to 16.45 mg/l now
  11. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Consider checking DHEAs
    aim for
    350-500 μg/dL men
    but observe E1 & E2

Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)

upload_2017-12-5_21-43-53.png
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you cannot raise your D with the sun or pills it means your tissues are loaded with deuterium...........it tells you you are are living in a nuclear reactor of blue light and nnEMF. Change it
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  13. This number is with no pills at all. Just sunbath.
    So, I think that this is the perfect period to contact an experiment towards your advice. Given that the next 45days in Greece no VitD is produced from the sun, if I start taking pills of e.g. 4000IU for the next 45days and then test again my Vit D, I should see a significant increase in the serum of around 10. Correct ?

In the meantime, i will measure nnEMF both in work and home. BlueLight is exposure is low, I think, as I wear Gunnar during the day at job and full Blue blockers after 7p.m.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Silver

from 38 ng/ml to 100 or 150 4000iu will not cut it.
    Try 20000iu (twenty thousands) every day for a month,
    then use at least 10000iu every day.
    That should make a difference on your blood test,.

But not sure if that is what you really want,
    what you want
    in natural vitamin D (sulfate)
    -------
    When going artificial you may get better result using Red Sperti.

15. I agree JanSz, artificial is not my choice for sure.
    The reason I proposed that, is just to make an experiment on whether my tissues are full of Deuterium or not, as Jack assumes.

So, given that for the next 45days there will be no VitD from the sun - aka no other external source of VitD -, I can get it orally - the only source of VitD - and if that accumulates as expected, that may be an indication afterall that my tissues are not loaded with that much of Deuterium.

Thanks for ur suggestion. I will follow it for 20k/day for 30days and then I will keep up with 10k IUs for 30d more before I get a new test.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I suggest that you do not draw conclusions about your D (deuterium) level when supplementing with vitamin D.
    To do that you can use this test:

https://www.cignaturehealth.com/
    BREATHYTM TEST
    and
    2HEALTHTM TEST

First will give you D deuterium level in your body
    you want to be below 130

The second (I like urine) will give you idea on how your body is excreting D.

================