1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Gals, anyone want to buddy on a Leptin Reset?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by KruseKadet, Aug 31, 2017.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Did you guys see the recipe I posted for chicken patties? I substitute salmon bits or pork and it tastes great.

I find meatballs last a long time. We are away right now and I ate some meatballs this morning that are almost 2 weeks old!

I seem to be fine btw.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  2. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

I plan to try your recipe. It looks great!

caroline likes this.
  3. Morthern

Morthern New Member

Ok , I’m jumping in
    I’m a first timer and live all the way out here in Australia
    Can I ask if anyone is interested in being my personal buddy and connecting on messenger ?
    I only log in here every week or so as I’m trying to decrease competitor time
    My name is Melanie Spears from the Gratitude Diary ( Byron bay ) and I’m on fb
    Please find me if you feel to and we can talk there

4. Morthern

Morthern New Member

I found magnesium was brilliant for constipation .. I took around 800 mg and take it daily

What is BAB ?

5. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Big Ass Breakfast ;)

6. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

I like to put epsom salts in my CT tub. I get plenty of magnesium that way.
    I should note that in trying to stay away from soy, I will just use a good rich bone broth for the "miso braised salmon".
    I have been using coconut milk in my smoothies with my organic salad greens. I never get constipated as long as I get enough veggies and fats.

7. Ladies - what's your BAB look like? How are you measuring your success on the Leptin Reset/Rx?

8. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

I put 2 cans of coconut milk, 1 cup of berries and a little water into my vita mix and fill it with organic salad greens. Blend it and divide into 4 canning jars to last 4 days. Then each day I have 6 ounces of fish with it. Sometimes I have eggs florentine. Pile of cooked greens with fish (or ham) and eggs on top and Hollandaise sauce over all.
    I look at Jacks list of symptoms for leptin sensitivity for proof of improvement:
    mood changes, clothes fit differently, sleep improvement, change in sweating, better recovery from exercise, energy levels rise, hunger and cravings gone.

9. Thanks that sounds tasty! Last few weeks eating collagen protein mixed in water, fish with greens and olives with MCT oil, then blueberries with grass fed cow yogurt and few nuts with MCT oil.

As for proof of improvement, I'm skeptical of my own "improvement" because I havent been that strict on the leptin rx and have fallen off the rails too many times. Though I do notice better recovery from exercise I'm more conditioned than in the past but still lifting heavy enough. Also supplementing with PrimalHacker's L Glutathione. I'm sweating more (especially out in the sun but DUH to me) and I'm generating more heat. My skin is hot and not as bothered by cold. Maybe I'm 50% there but screwing myself up! Sounds right.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Cheryl. likes this.
  10. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

I took the time to measure and weigh my food ahead of time! If it's prepared ahead... The convenience alone makes me consume that instead of cheating...

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  11. Morthern

Morthern New Member

For me ... magnesium and vitamins keeps my poo pipes active . I’m taking loads tho .. around 1200 mg per day
    It really helped me move into Keto without to much of a thud !

12. Morthern

Morthern New Member

Can anybody advise me on the use of kieffer Water during reset ? Sugar , yes ... but In A fermented way ??
    Also , I have a receipt for paleo bread using seeds , psyllium and quino , yay or nay ?

13. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

I find that I need to limit carbs...Calculate What benefit are you getting from it...
    I used to do kefir and kombucha and fermented things. It seems I remember Dr Kruse saying the sun is more beneficial for our gut and don't bother with the ferments. Please correct me if I am wrong.

caroline likes this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

nope

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think you are correct.

In my opinion ......simple is always way better.

johnsonmd likes this.
  16. Can you post the recipe? Or is it posted somewhere else in the diet section?

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Asian Chicken cakes - from Eat drink Paleo / Irena Macri
    Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by caroline, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags: Add Tags
    Watch ThreadSelected Posts: 0
    Page 1 of 2
    12Next >
    1. [​IMG]
      carolineModerator
      I most often use Salmon trimmings for this recipe

800 g chicken mince [1.7 lb]
      2 eggs
      1 long red chilli, finely diced
      2 garlic cloves, minced
      2 TBSP fresh coriander, chopped
      1 TBSP chopped thai basil
      3 TBSP chopped green onion
      thumb sized piece of grated fresh ginger

2 TBSP fish sauce
      1tsp sesame oil
      Zest of 1 lime
      2 TBSP fresh lime juice

2 TBSP coconut oil for frying

mix all together and make flat cakes and fry

we serve it on fresh baby greens and more herbs and cucumbers ...and dressing of choice. They keep and reheat really well. Also really good cold as part of a nosh plate.

We also serve them on sauteed kale [in lots of butter] with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce

enjoy!

Phosphene and Christine_L like this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

are you gals eating pork belly for BAB?

19. Morthern

Morthern New Member

Sorry ... I’m not up to date with the abbreviations
    What does BAB mean ?

20. BAB = Big ass breakfast! I love it.

@caroline I'm not at the moment. Do you get local or from the store? How many pieces do you eat?

Today had can of wild salmon with turmeric/thyme and MCT oil served with kimchi. Coffee at home, gerolsteiner for drinking at work.