1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Gals, anyone want to buddy on a Leptin Reset?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by KruseKadet, Aug 31, 2017.

1. KruseKadet

KruseKadet New Member

First day without bread and sugar today. Still eating some fruit and a bit of cheese. Winding off. Trying to keep air passing well through gut. Hope all's well with Sheddie and Lah.

BAB brekky.
    Dip at 2.45 with sugar craving despite a 3 egg omlet lunch.
    Oy veh!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Sheddie likes this.
  2. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Friday-1 (posted Sunday)
    6:10a - Awake, stay in bed, in darkness
    6:55a - Out to VL, 8 minutes, then in to re-heat & eat 10 oz shrimp (58g protein) in coconut milk soup w/ veggies, bacon & seaweed
    7:30a - made 24 oz coffee w/ cream, 2T gelatin, 2d MB
    10a - 750 ml spring water; UVA, then FS/UVB, about 1 hr, clothed, outside watching workers remove Irma-damaged tree
    1:15p - 6 oz baked salmon with coconut-Parmesan 'breading'; 20 oz coconut shrimp soup w/o shrimp (removed & eaten already!); 1 Medjool date
    2p -750 ml spring water
    3p - NOT hungry, but sleepy; 2 hr nap
    5p - 6 oz leftover salmon and end of coconut seafood-flavor soup
    8p - 30 min NIR, cold shower, fell asleep on the Magnetico (?9:30p?) watching a movie (the screen turned itself off later).
    Saturday-2 (posted Sunday)
    6:50a -awake, up & out to VL & Sunrise
    7:15a - 6 oz salmon ceviche (30g protein) w/lots of green onion, 2T pistachio nuts, 24 oz coffee, cream, 2T gelatin (12g protein)
    9:15a - 23 mins UVA (until detected a drone played with by a kid down the street!) started 1.5L artesian water, some with Vital Reds mixed in.
    [Missed mid-day sun for 'socializing' and prepping for visitor who's okay with very late lunch]
    2:15p - BBQ (sauce sugar/gluten-free home-made) pork chops, steamed carrots, sweet potato, butter-drenched; ONE (bad) big bite of pudding cake bought for guest's dessert... Smack that Demon!
    6p - huge bowl of leftover cooled sweet potato & carrots w/ olive oil & lemon juice, 5 slices bacon
    8p - 40 minutes NIR, good sweat @ a mere 110F; cold shower for longer, 15 mins.

Okay folks. I see some patterns developing for improved personal success starting and, generally, succeeding until afternoons. For me, planning the BAB foods and even preparing for the next day is pretty clear. My weird meal-plate combinations are mostly thanks to other food restrictions (FM doc's advice) probably not of interest for everyone. Getting the high protein grams there, at BAB-time, and I'm not so worried for the day's total protein intake. I would like to eventually eat mostly the same appropriate menu, or have two BAB menus, alternate mornings. This is not a meal I am more than just neutral about and want to get out of the way. I made my usual coffee the end-of-BAB 'reward' and that motivates.

Some mini-wins: Hunger definitely doesn't bother me IF I am 'rigid' about the morning start-up. (Like everyone else knows!) Next in order of priorities is opening water bottles and simply having one continually at hand. I'm actually just opening up a new one whenever I throw out an empty. So, I'm always self-goaded into '... let's just finish this one up.' I've solidly doubled water intake from a few months ago, maybe more. No longer prefer non-sparkling to sparkling; any will do and what fits the car drink holder is what goes along. Trips outdoors for direct sun are a little obsessive right now, thinking about Winter coming. I'm putting people contacts off to later in the day with whom I used to interact earlier, when I can. I think I heard it right that FIR/NIR exposure is optimal for evenings, before bed. I see (and covet) the world of CT benefits and will do what I can to continue cold showers (now turned to warm for hair-washes, only). I got a cheap child's snorkel for face-dunking, aiming to stay dunked longer. That's for the next week I get time for it. I feel the Magnetico is a good thing; time will tell if I get discernible wins. Looking at shielded cables, power cords, and what might be enough UV lights to see around the house in evenings... Water-Sun-Magnetism; I think my Kindergarten Diploma could be a sure thing before long. Maybe after 6-8 weeks on this Leptin Reset? I plan on going to the next level, as I'm even more ambitious about increased energy, lower pain, and maybe even wearing some of those 'nicer' clothes I have that don't fit? (KK, It's not nearly so much 'discipline' or hardship IF the cravings are gone! I think you have a new focus we might call 'Gut Gardening?' Best luck; chin up; you'll DO it! Yes, over time, sugars, grain carbs, and such as we should be deleting from our cupboards, pantry, freezer & fridge, and grocery carts... hardly interfere via old familiar candida symptoms, old leaky gut issues; the keyword here being 'old' and behind you.)

Kudos to all those gone before on this path. Special thanks to all for your help.

Shall I keep doing notes, or just report every so often on progress?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Cheryl. likes this.
  3. KruseKadet

KruseKadet New Member

If it helps you to write all this down, keep doing it. If it becomes tedious, then just be intermittent.

What you wrote about the prep really is key. Everything disintegrates when I am not prepped. I can get a couple of days where I am on a project working 14 hrs days, it's a high pressure job, and things then fall apart at those moments.

I am doing the face dunking with snorkle. I really love it now. I put on a podcast, and listen while I am under... I recommend 'RADIOLAB' - just fascinating. Also for humour I love 'No Such Thing as a Fish' which is the British research team for the show 'QI' talking about interesting facts.

Re 'Gut Gardening', I love that term!! Yes I my instinct is that poor gut flora is causing my malady. I am now reading 'Mastering Leptin' as recommended by Dr Kruse, and it suggests Pantethine-mollybdenum to get the right fat pathway burning and reduce inflammation... and Janzs in another thread suggested taking Calcium-Magnesium for changing gut flora, linked here.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016NHCGA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did you find you got extremely dehydrated when you started this, or were you already on such a restrictive diet that it didn't make much difference?

Hope alls going well for you. X

4. KruseKadet

KruseKadet New Member

First day no grains, no processed sugar. Ate one piece of fruit though... Slowly withdrawing into Epi-Paleo again... no feeling of gas build up. Yipeee.

caroline likes this.
  5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Fresh herbs are good for you, but they help with gas and constipation. Parsley and cilantro especially.

Cheryl. and caroline like this.
  6. KruseKadet

KruseKadet New Member

Thanks Lah! - I know this is too much info, but this morning my poo has just gone pebbly again as I have gone full epi-paleo. I have read that it means you are not getting enough fibre to have a cohesively shaped poo! So I think I probably need to eat more fibre even though the protocol says we really only need protein. I do eat veggies with every meal, but I gather it's not enough.

I appreciate all your help and ideas by the way. XO

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

drezy and caroline like this.
  8. KruseKadet

KruseKadet New Member

Thanks Lah... yes have read these guidelines, but as I read them again, maybe I need more bone broth than I am having, and more fermented veggies. Just more. To stop the drying and gut flora problems. Will try that now!!

Thanks for sticking with me and for your help! XO

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Lahelada and caroline like this.
  9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hi KK, maybe just post one sample day of what you eat and then we can see if you are on target or if there is something else you can do. Edit I would not immediately latch on to bone broth though. How much water do you drink per day?

drezy likes this.
  10. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Hi again! I've been like a Jack-in-the-box jumping out the back of the house to get three morning Sun visits, then out the front of the house in afternoons for going to app'ts and errands. AM: keeping up; PM: catching up...

No, I was probably already chronically dehydrated and took on forcing Spring & Artesian water products early on in Leptin Reset. Happy enough with that for now and no longer picky about the 'taste' of water. My combo diet (modified FODMAPs, Lectin Avoidance, Epi-Paleo & allergen) food lists went along with making seafood my main protein, and then, it allows for some really odd, but edible, sides to go with that!

This week, I'm pre-fixing veggies in a coconut milk soup before bed and heating that up for the BAB with added frozen shrimp and/or fish filets, or fresh raw oysters with just some of the container 'liquor' to taste. The timing HAS been working! Also, the liquid aspect of the BAB stuff -- I'm taking a rest from canned tuna-salmon-etc. sticking in my craw that early in the day! (Later, a canned fish lettuce wrap is fine.) No naughty nausea has shown up with the BAB-Soup idea. I may next add variety with blended lettuce and the former canned fish experiments toward getting the BAB out of the way! I'm wasting more than a few sips of the jumbo mug of coffee as my next Sun Out has me grabbing a bottle of water. That old java habit might even be getting retired?! (Will wait until I get leptin sensitive to see what that's like.)

I am not hungry! And, it's not a fluke! I'm ready to plan for efficiency and just eat similar meals I don't have to think about. (Still envying my dog's same wet/dry mix food bowl twice a day!) I stopped looking/hunting for evening snacks and that quit me opening the fridge door to stab myself with that bright light! It seems to help to be in bed before 10p since, as I recall, the Snack Demon was more liable to drop in around 11p or after! I have a second 'meal' I'll call dinner anywhere from 2p to 5p and it looks pretty on the plate if I have time with the veggie prep (some for the BAB soup, too) and any salad/raw veg I can get going... It's kinda nice not to care so much about meals anymore... I think the more 'emotional' eating, or "eating for entertainment" isn't a factor, either... With cravings gone, I hardly care about food. Who knew?

As I'm a newbie at face-dunking while using a snorkel, I don't think I'll start out selecting Humor-genre material to listen to. Might be a disaster for a beginner?!

Best luck with raising the population of 'good' gut microbes!! I'm going to try some of the forum feedback suggestions. Thanx. Ciao for now.

11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Sorry that I am the harbinger of Don'ts but no snorkel. You need to hold your breath for full effect. Mammalian dive reflex..

caroline likes this.
  12. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

No problem!!! I so appreciate it -- so, keep DOing the Don'ts!! You've set us right before, Lahelada!! Massively important! (Free snorkel to one of the kids around, easily!!)

I haven't seen a newbie rundown on face-dunking so I was making it up anyway. I like my squarish bowl and can work the ice to the thermometer and scoop out floating cubes... Kitchen counter height is good for my neck's disks... What I'm more 'failing' at than the freeze to forehead, eye sockets, etc., is exactly that breath-holding part. Meaning, if my breath wasn't so 'short' I know I could take more time in the cold... Any tips there, or shall I just expect the breath-holding part will slowly improve with practice? Do you suppose 'pushing' the cheeks out while holding the breath is okay? If there's a link, or someone's initial experience described -- that would be grand? Big thanks.

13. KruseKadet

KruseKadet New Member

Super glad you mentioned no snorkling. thanks Lah. Shame though. I did enjoy it!

As far as I am concerned my sleuthing has lead me to teh EPCOT. That's my next move. Only prob is re DHEA and Progesterone which is prescribed in the EPCOT. need to know more. Will research, As for food, have now removed grains and sugar. Still eating a little fruit and cheese, but will drop these when I head into full EPCOT once I am a little more recovered.

Sheddie, your meal suggestions are just so great. I am grateful to you for your help, because it really is a heal. And I am so bouyed by your success and feeling well Too.

Much love, KK

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Sheddie and KruseKadet like this.
  15. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Really liked this BAB -- about 12 medium wild-caught scallops (~24g Protein?) seared in a hot pan with butter and garlic; served under a blanket of micro-greens and green onion, lemon juice, and a dollop of Swedish Cod Roe Pate (one iffy ingredient, unspecified "vegetable oil.") ...Thanks to a friend who took me to a Farmers' Market!

Lahelada likes this.
  16. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Winter BAB, working for me, lately: Making a large pot of seafood broth for the week, usually Thai spiced with coconut milk, added seaweeds. Reheat the broth to a rolling boil in the morning and add, usually, frozen shrimp alternating with potted oysters, fish filets (still prefer pressure-cooking calamari rings first); heat goes off; wait 10 minutes for shrimp or thick fish chunks (5 minutes for refrigerated oysters); scoop out all that morning's seafood with a slotted spoon and fill a huge bowl with the broth to have a BAB SOUP! The broth in the pot gets better every day. Handy leftover steamed greens and veggies get added when available. The morning addition of seafood doesn't get rubbery when simmered with the heat off. Too much shrimp? Rinse it off and refrigerate for the next salad meal. This soup method finally solves my stomach rebellion against oysters for a BAB!

Billybats and caroline like this.
  17. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Is seafood broth suppose to get gel like when cold. Mine didn't. Oh and this is a wonderful idea. Me can't handle other things for BAB not until like 3 hours after waking up. Did you stop coffee.

18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hi BB,when you add enough chitin containing stuff like bones , the whole shrimp it will get gel like although not like beef.

About only eating solids three hours after rising . You must get 50g of protein at rising. Later you have missed the opportunity to synch your clock which may lead to hunger "in between"

19. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Oh... okay on both answers.

20. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

When I make my own, (when I can bear the lingering odor even from short-timed pressure-cooking) it can gel but I haven't linked that to any specific shrimp, crab, lobster shells or 'fish carcasses,' etc., that I collect over time in the freezer. No, the packaged seafood broths I've tried don't gel! Let me know if a brand that does gel is out there...

Morning coffee remains but since the chunky BAB soup takes so little time in the morning, coffee with cream gets in line as second up!