1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Gals, anyone want to buddy on a Leptin Reset?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by KruseKadet, Aug 31, 2017.

1. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

Successful week! Yay!
    I have printed up about 200 pages of Jack's info. From the beginning. Got a new printer! A brotherHL-2300D! love it! I was able to read alot! It really motivated me, to the core of my being, to change!! I was not even tempted to go off my plan!

I ate breakfast and dinner with NO SNACKING. Lost about a pound a day. 3# yesterday.
    Breakfast was: 6 oz Cod or Mackerel and 1/3 can of coconut milk blended with 1/3 cup Blueberries and 6 oz organic spinach in a smoothie. Dinner: hamburger with some chili to flavor it, the next day, chicken thigh and green beans ( I know chicken is not the best, it was just easy), then I did Hamburger again as taco, I had cod or Mackerel some days, almonds and squash , then some good steak! ( I used thermometer to get temp right) I had some raspberries and toasted Ezekiel bread and put cream cheese on it. No snacking or lunch (even at Mom's!)

I also spent time meditating on Bible in the mornings, grounding in footbath, sunbathing outside and CT as much as possible.

Now I will make a menu and prep the meals this week to do even better!
    I am making "fish patties"
    smoothie for bkft
    prep cauli, broccoli, onions, celery and beef for stir fry.
    Make a quiche
    seafood chowder.

Note: recipes are ketogenic versions. Cauliflower is used in place of potatoes in chowder. No bread crumbs in fish patties. Quiche has no crust. Stir fry is not put over rice.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

Love the detail, gives me ideas to bring me out of my eating rut.

@johnsonmd

3. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

Cheryl, maybe you have some ideas I could use...

Cheryl. likes this.
  4. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

Nice job! I am listening to the wealth of info in the webinars and q&a's and going through the blogs from the start.

johnsonmd and Cheryl. like this.
  5. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

@johnsonmd
    I am adding everything little by little looking for an app that will kind of fit this program that I can copy to this log easily. Written log is so fast. My success is so much better with a bud and log. Would be happy to buddy up!;)

johnsonmd likes this.
  6. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

We will kick butt, you watch! I have a lot of work to do, I have some deprograming to do for a start. I need Sun and CThermogenisis the most. I have virus that is sun sensitive, but it will be great to reset my metabolism and immunity!
    I can also send you a meal prep book I will be using ..
    Anyone can join us!

7. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

Sounds great!
    I love to go out on my front porch in the sun!
    I crave the sun!
    I also use a horse water trough just off the porch for CT.
    I also left the heat off in the house so I get a mild CT inside.

caroline likes this.
  8. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

I have the heat off in the home, we always see how long we can go. It is 59-65ish. I am cortisol dominant at night. Vampire is an understatement! I take phosphatidylserine. I have fibromyalgia so imagine my excitement when I read Jack's book - newbies scroll down to books https://jackkruse.com
    I can gain weight fasting. My caloric intake is anywhere from 500- 1500ish calories because I have messed up my metabolism so bad by dieting for many years. I barely learned how much damage I really did! If I lost 40lbs I would really be happy. I have a lot of leptin work to do! I do need the three-legged stool, well six legs at first.
    Acronym
    SHINE PROTOCOL DR. Titelbaums changed to fit Dr. Kruse protocol
    Sleep-Sun-sping water
    Hormones-leptin rx
    Immunity-infared -ions
    Nutrition/nature CT

Exercise-Emf pollution

caroline likes this.
  9. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

Great acronym! SHINE!
    Our son lived there awhile, when he was in the Air Force.
    I have been tempted to skip breakfast to just eat lunch and dinner but that doesn't work. The big breakfast is important to change our metabolism. I also watch out for foods that make me want to keep eating and stay away from them.

It helps to review my life and remember what worked!

Cheryl. likes this.
  10. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

Yes, it helps to get feedback. Each time I have an eating plan and it fails me later. I haven't failed I have learned one more way not to do something and at least I moved in the right direction. When I Plateau is when I usually give up. This will be the first time I actually had something stoke my metabolism.

johnsonmd likes this.
  11. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

I notice when I eat breakfast at 6 am (with Hubby) and skip lunch I get an energy burst around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I love it!
    By 4 pm, I am definitely hungry and ready for dinner, tho!

caroline likes this.
  12. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

When my metabolism gets fired up that's a great idea:cool:
    Today I had some fermented salsa on 4 eggs. That gave me 25 grams
    I also used about two teaspoons of coconut oil and tonight I had tacos that were soft. Not as good as real tacos that are homemade, but a close second. Tacos or enchiladas can be made with crisp lettuce. I have to have Mexican food every week!
    Still drinking hydrogen water without chlorine and fluoride. I will have to search the forum for it.
    I need to get used to measuring 25 grams of carbs and protein. :oops:

((:))hugs)))) we got this! We probably need to transfer this to our journal.

13. TrishRan

TrishRan New Member

I have read through these posts as I have started the Leptin Reset 3 days ago . I was already Epi Paleo so my reset was really food timing and quantities . I trialled the BAB eggs and sardines works for me ....omellette with mushroom onion zuchhini ooked in cocnut oil
    (its summer in Australia) and then dress my sardines in olive oil , parsley, onion. I found i was not hungry til 5-6 pm .
    My questions
    1. is is ok to take Betaine HCL w enzymes to help digest the BAB ? Idf so ..... people who struggle would find this helps
    2. What is the best order eat then sun or sun then eat ... or simultaneous ( ie pre prepare breakfast) ? I walk down to a beach but I'm guessing the 30min window is critical ?

Cheryl. likes this.
  14. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

I do use the betaine HCL or another digestive aid.
    I try to get a little sun first if possible to set my circadian rhythm. Then eat my BAB. Then get more sun.
    Sounds like you are doing good!

TrishRan likes this.
  15. TrishRan

TrishRan New Member

Hi guys , I am coming in a bit late here. I wish I had started the reset with you all . I have made some mistakes along the way of course and technically restarting. My reasons for doing the L Rx is heart palps and Adrenal Fatigue which I thought I had resolved by minding my light and getting sunrises. Two questions
    1. if the BAB wears off at say 3pm and one gets hungry .... do you eat or wait til appropriate dinner time? I get caught out as I may be travelling home from work although I have food to tide me over . So if I go bigger with BAB I feel really full and off as opposed to just not hungry. When I do get hungry it seems to happen quickly and I am really hungry.
    2. Constipation - I see MCT will help . Anything else I have missed ? I drink lots of water as my thirst is increased - poor mitochondria apparently and dilution of stomach acid so doubly not helpful.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Technically ....when you eat a BAB ...you could still eat lunch and dinner.

Jack tells us in the leptin RX ....if we have the 50gr.+ of protein for BAB we shouldn't need lunch but be really ready for dinner. If you aren't hungry for dinner than your BAB is too big. If you need lunch - then eat a bigger BAB.

I always found when I had a BAB .......I then needed to eat by 4-4:30 pm. That seems to be when I need to have dinner and I am usually quite hungry at this time.

Have a re read of the leptin RX to make sure you haven't missed anything.

Christine_L and Anita like this.
  17. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I never gave up lunch when doing the Leptin Rx. I ate as big a BAB as possible, but needed the tiny lunch and then dinner by 4:30 this time of year (this was last year I did it.) Definitely check the details again on the Rx to get all the bases covered. You need that morning light and are you protecting from bluelight also? It's so much more about light than just food.

Christine_L likes this.
  18. NDC74

NDC74 New Member

Very well said, Caroline.