1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Gained weight after signs of LS?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by joyfuljoyful, Mar 17, 2012.

1. joyfuljoyful

joyfuljoyful New Member

Thanks for your input, Grottenolm...I cut out the nuts 2 days ago, and after the first day the scale went *up* .2 lbs, but today it is down 1.6 lbs. I know what you mean, I would hate to have to give up nuts! But if its necessary then I will do it, since if they are causing inflammation then that would mean that my body really doesnt like them! I want to deal with the leaky gut so that hopefully someday soon I can eat all the things that I am forbidden right now!

Thanks for sharing your experience....and it's great that you know what causes you the inflammation. It is so hard when you cant pinpoint what is going on!

2. joyfuljoyful

joyfuljoyful New Member

Try not to be discouraged.....the way I look at it is this: at least you have confirmation now that gluten is no good for you, along with the other questionable ingredients in the donuts, as ColleenM said. I had some bad reactions to eggs and pork earlier (and have had more than my share of awful experiences with gluten, which I willingly subjected myself to!) and it was hard to feel the discomfort and see the scale go up (and my clothes fit so tight), but I really learned then that I shouldn't be touching that stuff. It strengthened my willpower in the end.

I have also wondered why the CT causes the cravings, and I guess we should be encouraged to know that it IS doing something, in getting all this junk stirred up and out of our bodies!

Keep your chin up! Youre doing a good thing!

3. joyfuljoyful

joyfuljoyful New Member

Tellmisty, thanks for your advice!

I did cut out the heavy whipping cream starting yesterday, and WOW I can't believe how tasty the coconut milk is!!! I would love to eat the whole can! ;) I don't feel deprived with it in my coffee, and I looked forward to my morning coffee this morning, knowing that I could add that in, AND that it wasn't bad for me! (i hope!?)

I also cut out the butter, and bought some ghee yesterday.

I never thought that since I was sensitive to eggs (which was also a shock for me to discover....I ate so many eggs previously! Like 5 a day while pregnant with my second son...And the interesting thing is that I had chronic back pain for years, and once the eggs were gone, I've since been fine!! Thank GOD!!) that it could also indicate a dairy sensitivity. I really appreciate you sharing your tips and input. And it sounds like you are very driven and applied to doing things right to get healthy. it is very encouraging and inspirational, to hear that you did things 'to a T'. And how awesome to hear that you are feeling better and seeing positive results in your labs. That is so cool. I also want to do things right and not waste any more time going 'half-way' and never seeing any results! I'm in this and already seeing SO many benefits. I'm so grateful!!

Thanks for sharing what Jack shared with you also, and I believe that I will benefit from the advice! I'm hoping to make the bone broth tonight...yay!

4. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Makes sense.

5. meyoolia@gmail.com

meyoolia@gmail.com New Member

How did you tell that your thyroid was healing? Are you on any thyroid meds? I am :p and I'd love OFF! (I'm still by habit following more or less reset protocol + icy tubbing CT)