1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Gagnrad's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Gagnrad, Jan 20, 2014.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

That's a possibility I hadn't considered, Tanya. I know when my back was bad, and I slept on a grounding sheet for the first time, it was a very twitchy and tingly night! And I had this buzzing sensation half the next day. The next nights weren't nearly as eventful! It sure helped my back.

2. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Sometimes I weighed; sometimes estimated. Some things you can enter in other ways -- a "medium" this or that; or about enough to fill a (8 fl. oz.) cup; and so on.

Yes, it's not going to be accurate. How much, say, magnesium is in a leaf of cabbage really depends on how much was in the soil it was grown in. These will be notional values taken from tables.

And the same goes for the calorific values -- even if they had the kind of significance the mainstream assumes they have, which they obviously haven't. I did try entering the same information in two different online applications once: totally different results.

But I guess the larger patterns can have a certain interest.

3. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

The tingling seems to be significant. Clint Ober mentions it several times in the book.

You do, of course, in everyday life get a kind of tingling sometimes -- pins and needles -- after a hand or foot or something has had the blood flow cut off a bit (maybe you sat on it or whatever) as it returns to normal. It's the feeling returning.

Ober is particularly interesting on one patient who'd suffered peripheral neuropathy or something or the sort. The man himself had said that he couldn't feel his legs but got alarmed when they started to hurt with grounding and thought he'd better stop. Ober convinced him not. The pain subsided after a few days and was replaced by tingling. Then he began to heal.

Perhaps the most astounding thing in the book was the American Tour de France cyclists. Now we know why the U.S. Postal Team won the Tour three times in succession: they were using grounded "recovery bags" to speed up recovery and healing between cycling days. Anyway, one of these men went through the back window of a support vehicle that stopped suddenly. He suffered some bad cuts, including cuts to the arm through which bones and tendons could be seen. They put him in a bag overnight, and the cuts had healed to the extent that he could cycle the next day and finish the race.

Grounding is one of the things people in the "Paleosphere" jeer at Dr. Kruse for talking about. They "know" it doesn't work and is "unscientific" -- basically for no other or better reason than because they hadn't heard of it and don't understand it. It's really ignorance.,

I can now understand why Jack says that the Paleosphere is about "Bro Science" (i.e., the kind of assumptions about human physiology that people in gyms believe merely through assumption and repetition).

The Paleosphere can go on with it's broken assumptions; meanwhile, sportspeople, scientists, the universities, and intelligent doctors like Steve Sinatra, will carry on applying what works and finding out more about why it works.

4. sooperb

sooperb New Member

My husband is T2D, over a few years his feet began to show signs of neuropathy he also had high BP. Strangely since he started sleeping on "Old Sparky" as he calls our sheet, his BP is normal, he no longer takes his meds for that and his neuropathy has gone. It's not the sheet of course ;).

When I first used mine the tingling was quite a surprise, it's worn off now.

When we were children we lived by the seaside and spent a lot of time on the beach on Walney island. It was wall to wall pebbles and boulders with no sand until you got into the water and even then it was patchy. We used to run into the water to see who could get there first :eek:. Then there were the barnacles ..... It gives me the shudders when I watch Irwan sliding down scree in his bare feet lol.

Gagnrad likes this.
  5. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I was interested to see that scientists had said to Clint Ober that they believe that the Earth is a Zeitgeber -- a "time giver". This is why walking for 20 minutes on grass (particularly if damp) can kill jet lag. You don't have to wait to be synchronised by light/dark cycles.

In the discussion of the science at the back of the book it's suggested that being better synchronised and better connected with the Earth -- and hence with everything else -- may help one to better recognise self/non-self. Hence autoimmune conditions might be helped, since those are, effectively, an attack on the self. Very interesting.

Lahelada likes this.
  6. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Or perhaps it's not as simple as that:

http://jackkruse.com/organizational-structural-failure-1-gutcollagen-link/

Comes to the same thing, however: get grounded.

7. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Dr. Kruse's knee?

Quote:

http://jackkruse.com/organizational-structural-failure-1-gutcollagen-link/

I remember the knee and the importance he saw in it from a podcast he did with Jimmy Moore -- maybe three or four years ago now.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Mike grounding is a source of free electrons that modern man ignores at his peril.......and here is the key. The flow is designed to be low and the voltage low because your membranes are designed to be tuned to them.......how? Voltage in the membrane by free electrons and photons from sun and food........most people are broken there too. So your story above about the pain followed by the tingle is how a nerve or membrane recovers. The more electrons carried in DHA the better it becomes about being able to use the free electrons from the ground of the sun........the key way to get sticky for these electrons is DHA and water. Ironically what T2D have the least of and why they get neuropathy.......just sitting there wont make you sticky to them but it will slowly help..........

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I ground constantly...........the reason Bro science misses it is because they do not understand how a cell is thermodynamically organized.

10. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Did he have the op on his knee before or after he started in on his quest?

11. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I had my knee done close to a yr later.......because I realized fast what caused it. I had to fix my redox first.

13. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Another quote from the recent blog post:

This has the ring of truth for me.

It's kind of ironic that people who recommend finding and eliminating problematic foods would say that they were looking for "causes" not just treating "symptoms". But this is seeing foods as "causes". Why stop there? Why not ask why the person has trouble with the food? And, of course, if the result is he or she just ends up becoming sensitive to a longer and longer list of foods, it's not the answer.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  14. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Here's a disturbing snippet.

Someone my niece works with slipped and fell, getting off a train on the London Undergound, breaking her arm.

No one stopped to help; no one even asked if she was all right. They just looked down at her and skirted around her, hurrying away.

I know people don't want to get involved when there's a crime going on, but it seems now they don't want to get involved when there's an accident. I think this would have been unimaginable just a few years ago.

15. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

I don't seem to be getting as much sleep recently. I think I just don't need it, partly because of the change in the seasons. While I have got blackout curtains, they're not quite light-tight, and it's probably partly as simple as that: before 5 am now the light will be spilling round the edges and even coming through the fabric a little.

The earthed sheet is now installed. Reminds me -- apparently, the amount of sleep people need drops with grounding. It seems that when quite ill people who badly need it first sleep on the grounding sheet they can get their first unbroken sleep for years and sleep a long time. Others who don't have trouble sleeping find they need less and wake up earlier.

It really is remarkable. Until I read the book I hadn't realised just how important the grounding is. Clint Ober points out that for primitive man grounding wouldn't even be a few hours here or there: it would be 24/7. The closer you can get to that the better. The blood samples were interesting: Ober's blood is noticeably different from other people's even after people have been grounded for forty minutes. It's because he has been regularly and consistently grounding for a decade or so now. Most people's blood clots too readily, and it seems it's not just down to lack of ɷ-3s as people have thought. Non-native EMF (and lack of grounding in general) is affecting people's blood adversely. So much for the idea that non-native EMF simply doesn't matter.

Tanya likes this.
  16. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

This is a mug made for me by a potter in Norfolk. It's apparently based on mediaeval designs. Nice earthy feel to the design.

Attached Files:

17. sooperb

sooperb New Member

"It's apparently based on mediaeval designs."

He told you that because he couldn't get the bottom smooth lol ;)

I love your quote, I have no idea who George MacDonald is but I like him already, very perceptive.

Gagnrad likes this.
  18. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

It was a lady potter, so I trust her. :)

George MacDonald was a curious Victorian genius from Scotland who pretty much invented the modern fantasy children's story, using fairytale-like themes and symbolic meanings.

http://www.george-macdonald.com/

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Another female admirer?

Nice mug....

20. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

No, not at all, Audrey.

Strangely enough, there have been lots, though. Women used to "hit on me", as they say in the U.S., all the time. It never ceased to astound me every time it happened, until one day I realised it had happened so often that anything that keeps happening is likely to happen again however unlikely it seems.