1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Functional Medicine

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by colleencoble, Jul 8, 2012.

1. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

My daughter keeps getting chalazions in her upper lids. She has tried tweaking her hormones with her doctor's help and upping her testosterone seemed to help for a few months, but she got another one. They always come with her periods which is what made her realize there was some kind of hormonal link. She's 37. I've been hearing a lot about functional medicine. Does anyone know of a functional medicine physician in the Phoenix area? Or any idea about this whole chalazion issue?

2. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

No idea about chalazion, but check out functionalmedicine.org to try to find a practitioner.

3. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Thanks! I have her doing Dr. Wahl's diet too.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yep.....blocked ducts and it is usually but a bad EFA balance that increases series two prostaglandins......and is increased by a low PG to E2 ratio.......very common manifestation of an estrogen collector. I bet she has Bristol stool chart one or two as well.

5. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Ah, thanks Doc! Will tell her for sure! She should schedule a consult with you.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I am hoping some of the consults I did would post about them.........They have worn my ass out. I need a glass of wine. I have two left.......before this epic is over.

Next one may be the coolest one I have done.

7. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

You are so smart. You nailed her! She had dropped her fish oil to 1/4 of what she was taking, I checked her progesterone ratio just yesterday and told her to up and she's type I and II stool. LOL We'll schedule the consult and I'll post results for her. She was impressed. I'd already left for church and she called to tell me you'd totally nailed it.