1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fun with Magnets

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by nonchalant, Aug 10, 2013.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've been experimenting recently with using additional magnets. I love my Magnetico, and I want to get a similar benefit during the day. So I purchased a lifting magnet, used a compass and labeled which end was North, and placed it just behind my computer chair, on the floor, north side up toward the ceiling.

http://www.harborfreight.com/retrieving-magnet-150-lb-pull-36904.html

Originally I used a magnet with a 250 lb pull, but it seemed to be too strong. Parts of my back, rear end, or elbow would get a buzzing/numb feeling, and I would feel stiff when I got out of the chair, like after a long car ride. I ended up moving the magnet further away from my chair, then back closer, etc. I haven't yet found a perfect spot for it. But still I feel more energetic during the day, and I tackled some jobs I had been putting off. Oh, and dark chocolate and pecans aren't calling to me anymore. Woot! It may also be helping with my back, because I can feel the same slight tingle in the small of my back that I feel when grounding. Love it.

Now I am using the 150 lb magnet in the link above. It may not be strong enough for this application. I may have to combine it with other magnets. I have no idea what gauss it is. I check it with the Trifield meter, but the reading varies wildly from 10-20 gauss to 0. I get about the same reading for the 250 lb magnet, oddly enough.

About a week ago I put several strips of magnets (trimmed from a too-large Magnetico pad) under my parent's sofa.

And I have just put a couple smaller, disc-shaped magnets under the seat of my car today. I think I need a couple more. This is fun. :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
    Cpt.Tired likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love how your brain works ....:)

Now who is the mad scientist in the basement? Can't wait to hear more....

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Did you have to post the link to this website!? I see a necklace that I reallllllly love. Of course, it's a bit on the pricey side.

Going on the Christmas list ;) http://www.colantotte.eu/p/8/planet

Nonchalant, thanks for starting this thread. Keep us informed on your experiments...

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I love the fiona one... but I can't figure out how to get them here in the US... so I went with the basic ones I could get via Amazon... I should have them by Wednesday - I'm wondering how they'll help me feel when I'm in the building...

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I forgot to say that the one day that I realized the 250lb magnet was too strong, when even my elbow was buzzing, I had extreme difficulty sleeping that night. I even broke the rule and got up and read a paperback until about 4am. Then I crashed. I was ok on previous nights. And after that I moved the magnet farther away, and the next nights sleep was ok.

This might be a way to detox heavy metals? I should probably get a hair test, but I doubt I could afford it.

7. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Are these magnets and necklaces shielding EMF?

8. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

@nonchalant: I followed through to that harbor freight link, and noticed that both of the reviews on the 150# magnet are 1 star and state the magnet isn't capable of nearly its advertised load... one of them says <50# even with flat surface and the other says struggles with 4-5 oz...

Have you tested their capacities in any context? Just curious if your experience is that they are indeed putting off the magnetic field expected. I'm sure this would have an impact on results.

(It seems the 250# one has more positive reviews, but still a couple mention it may be overrated)

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi sjoshua, that's a really good question. I hadn't tried comparing the two like that.

I have just taken both magnets to the fridge door, but I wasn't able to tell much, I think the slick surface and thin metal was to blame. So I took them on the porch to an old outdoor couch with a metal frame made of rusty iron. The 250# magnet was able to lift the end of the couch a bit. The 150# magnet was able to tip up a corner of it. So, based on this highly scientific experiment, yeah, I'd say that one was about half as strong as the other. ;-)

I'm able to feel the difference in the two, actually, using my throat as a guide. Since I started taking iodine last year, my throat gets a "tight" or heavy feeling, and I've discovered that it does this when I'm in a higher EMF field. Weird, I know, but there you have it. The feeling goes completely away when I'm out in the country. And I discovered that the magnetico gets rid of it as well. Which has spurred further experimentation. And my back feels it also, giving a bit of a tingle when near the magnets. I don't feel anything in my back from regular EMF, however, so it is only positive feedback.

Currently I have the 150# right behind my chair, and the 250# is about 2 feet back from the chair. I have to trade off an uncomfortable throat if they are too far away, with discomfort in my hips if they are too close (and sleeplessness). Last night I had extreme difficulty sleeping, so I will move the 250# a bit further away. The 150 by itself isn't enough for me, according to my throat.

Oh, hey. I could get a second 150# magnet...
    Like I said, fun with magnets. :)

If you want me to do something else to test the magnets, please let me know. Just don't ask me to lift 150#! I wish the magnetico needle would stay still and give a consistent result.

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh this is Awesome!!! I found a way to reduce CT shivering!!!!! For me, at least. I took my 250# magnet into the bathroom, put it on it's side on a shelf about 3 ft from the tub, with North pointing toward me. It was about level with the top of the tub. During my bath (which started at about 35F and ended an hour later at about 51F) I noticed that I was shivering less than I expected. It must be the magnet?! I had some 'distant' tremors, but that's about it. This definitely warrants more research!

I was surprised to find that my throat felt a bit tight half way through the bath. But I was laying on my back, and I think the tub blocked the magnetism. It's a metal tub covered with porcelain. So next time I'll put it on top of the counter.

Starfish Prime likes this.
  12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

That's interesting Non!

I'm spending my first day at work wearing my trion z magnetic necklace...

things seem to be going well... except that in the craziness of my morning I forgot my mid day supplements and thyroid meds... and I can tell...

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Haha! I walk away from my computer chair for about 5 minutes and I start to get goosebumps. Back to my chair! (Currently I have two 150# magnets behind it.)
    My goosebumps then go away.

Maybe some day my mitochondria can store more energy, and I won't notice the lack of magnetism so soon.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is all so interesting........Sally - do you have one of the bracelets or necklaces? I can't remember....

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Neither, Audrey. I'm using clunky magnets on the floor. But I can avoid the South sides of the magnets.

Um, not that there is anything wrong with the South side, you understand. It's just as good as the North side, of course....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Now that you have said that .....I wonder how that works for those of us down under?
    The magnets are reversed for S/Hemisphere right> wait - that doesn't make sense -if it was that easy you would just turn the pad around - right? doesn't magnetico do something different if it is coming here?

17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

18. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

I'm confused.... maybe I missed it... what are the magnets suppose to do for you? Are they helping with EMFs?
    Can you link to the necklace you have again?
    Meghan

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

magnets - such as the magnetico sleep pad - help you address - an altered field, due to EMF, changes in the schuman resonance etc.

I'm trying the necklace/bracelets - b/c I work in an extremely altered field....

http://www.amazon.com/Trion-Lite-Ne...=UTF8&qid=1376495124&sr=1-10&keywords=trion+z

Danny likes this.
  20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've been using these magnets in my car:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/set-of-2-magnetic-decor-hooks-65528.html
    Of the two 65 # magnets in each package, one has the shiny metal on the N side, the other has metal on the S side. I put two of them under my seat in my car, with N up. Then I drove around a bit (hey, how did you know I was taking another trip to Harbor Freight?) and noticed a large amount of relief from EMF. My throat barely noticed the high power lines, but it got upset in a downtown area. Today I added a third magnet of the same type, and it seemed to do the trick. Even driving near the airport. And I also didn't get the munchies. :)

Yesterday I had a small amount of stiffness with 2 magnets, but today, with 3, I was fine. Perhaps I'm getting used to it.